Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2020, 15:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo launched at Rs. 11.25 lakh

Mahindra has silently launched the BS6-compliant Marazzo at Rs. 11.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The MPV is available in three variants - M2, M4+ and M6+. The M8 variant has been discontinued.

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo launched at Rs. 11.25 lakh-marazzo-1.jpg

The BS6-compliant Marazzo looks identical to the BS4 version of the MPV. The car is equipped with lumbar support for the front seats, driver's seat height adjust, automatic climate control, cornering lamps, follow-me-home headlamps, 17-inch alloy wheels, and front and rear fog lamps. It also comes with a 7-inch touchscreen head-unit and rear parking camera with adaptive guidelines.

The MPV loses out on some feautres previously offered on the M8 variant. These include leatherette upholstery, cooled glove box, cruise control and power folding ORVMs.

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo launched at Rs. 11.25 lakh-marazzo-2.jpg

Powering the Marrazzo is a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine producing 121 BHP @ 3,500 rpm and 300 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm. It is paired to a 6-speed manual transmission. Rumours suggest that the Marrazo could also get a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine.

Variant-wise prices:
M2 - Rs. 11,25,136
M4+ - Rs. 12,37,211
M6+ - Rs. 13,51,211

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo launched at Rs. 11.25 lakh-marazzo-4.jpg

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo launched at Rs. 11.25 lakh-marazoo-3.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ChiragM : 25th August 2020 at 15:11.
ChiragM is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 15:43   #2
BHPian

Re: BS6 Mahindra Marazzo launched at Rs. 11.25 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
The MPV loses out on cruise control
Other feature deletions can be given a miss , but why remove CC for a highway cruiser.
kamilharis is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 16:17   #3
BHPian

While the prices for BS6 edition has gone up, the top end Marazzo undercuts the Hector Plus Style (Base) edition by a lakh. Sensible pricing in my opinion.
Old 25th August 2020, 17:05   #4
BHPian

Sorry for a noob question, which vehicle has more 3rd row space, Eritga or Marazzo? I'm not asking about litres-wise space but occupancy wise which car's 3rd row is better and comfortable to seat 3 kids or 2 adults?
Old 25th August 2020, 17:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
The MPV loses out on some feautres previously offered on the M8 variant. These include leatherette upholstery, cooled glove box, cruise control and power folding ORVMs.
Looks like after M&M and Ford JV, Mahindra has started following Ford and deleting features from its vehicles. They went one step ahead and deleted a variant itself

Jokes apart, M8 variant was grossly overpriced from the beginning for the features it offered.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 18:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Sorry for a noob question, which vehicle has more 3rd row space, Eritga or Marazzo? I'm not asking about litres-wise space but occupancy wise which car's 3rd row is better and comfortable to seat 3 kids or 2 adults?
I believe in terms of width wise, Marazzo has more space at 3rd row. (Same should be the case with legroom). However Ertiga 3rd row seats are placed slightly higher from the floor compared to Marazzo, so the passengers in Ertiga will not feel that they have to sit in Knees-up position and also the reclining 3rd row seat helps.

However the entry to Ertiga 3rd row is tougher than that of Marazzo as the 2nd row seat do not tumble and just slide forwards.

Note: I do own the 2019 Ertiga and evaluated Marazzo during the purchase. Apart from the lower price of Ertiga, my senior citizen parents were more comfortable to get in to the middle row of Ertiga, compared to Marazzo.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 19:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
3rd row space, Eritga or Marazzo?
Marazzo is better than Ertiga in 3rd row. Even the t-bhp review stated that it can comfortably seat 2 adults. See (Mahindra Marazzo : Official Review) .
Or Squeeze even 3!

Last edited by kamilharis : 25th August 2020 at 19:10.
kamilharis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 20:33   #8
BHPian

In 2018, we got a Hexa XMA for 15 lakhs on road. It seems unbelievable that a Marazzo costs almost the same with a manual transmission.

The biggest issue with this vehicle is that it is not a very comfortable one - in terms of suspension quality. Yes it is far better than the Ertiga or Scorpio (the other vehicles which seat 7 below 15 lakhs) but the Hexa felt much better put together. Something around 10 to 11 lakhs ex showroom for the mid variant felt good for this one. If people are spending 13-15 lakhs on a base Marazzo, they'll not think twice before buying an Innova base model for 2 lakhs more.
Cessna182 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 22:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

For a second I thought they borrowed the steering wheel from the new Gurkha there.

Also paying 17 lakhs for this and having to open or close the ORVM by hand is hilarious.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 25th August 2020 at 22:55.
Old 25th August 2020, 23:04   #10
BHPian

Cruise Control removed from a family mpv that will definitely be used for long trips. So the intelligent people at Mahindra found this useful feature to be extra?

May be they are now targeting just the taxi segment, hence the removal of top end variant.
Aksthedreamer is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 23:34   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
For a second I thought they borrowed the steering wheel from the new Gurkha there.
Sorry, but why? Gurkha's steering screams cheap, whereas the one on Marazzo is still better to look at!

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo launched at Rs. 11.25 lakh-20200825_190130.jpg
Dry Ice is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 01:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
The biggest issue with this vehicle is that it is not a very comfortable one - in terms of suspension quality. Yes it is far better than the Ertiga or Scorpio (the other vehicles which seat 7 below 15 lakhs) but the Hexa felt much better put together.
I beg to differ. I have a Marazzo bought a few months ago. The vehicle shines in suspension quality. Very comfortable. Smooth silent cruiser. I have the mid variant which has 16 inch wheels and that rides even better than the top end variant which comes with 17 inch wheels. I have not driven Hexa extensively so i cannot compare. In my final short list it was Crysta versus Marazzo and hence I compared it extensively with Innova Crysta taking back to back test drives. It definitely rides much better than the Innova and is much more refined as well. It is also well put together and feels solidly built.

Marazzo is not about features or glamour. You don't get a second look from anyone when you are on the road. You will get more features and more attention from the pseudo-suv's in similar price range. Marazzo is about core engineering quality, refinement and comfort.

Last edited by JediKnight : 26th August 2020 at 01:32.
JediKnight is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 07:21   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
The biggest issue with this vehicle is that it is not a very comfortable one
No way! The Marazzo has a lovely suspension and keeps its occupants comfortable. What's more, the MPV is surprisingly car-like to drive as well. From our Official Review:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Low speed ride quality is compliant & a lot superior to other Mahindra body-on-frame UVs (which somehow have never ridden well). The Marazzo is a stark contrast to them. It doesn't even have the excessive side-to-side swaying that we usually see in the brand's UVs. However, on imperfect roads, the Mahindra can get jiggly and can't be compared to monocoques like the Lodgy.

The ride improves as the speedometer climbs. It is comfortable on the expressway. Even so, at speed, the suspension is busy and you are aware of the surface you are travelling on. It's compliant, but not in the league of say, a Tata Hexa. Must be noted that our test vehicle was running on 17" wheels, while lesser variants get 16" rims with taller rubber. The ride quality on those will be cushier.
The top 4 main problems with the Marazzo remain:

• Mahindra's lack of marketing push
• Higher variants being too expensive
• No Automatic and no Petrol
• The feature list hasn't kept up with the times

Other than that, it is a TERRIFIC MPV.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 09:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Powering the Marrazzo is a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine producing 121 BHP @ 3,500 rpm and 300 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm. It is paired to a 6-speed manual transmission.
Is this engine used anywhere else in the Mahindra universe?

Sutripta
Old 26th August 2020, 09:19   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Is this engine used anywhere else in the Mahindra universe?

Sutripta
XUV 300 has the same engine albeit with 115bhp instead of 121bhp in the Marazzo
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks