Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 23:33   #31
Sen
BHPian

Re: An ode to Volkswagen India

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post
Which Service Centre would you rate the BEST in NCR? The information would be beneficial for me and all the other VW users.

Thanks in advance!
Wanted to know this for Hyderabad as well. I'm not taking any risks with servicing at an A. S. S in a VW car.

Any experiences good or bad with dealers in and around Hyderabad? I live in the twin city near VW Secunderabad.
Old 23rd October 2020, 00:17   #32
BHPian

VW really needs to plug the gap between 10 lakhs and 20 - else many happy Polo owners with limited budgets would be forced to look elsewhere despite their preferences. Vento and rapid are hardly upgrades, drive similarly and even the interiors are the same
Old 28th October 2020, 03:39   #33
BHPian

I'm on my second VAG, and I can safely say that more are on the way.

I experimented with a Jap (Honda Civic) and gave it up in just 4 months in favour of the car I replaced it with a Mk1 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI Automatic.

Here is my 2006 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI Automatic (a fairly rare variant). I had this from September 2014 to October 2018 and covered 70,000+ km during this period.

An ode to Volkswagen India-screenshot_20201028033123_gallery.jpg

And here is my 2015 Polo GT TSI, which I got in October 2018. I've driven for 30,000 km so far. Many more to go.
An ode to Volkswagen India-screenshot_20201028033139_gallery.jpg
Photo credit goes to @RoadGlide
Viraat13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 12:12   #34
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Since that day in 2009 between my joint family & the business 8 cars got purchased and none were VW. VW don't care and neither do I.
My experience with VW began with a similar experience of arranging a test drive of the TDI Vento for my dad. We have bought 4 cars after that in the family and I never looked back at a VW. Until recently, toying with the idea of a used Jetta. Event then, we trusted TATA with our money.

However, I remember that this thread is for a different purpose. I had to borrow a friend's 2013 Polo 1.2 MPI Highline since my car was stuck with a dead battery in the middle of lockdown. This Polo had 39K on the odo. It hadn't been serviced in 2 years, had bald tyres, a broken underbody guard and radiator shroud, a dent on the fender, wipers with no rubber and hard water marks on the front bumper..

But still, there were subtle things which made me grow fond of it. The bodyline with the small rear quarter glass and its subtle widening at the B-pillar were unique. Low-mid range response from the 3 cylinder, one touch roll up and down on windows, a wide cabin, tilt+telescopic steering, adequate heft in the clutch action, smooth gearshifts and auto climate control were the other things which surely felt substantial. I drove it for 1 month on those bald tyres, bought a set of wiper blades, got it cleaned and tanked up when I returned it to its owner. Coerced her to get it serviced and get a new set of tyres for it.

With some of that TLC taken care of, it looks and feels as good as new after 7 years and 43,000 kms on the odo and has no part failures.
Old 28th October 2020, 12:32   #35
KPR
BANNED

Seeing this thread I think I should start/search for the thread praising for the other European brand along with their ASS for giving me immense satisfaction both in car and maintenance front. Based on my experience with a Punto my family ended up buying an Abarth too.
Old 23rd December 2020, 08:40   #36
BHPian

Good one. Wait till you experience the horror.

I’ve had four VW cars of my own. Not including my brothers

2010 polo 1.2 petrol high line. Sold in 3 years
2012 vento 1.6 petrol auto high line. Scrapped in 6th year for 65k
2016 polo gt TSI. Sold in 2020 within warranty
2018 ameo diesel auto high line plus. On sale since not using as much in COVID

I was a die hard VW fan as you can see above. But my bitter experience with vento has put me off. I wanted to keep the car for longer but 5th year repairs worth 1.5 lacs and 6th year kaput. Repair estimate of 6 lacs with 50% support from arrogant VW. A car doing 55k kms having packed a gearbox. Not expected.

I still bought the ameo after this incident but with the knowledge that the car must go within warranty or if I keep it for longer, I’m prepared to scrap it. Thus a mental price barrier of a million. Would have loved to buy an octavia but no. Can’t sell in 4 years and can’t afford to scrap that car. Now I’ve bought a crysta petrol auto and am pretty happy with the large displacement na, huge space and ability to go over broken or submerged roads.

Good luck with your VW until they break. 🤞🏻🧿
Old 24th December 2020, 12:06   #37
BHPian

Feels good to see so many people write positive about VW. I own a 7.5 year old 65k kms run Polo. No complaints, have serviced it at recommended intervals. Service experience has always been good at BU Bhandari. The car still feels good to drive without any rattles or noises. I will probably wait for it to turn 10 year old and then buy my next VW. We also have a four year old Figo Aspire. Polo to Aspire, the build quality diffence is like night and day! Probably should have got another VW instead.

Last edited by Ketan T : 24th December 2020 at 12:07.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 18:49   #38

Thanks to all the beautiful comments. Everyone involved here including my personal experience of the test drive made me book a Polo few days back.

I too had a really good experience at VW Safdarjang, Delhi. I guess having less volume does help the brand to pay good attention to their customers as compared to other brands with huge volumes.

Would love to know if anyone resides in or around south delhi(Vasant Vihar) and would like to recommend any FnG or just drop a Hi for a weekend drive. : )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks