Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2020, 14:35   #76
BANNED

Re: Tata Motors mocks the S-Presso for its zero safety rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If i have to nitpick, ad lacks attention to detail. I thought espresso is served in small cups or as shots! Infact it took me a while to realize coffee mug-coffee beans to spresso! This one looks like a full size coffee mug.
In India maybe yes, espresso as shots. Elsewhere in the world people drink espresso (varying strengths) in full size coffee mugs.
Old 14th November 2020, 14:40   #77
BHPian

This mocking is long deserved.

Marutis reaction is like that of a political party. Denying the results is such hypocrisy. Best part is they can get away with it.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th November 2020 at 23:48. Reason: minor typo "such" spelling
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 15:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post

Marutis reaction is like that of a political party.
Maruti's reaction to the S-Presso's GNCAP test results reminded me of a certain political figure in the United States who was running for the President-ship in the recently concluded elections, subsequently lost the elections; but will simply not accept the results!
arjab is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 15:20   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Here's another dig by Tata Motors at the Espresso after the recent GNCAP ratings. Wasn't sure about creating a new thread for this hence posting it here.
Waiting for Tiago to up the game even further and get a stable body structure with 5 stars.
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 15:28   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
India is at number 60 as per this data.
https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/...ts/by-country/
Yes, but in terms of total fatalities, India tops the list. A quick look at the Wikipedia shows in the year 2018, India had a total fatality of 299,091 followed by China (256,180) and Brazil (46,9350). The article refers to WHO data, but I could not download the recent report.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate
rsanthosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 15:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

That was a good one!

Tata indeed has spent wisely on the safety front. The effect on its sales numbers are not yet there, but as awareness would grow, more people will start looking towards their cars.

Tata still has one car in their portfolio, which is untested, the Harrier.

I had asked their Twitter handle about their plans to get the Harrier tested by Global NCAP, but the answer was not what I was looking for.

Sharing the platform with Land Rover would not necessarily mean a Five Star rating.

I did read here on the forum, that they aren't confident about achieving the highest rating, hence the delay.

But, if they have decided to make safe cars a sales pitch, their flagship without a rating, would not be seen in a good light.

And they should start working on getting the improvements required and get a rating.
Attached Images

ashutoshb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 15:47   #82
BHPian

Now if only they would learn how to sell their cars.
The experience at the typical Tata dealership is akin to being at the RTO, with worse follow up if anything.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 16:36   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Tata indeed has spent wisely on the safety front. The effect on its sales numbers are not yet there, but as awareness would grow, more people will start looking towards their cars.
I would actually say that whatever numbers they are getting now, atleast 25% of them would be because of the safety through the ratings. Recently a friend called me for advice on Seltos mid variant vs Nexon, and his inclination was on Nexon due to Safety.
Old 14th November 2020, 16:46   #84
BHPian

Times are changing in the auto world. Safety is becoming an important feature for buying vehicles though it might be small number of customers so far. However, Tata Motors has got some eyes in the govt focused on the safety angle. It is sad that this initiative should have come from the Govt and not from the manufacturer. It is the Govt's business to make the roads safer by making vehicles safer. They must save lives on the roads and legislate accordingly. Tata's and Mahindras to a lesser extent have been the pioneers. Glad to see innovative ads aimed at specific segment of the market. We need this to go rural with a bang.
Old 14th November 2020, 17:23   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing the platform with Land Rover would not necessarily mean a Five Star rating.
This was the exact response I got for the same query, about Harrier. Guess they've been getting more than enough queries about the same and have prepared a copy paste response.
Old 14th November 2020, 17:24   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I would actually say that whatever numbers they are getting now, atleast 25% of them would be because of the safety through the ratings. Recently a friend called me for advice on Seltos mid variant vs Nexon, and his inclination was on Nexon due to Safety.
I would say more than 50%. At least 60%, their marketing skills needs a lot of improvements, a lot. I know this very well because I have booked Nexon MT D XZ+ (O) just yesterday to replace my much much loved Figo. I know Ecosport is a more mature car and quite reliable, and have had experience with Ford network for over 15 years (had Ikon 1.8D before Figo). Still went with Nexon. First thing that comes to mind when people think of Tata car are those rattling noises, but I still took a dive in because for a car to get 5* rating would definitely have the build quality to achieve that.

How are they to improve their people skills without interaction with people...as is us Customers
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 18:07   #87
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Now if only they would learn how to sell their cars.
The experience at the typical Tata dealership is akin to being at the RTO, with worse follow up if anything.
I completely agree with you. Just couple of weeks back, I contacted one dealer for Nexon. I started with the mobile number given in the google. After 3 attempts, I got connected to the right person. From the beginning of the conversation itself, the person was not so enthusiastic about selling the car to me. That too, after me telling him that I have zeroed in on Nexon and I just need to finalize the variant. He said, he will call me back. And even after 2 weeks, I have not received a call from that person, or anyone from Tata Motors for that matter.
I may still go ahead and buy the car from Tata, but the experience is not the same as what I had with Maruti and Toyota before.
kavensri is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 18:46   #88
Senior - BHPian

With this I hope Maruti Suzuki, finally wake up from their slumber and take notice that in the current times ‘Staying Safe’ is all that matters over everything else

Loving the new avatar of Tata
Old 14th November 2020, 19:05   #89
BHPian

Tata should avenge what Maruti did to them with the Nano. First Ratan Tata was mocked for the concept itself and then the Nano fires were overblown in the media as if no other car has caught fire. Unfortunate for TATA but nice to see that they have come back to give it back!
amit_purohit20 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 07:58   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata still has one car in their portfolio, which is untested, the Harrier.

I did read here on the forum, that they aren't confident about achieving the highest rating, hence the delay.
Misinformation? Maybe/maybe not. To maintain the credibility of the forum, I'd appreciate a link to that thread/source.

Also, these NCAP tests are very expensive and resource intensive. They need to buy the car, ship-it, procure expensive dummies, conduct the the test, and then do a detailed analysis. There is tremendous effort involved, as each NCAP test is like a controlled scientific experiment. Since global NCAP is a neutral and independent body, they have limited resources and bandwidth. They will pick the hottest selling car in a time period and test it.

The responsibility of safety ratings lies with the Indian government. Along with crash safety norms, the government should also focus on fundamental issues with our RTOs. For improved road safety, better driver education and stricter testing for licensing will go a long way. I'm not saying airbags, ABS, VSC etc are useless though, but nobody/no-device (barring the guardian angel) can save an ignorant/uneducated fool driving at 100km/h in an 50 km/h zone.

The government has bigger problems to solve like poverty and hunger and will go with whatever SIAM recommends.
landcruiser123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks