Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What do you think of Hyundai's new design language?
I like it 76 13.45%
I'm neutral 100 17.70%
I don't like it 389 68.85%
Voters: 565. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:06   #76
BHPian

I don't like any of the Hyundai models on sale in india except the Nios and the Verna which look great.
The new Creta,Venue,Santro and Aura look absolutely hideous IMO.
Old 22nd October 2020, 16:08   #77
BHPian

Re: What do you think of Hyundai's new design language?

Voted "I don't like it". Interiors are plush and nice. Exteriors look plain wacky and weird from every angle to me. The new design theme has skewed the stance of the cars. It was indeed a shock to the brain and I hoped "it will learn and accept eventually" but never did. Yet.
Old 22nd October 2020, 16:21   #78
Sen
BHPian

Can't vote yet, but I'd like to add that Hyundai has sort of taken a step forward with their design, then two steps back.

Subjective opinion, don't like the Venue, the Creta (that back ), the aura (there's a trend with butt ends going in, I see a joke there somewhere), and generally, it doesn't gel with me personally.

The Verna is the solid design on their roster, the santro looks like it's a newborn babe essentially, but generally, their "design language" is going downhill. A bit polarizing for sure.

Just my two bucks.
Old 22nd October 2020, 16:41   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

A big fat NAY! Of course I don't have the right to judge & say they are bad. They aren't to my taste nonetheless.

I loved the previous generation Verna, Creta (The version just before current face-lift) & the bulbous eyed last fluidic i20 facelift. But since then its on a terrible downward spiral when applying my rules of how a car should look. Suddenly something shifted / fell off in their design team. I don't know what is this obsession with that cost-cutting oriented cascade grille with just large vacant gaps to save plastic. It does not look good and especially not so good that it must be on all cars! I'd say Hyundai's are the most polarizing cars in our market on looks. I never thought in last decade after the Santro that we'd say this about Hyundai.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd October 2020 at 18:12. Reason: As requested.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:10   #80
BHPian

I am unable to vote (new to Team-BHP), so I am not sure if there is a setting I should enable for voting.

My vote is "I Don't Like It". The 2nd Gen Creta has too much of a concept design language for my liking. I can digest the rear but definitely not the front. The i20 was good. I say "was" because the new i20 pics somehow make it look smaller. The rear resembles Brio. Even Verna fluidic 2nd Gen was better than the current one. Never liked Venue and Aura. Overall, not a big fan of their new design language.
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:41   #81
Senior - BHPian

Current designs from Hyndai are horribly wrong. Santro, Aura, Creta all are odd designs for sure. Santro in fact flopped due to its bad design only, looks really bad. Old Santro was much much better. Same with Aura, really quirky design, not liked by common people. End result - Flop. Creta is selling well even though many didn't like the design is only because of its legacy and not much competition in that segment.

Hope they bring better designs soon. May be hire Pratap Bose from Tata
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:51   #82
BHPian

I cannot believe I voted "I don't like it".

I have owned two Hyundai cars (the first gen Hyundai i10 and Hyundai i20) and liked the looks of both of them. Both the cars had practicality (aerodynamics, placement of accessories, etc.) and elegance. Even materials used were quite good for the price of the car.

Off late some of the cars look awfully bad especially the more affordable ones. Haven't yet seen the new Creta in person but the new I10 Grande, Santro, Aura look bad. Looks like the design team forgot the elegance part completely.

Another thing that comes to my mind is certain design elements (blackend D-piller, use of chrome, high gloss coloured plastics) should be tastefully and wisely used. Like BMW, Hyundai has started using excessively large grills. I think these should be need driven and not just like that.

I usually admire VAG for their minimalistic and elegant designs.
Old 22nd October 2020, 18:03   #83

Unable to vote.

If it allowed me I would have voted - 'I don't like it'

While I like the Palisade design and build the new Creta & i20 design are not much appealing. Creta's rear lights are little lower which gives a impression that the car is shorter than actually it is. Also, the front grill shape on Creta looks weird to me.
Old 22nd October 2020, 18:40   #84
BHPian

I would like to say the design for me are neutral.

I for one, like the design of Nios and the Creta but can't withstand the design of i20 and Aura. I hate the rear of both these vehicle to the fullest extent possible, but Creta, I quite like it, may be buy one as replacement for my Elite i20.
Old 22nd October 2020, 18:42   #85
BHPian

Voted NO. Coming from someone who had a white elephant aka the "Getz" I have never liked their designs. Be it old or new. They don't make anything which grows on you. And that applies to their current generation cars too. I have seldom see a Hyundai which can be termed as classy. *thumbs down*
Old 22nd October 2020, 19:17   #86

Couldn't vote but if I did, I would've gone with a big fat no.

My family owns the discontinued Hyundai i10 1.2 Sportz variant which we bought home in 2013 and I do have to say that the newer designs are so unattractive.

A friend who previously owned a Grand i10 and drove it for 60k+ kms bought a XL6 over another Hyundai because he hates the newer designs.
Old 22nd October 2020, 19:43   #87
BHPian

Personally I like the designs except the Aura. i20, new Creta, Palisade, Kona etc all are futuristic. They are not for all for sure! "Compared to" front end designs of Honda, et all, this looks will grown on us. Also, the photos and the angle may not tell the actual story. I have seen Palisade in person and boy, it looks very modern and European styling stands out. I am looking forward to i20 and N version design and I guess in person they will look good. Again, these are all individual tastes and majority common population might not like them at all. In this way, will the design affects sales? I don't think so. There are other factors out there to make it or break it.
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:48   #88
BHPian

Voted yes.

I don’t like the design of Venue.
i20 isn’t looking great in front of something like Altroz.
The i10 Nios is meh and so is Aura which is a far cry from the segment leader, Dzire.

But! Creta looks great in person! When we first saw the pics, I absolutely hated it and thought Hyundai is so foolish to offer this as a response to Seltos.

When I saw it in person, it felt like Creta has grown up now and looks like a baby Pallisade. While the Seltos looks like an evolved gen 1 Creta.

I feel their new designs will grow on us, at least some of them (definitely not Venue).
Old 22nd October 2020, 22:16   #89
BHPian

Voted No.
Exception - Terracan
Old 23rd October 2020, 02:36   #90
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quite simply : I dont like it.

In fact I hate the new design language of Hyundai.

The new-gen Creta, new-Elantra, Aura(rear), new-gen i20(rear) & Santro look hideous IMO. Creta only survived because it was a huge success with its 1st gen model(its a huge brand in India now), and probably the new-gen i20 might also do (somewhat)okay in India.

But what gave Hyundai the confidence that it can take on the undisputed king of the segment Maruti-Dzire with this hideous rear design of Aura? Same is the case with new-gen i20 and NIOS, who will compete with mighty Baleno & Swift from Maruti. Creta was an exception because it does not have real competition from Maruti and also the Creta-segment does have significant diesel sales. But it wont be easy for Aura, i20 & NIOS against Maruti's cars.

On the flip side, the 2nd gen i20 was one of the best looking hatchbacks in the country and now they have messed it up. The Tuscon and verna are good designs too.

Say what you will, but TATA motors is doing some of the best work in design-department with all of their current & future(HBX) cars.
Napalm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks