Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2020, 22:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris getting a mild update = Black colour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Maruti vs Toyota! Who adds the 21 bhp?
The black colour? Or the RS stickers!!!

Honestly though, the Japanese are losing the plot to the Koreans. I expect HyuKi to overtake MS in next 8-12 months.
By sales? If so, they'll have to cram a gazillion cars into the entry level market, like suzuki are doing. Celerio, K10, a800, wagon r, espresso, ( any more which I've missed ), to capture every buyer in that price range. They are willing to cannibalise themselves to deny others the chance to do the same.

The Koreans are known in India for their fit and finish and quality, I don't know how they'll be able to achieve that while filling the entry level segment.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 22:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

Well it does look good in Black atleast so it's not a lost cause per se.

Ofcourse this won't help sales at all. However I guess they can't just stop and give up on it. Whatever possible with minimal effort to get even a few extra cars sold is fine.

With the new City, Verna and TSI Rapid, Vento + the barrage of SUV's from Kia and Hyundai the Yaris is really nowhere in the picture.

This will probably help sell a few more with no real additional cost to Toyota for a new paint shade.

I don't think they are going to bother with facelift or significant upgrades.

A sunroof may help but I am not even sure it is available in Thailand version.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 12:42   #18
BHPian

Have they atleast bothered to provide Black interiors with this or same old hideous beige interiors and conviniently increased the price as well for a plain sticker job?
rashreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 11:30   #19
BHPian

Just a reminder that Toyota has only 3 products in its quiver. Fortuner, Innova and this.

They are missing entirely in the hatchback, csuv segments which is where the market is.

If it has the product line up available even in a Thailand, Toyota can move a lot more units. Not sure though why their bean counters are content with these three
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 14:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

If it has the product line up available even in a Thailand, Toyota can move a lot more units. Not sure though why their bean counters are content with these three
Lack of leadership, lack of imagination, lack of ideas- probably all three to some degree. As a happy Innova customer over many Kms, it pains me to no end to see this state of affairs. Also, I suspect their Indian partner (Kirloskar) is capital-starved but retains a right of first refusal for all new investment plans. I hope some employee of the company, and a TBHP user can provide more details and context.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 7th September 2020 at 14:54. Reason: Minor edits
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks