Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2020, 15:45   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
All Black Ford Endeavour Sport spotted alongside regular variant.
Dark Edition for the Endeavour. It would look menacing in the Rear View Mirror specially with the Raptor Grill. Additionally Beige interiors in the lower half of the vehicle aren't suitable for Indian conditions.
adi.mariner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 20:48   #47

A navy blue or blue black will suit the black sports kit. I really hope these colors are brought in like the Everest below

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-ea4c2cfca57241ab8bebda189b86d128.jpeg
navjon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 22:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

So is this the future of Ford India? Sell existing products with new exterior and interior colours? Is there nothing in their pipeline as a replacement?
Old 9th September 2020, 23:21   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
So is this the future of Ford India? Sell existing products with new exterior and interior colours? Is there nothing in their pipeline as a replacement?
Isn't that a bit harsh? They just got a new engine and gearbox 6 months back.

The Bi turbo will be very welcome but I'm sure that will be better as a MY21 update rather than within 6 months.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 00:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Bi turbo will be very welcome but I'm sure that will be better as a MY21 update rather than within 6 months.
I think MY21 update is applicable for other global markets like Thailand, Philippines, South Africa & Australia too but BiTurbo is already available there. So I'm not sure why is it different here in India.
Old 10th September 2020, 00:17   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I think MY21 update is applicable for other global markets like Thailand, Philippines, South Africa & Australia too but BiTurbo is already available there. So I'm not sure why is it different here in India.
They just wanted to play safe I guess by getting the single turbo for BS6 and see the response of buyers.

If good then they probably will look at Bi-turbo.

Remember that homologation cost is huge for 2 powertrain options.
Old 10th September 2020, 16:07   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Remember that homologation cost is huge for 2 powertrain options.
I thought I recalled reading an article where homologation can be avoided for global models that meet other developed country standards?
Old 10th September 2020, 18:07   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I thought I recalled reading an article where homologation can be avoided for global models that meet other developed country standards?
IIRC, only if fully imported as CBU like the Skoda Karoq, Tiguan Allspace and T-ROC.
Old 10th September 2020, 18:43   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't the Endy launced only in 2017 ? Ideally these vehicles need minimum 10 year life cycle to recoup development costs. There was already a minor refresh and now the major change to the power train.
Old 10th September 2020, 19:01   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Wasn't the Endy launced only in 2017 ?.
It was launched in 2016 in India and globally 2015. So basically 5 years since launch.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 20:03   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You don't want them to replace a product which is just 5 year old as shortening the product life cycle by half will only make the car much more expensive. Mid-life refresh is what is typically done around 5th year and this is a decent effort by Ford in that regard.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 19:02   #57
BHPian

Slightly offtopic, mods can delete the post if not needed.

Just wondering how difficult it is to convert the present single turbo to bi-turbo by buying / importing needed spares. I mean is it technically feasible at all. Would there be ECU remapping involved? Would it be worth the effort? This is something I have been wondering all along.
Old 12th September 2020, 20:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Slightly offtopic, mods can delete the post if not needed.

Just wondering how difficult it is to convert the present single turbo to bi-turbo by buying / importing needed spares. I mean is it technically feasible at all. Would there be ECU remapping involved? Would it be worth the effort? This is something I have been wondering all along.
Should be technically possible (but you may end up changing few parts including internals like the piston heads to work with the increased boost) but you will certainly loose the warranty.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 22:30   #59
BHPian

Greetings,

I guess just offering a black paint job and wheels as black edition, the manufacturer feels it will turn out to be sporty.

Ford could have atleast offered black interiors as an option or the large wheels which is available in the international markets. I feel they give a good stance and appeal to endeavour.

Though, I really liked the grille, looks much better than the aftermarket ones available.
Old 13th September 2020, 01:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Should be technically possible (but you may end up changing few parts including internals like the piston heads to work with the increased boost) but you will certainly loose the warranty.
To be honest the way they have cut costs, I don't think they would have changed anything including intakes and heads as every single component redesign leads to cost escalation which is not worth. But again I am not sure and experts can comment. The reason for this wild guess is that this is just a reduction of turbocharger flow. Any increase in flow needs redesigning of components to increase performance but in this case a smaller turbo is the bottle neck. Don't see a need to change anything. The car is still new and a lot of info is not available yet. A bi-turbo should spice up things. Hate it when manufactures take us for a ride.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks