Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2020, 10:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied

I would defintely love the bi-turbo to come to India. Considering the latest Endeavour top model price being 42-44 lakhs on road, the bi-turbo would be close to 50 lakhs.
People in India will not buy a Ford close to 50 lakhs because they can then slowly set into the German cars territory.
Already the Fortuner which is almost equally priced to the Endeavour, is giving the Endeavour sales a tough time. Introducing the bi-turbo may cause more confusing in the Indian market and may even reduce the existing sales of the Endeavour, as more and more people would then be drawn to the Fortuner. We can only discuss, but Ford has valid reasons for holding back a superior product and continuing with their existing line up of the Endeavours.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 4th September 2020 at 10:23.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 10:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I would defintely love the bi-turbo to come to India. Considering the latest Endeavour top model price being 42-44 lakhs on road, the bi-turbo would be close to 50 lakhs.
Correction- Endeavour Top end model costs 39L OTR and 41L in Pune & Mumbai respectively. I don't know about other cities. A premium of 3~ L for the Bi-Turbo would be optimum.

Source- Cardekho.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV, Endy) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 4th September 2020 at 11:26. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 4th September 2020, 11:15   #18
BHPian

This may be a dumb question, but since there's no 4wd badge at the rear, is this a 2wd version?
The_Mad_Hatter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 12:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Hatter View Post
This may be a dumb question, but since there's no 4wd badge at the rear, is this a 2wd version?
Good question but I seriously hope not. A sport model should be a full blown bi turbo 4x4 power train. It’s just speculation for now, time will tell.
It’s good to see such road tests happening, spy shots coming in, enthusiastic discussions, gives a healthy outlook overall for our auto industry especially considering the fact we are still coming out of Corona.
Old 4th September 2020, 12:24   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Endeavour Top end model costs 39L OTR and 41L in Pune & Mumbai respectively.
Usually these sites do not include some hidden costs, example: on carwale the on-road cost of a Fortuner 4X2 Diesel AT is ₹39.48L but the real cost according to Toyota’s price list is ₹41.5L, this includes accessories and extended warranty removing which saves 70K so the net price is still almost 1L more than what these sites mention. So an Endeavour 4X4 AT may actually cost 42-43L on-road Mumbai same is the case with the Fortuner 4X4 AT.

I have often told CarWale to mention the correct prices but they always show a blind eye.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 4th September 2020 at 12:26.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 12:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Endeavour top end at 39L.
This was probably before the price increase. I checked out the Endeavour on Wednesday (September 02, 2020) and the price list in Pune was 42.x on road.

I am also hopeful the bi-turbo version is launched here. I'd pay a 10% premium for it if it is as good as everyone suggests. I fear this may be just an entry level variant with some cosmetic changes with the same engine currently on sale and nothing more.

One of those instances where I'd be elated to be wrong and I am hoping I am totally wrong and a 2 litre bi-turbo is launched soon.

Dear Ford India, I hope you're reading this!
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 19:50   #22
BANNED

According to the following Times Now news article, the endeavour sport edition won't be getting any mechanical changes for our market:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...ch-soon/647537
Due credits to the respective owners.

It's a sad news and multiple automobile sites too mention no changes to mechanical specifications.
Now we can only hope the next gen Endeavour comes with sportier engine options for India.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 4th September 2020 at 19:50. Reason: Grammatical correction
Old 4th September 2020, 20:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
According to the following Times Now news article, the endeavor sport edition won't be getting any mechanical changes for our market:
if this is true, what exactly are they testing ?
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 20:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correction- Endeavour Top end model costs 39L OTR and 41L in Pune & Mumbai respectively. I don't know about other cities. A premium of 3~ L for the Bi-Turbo would be optimum.

Source- Cardekho.
Correction-Correction.
The Endeavour top model cost is about 42.5 on road in Mumbai.
The websites online do not mention other charges like extended warranty, handling charges, accessories etc.
Also it's unlikely that the cost will be 3 lakhs more for the bi-turbo. Its going to be more, if at all it is launched in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Usually these sites do not include some hidden costs, example: on carwale the on-road cost of a Fortuner 4X2 Diesel AT is ₹39.48L but the real cost according to Toyota’s price list is ₹41.5L, this includes accessories and extended warranty removing which saves 70K so the net price is still almost 1L more than what these sites mention. So an Endeavour 4X4 AT may actually cost 42-43L on-road Mumbai same is the case with the Fortuner 4X4 AT.
Thanks for confirming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
This was probably before the price increase. I checked out the Endeavour on Wednesday (September 02, 2020) and the price list in Pune was 42.x on road.
Thanks for confirming.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 4th September 2020 at 20:42.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 21:47   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
if this is true, what exactly are they testing ?
Don't know but I think it might be a retuned suspension for the sport, or may be autonomous driving features.
Old 4th September 2020, 22:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Also it's unlikely that the cost will be 3 lakhs more for the bi-turbo. Its going to be more, if at all it is launched in India.
I think the Bi-Turbo will command a less premium than 3 lakhs. In Australia where the 2.0L Bi-turbo is available in parallel to 3.2L, its just AUD 1800 more, which translates into INR 80000. Also, there is a chance that the new chinese entrant(GLOSTER) is going to put more pressure on Endeavour than Fortuner, to give more value to customers.
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 01:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
People in India will not buy a Ford close to 50 lakhs because they can then slowly set into the German cars territory.
Already the Fortuner which is almost equally priced to the Endeavour, is giving the Endeavour sales a tough time. Introducing the bi-turbo may cause more confusing in the Indian market and may even reduce the existing sales of the Endeavour, as more and more people would then be drawn to the Fortuner.
I think powerful engine was one of the main reason for people to choose Endeavor over Fortuner when it was launched. So I don't have any good reason to believe people will prefer an under-powered vehicle with the same price as Fortuner, especially the Fortuner facelift is supposed to launch with a more powerful engine ( 204PS & 500NM). Also MG is expected to price Gloster between Rs 35 - 40L, Which will bring more worries for Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
I think the Bi-Turbo will command a less premium than 3 lakhs. In Australia where the 2.0L Bi-turbo is available in parallel to 3.2L, its just AUD 1800 more, which translates into INR 80000. Also, there is a chance that the new chinese entrant(GLOSTER) is going to put more pressure on Endeavour than Fortuner, to give more value to customers.
It is actually 1500 AU$ (for 3.2 6AT to 2.0 10 AT upgrade) = ~80K INR.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-endy.jpg  

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 09:31   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Fortuner, especially the Fortuner facelift is supposed to launch with a more powerful engine ( 204PS & 500NM).
You might be wrong sir as it is expected that there won't be any bump in power for the facelift Fortuner and we will continue to get the 2.8 litre diesel in the present tune.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 5th September 2020 at 09:32. Reason: Incorrect spelling
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 11:43   #29
BHPian

For the people who already own a 3.2L endeavor, I am looking forward to any dealer fitted accessories to do a slight make over. could be the blacked out honey comb grill, may be the black alloys and any additional accessories? it is exciting to see renewed interest in the brand as an existing owner.
Old 5th September 2020, 17:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
You might be wrong sir as it is expected that there won't be any bump in power for the facelift Fortuner and we will continue to get the 2.8 litre diesel in the present tune.
I disagree with this, Toyota won’t give all other markets like South Africa, Australia and Europe(LC Prado) the upgraded engine and leave India with the older engine. They will definitely get the upgraded engine, Autocar India also has been denying that India will get the upgraded engine. I don’t understand why.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks