Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Ford Endeavour (2nd-gen) today?
Yes 329 77.41%
No 96 22.59%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2020, 12:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Endeavour (2nd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
...if someone has to consider only new one, Fortuner is a better option in my opinion.
Would you mind elaborating on that a little, please?
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 12:46   #32
BHPian

I have to tell you it is an incredible car.
My father drives it (and I do too occasionally) and he went to Ford showroom because there was a waiting on Fortuner and he says it was on of the best decisions of his life. Agree with him. Ford really did a commendable job with this car.
adhd92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:21   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Would you mind elaborating on that a little, please?
We have a separate thread for this discussion.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post4783968 (Ford Endeavour 2.0 vs the competition)

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th August 2020 at 13:38.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:34   #34
BHPian

What a thread,I bought a 2017 3.2 Titanium in march 2020 . The odo reading was at 23600 kms and now it stands at 32300kms . Just amazing how it drives over any terrain .
Actually offroading is its home turf . I cruise on highways 120-140 kmph with ease . Passengers dont complain either . Fuel efficiency for such a vehicle is too good too , i have never got below 8kmpl and maxed out at 12kmpl .

All in all anybody who is ready to shell out for a German marquee (ML,X1,X3,GLA)should at least try once a 3.2 endeavor . Routine maintenance is also very reasonable , I recently serviced my car from bhavna ford and my expenditure was just 11750/- including taxes . All consumables,filters, wheel rotation , alignment and balancing was done .
Secondly it is very easy to drive in city stop n go traffic due to lightweight power steering which of course is electric and a very well calibrated one .
LEOMAN is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 15:11   #35
BHPian

This indeed is a great thread. I want to write my 2 cents because I used to own the 1st gen Fortuner, from 2011-2019, over 8.5 years. I also own a 2013 Audi Q7, so I have 1st hand experience of driving these cars extensively. The odo in our Q7 read 90k and the last 30k have been quite tedious. I don't know what quality these German brands advertise but in the extended warranty period, I had them change quite a few electronic parts. The last 40k of Fortuner were also quite headache-y.

In June 2019, after driving my Fortuner for over 1.6 lac kms, I sold it and bought a new 3.2 Endeavour and I have not regretted my decision even a single day. There is a world of difference between my old fortuner and the new Endeavour, obviously, being 2 different generations but what stood out for me was, I choose it over my Q7, anyday.

Around the same time, a friend bought the top trend of the 2019 Fortuner and I have sat in his car a few times but the black interiors are just such a drag. Also Fortuner's ride has not improved much over the gen's, it's still wildly jumpy and I live in Noida, where road conditions are better than most metro's. The beige interiors of the Endeavour are much more inviting and car's ride is far better than the Toyota. Also the fit and finish is on the same lines as the German's, atleast it looks that way. Panoramic sunroof is another welcome addition which the kids absolutely love and instantly livens up the cabin. The fortuner's dash is also quite upright, like the scorpio, looks a bit odd. I had already decided to buy the new Fortuner, again but my father was against it and wanted me to get a Evoque or an X4 but I wanted a car which does give me a headache like the Q7 does. I looked at both the vehicles and kept Endeavour for last, the moment I sat in the car, I was SOLD.

The only draw back for me being the ingress and egress to the 3rd row,our use is quite a lot as we are a family of 6 but kids are quite young so they can manage for another 8 years, till the time comes to change the car. But I will buy the Endy over the Fortuner any day and that too brand new and I will pick up the Endeavour over quite a few German's as well. It punches well above it's weight, for sure.
Vikram_agg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 16:12   #36
BHPian

Yes. It's huge and has the road presence comparable to any other full sized SUV from other competing brands that are 2x, 3x expensive than the Endeavour minus their niggles, expensive spares and service.

Btw, received this now. Views? Credible or BS?

Happy Motoring?? I think they themselves are not sure and are asking us.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used Ford Endeavour (2nd-gen)-screenshot_20200824161514.jpg  

Last edited by bharatbits : 24th August 2020 at 16:17.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 03:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

I’d go for Ford Endeavour, new / preowned- EYES CLOSED!

Looks is absolutely butch - a true SUV!

I bet anyone who sees this machine in their RVM, doesn’t really get messy with it but to only make way for it. My choice of color is BLACK. Pure gangster if it’s modded with good kits and big wheels.

Look at this class mod:

Last edited by gururajrv : 25th August 2020 at 03:41.
gururajrv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 21:42   #38
BHPian

I love Ford Endeavour, but right now I am in a dilemma for next vehicle purchase and would like the opinion of fellow members.

I am planning to purchase a vehicle around festive season and have my eyes set on Harrier XZA variant which will cost around 23L on road in Delhi.

But, the love for Endeavour is making me rethink.

Should i go for a new Harrier XZA and have piece of mind for next 5-7 years, or look for a Pre-owned Endeavour 3.2 with a slight possibility of increased maintenance cost? I don't have need for extra 2 seats.

Please keep in mind that we can keep Diesel vehicle till 10 years age in Delhi.

Thank You
Route66 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 15:12   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
I love Ford Endeavour, but right now I am in a dilemma for next vehicle purchase and would like the opinion of fellow members.

I am planning to purchase a vehicle around festive season and have my eyes set on Harrier XZA variant which will cost around 23L on road in Delhi.

But, the love for Endeavour is making me rethink.

Should i go for a new Harrier XZA and have piece of mind for next 5-7 years, or look for a Pre-owned Endeavour 3.2 with a slight possibility of increased maintenance cost? I don't have need for extra 2 seats.

Please keep in mind that we can keep Diesel vehicle till 10 years age in Delhi.

Thank You
Go for the Endeavour , one with extended warranty or the one where you can extend it.

At around the same cost its a no brainer , Endeavour is not even something that should be talked about in same conversation for any car that is less than <25L new .

Sometimes my friends bring up seltos/hector/harrier/ and so on, I have test driven them all , no they don't compare, its just different segment.

Thank you for starting this Thread, This thread and the Love of GTO for Endeavour made me finally buy one used.

I was considering Skoda Superb/VW Passat and BMW 530D for about 15-18L however I am not a guy who has too much time in hands to buy these machines on the used state and do constant repairs so I thought lets shell up bit more and get the right machine then relax and pay less on the maintenance and management.

I had a Jazz VX AT and I sold it to a friend and converted it to

The FORD ENDEAVOUR 3.2 titanium 4x4 Car was in Mint condition with extended warranty and full 1 year insurance / perfect service history so I paid a fair price of 24L and I feel like car is almost new.

Still getting used to the large size and so on. I primarily drive an Elantra so the width/length are not too hard to get used to.

Thank you community for helping me choose a very good car.

Have driven only 350 kms and still in process of migrating the insurance,etc so cannot do a comprehensive review. I like mostly everything about vehicle and mileage is low but coming from Jazz AT it is not much different lol where I get about 9 for city usage!

Last edited by manson : 11th September 2020 at 15:25. Reason: Merged posts.
Senjudar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 17:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senjudar View Post
Go for the Endeavour , one with extended warranty or the one where you can extend it.

At around the same cost its a no brainer , Endeavour is not even something that should be talked about in same conversation for any car that is less than <25L new .

The FORD ENDEAVOUR 3.2 titanium 4x4 Car was in Mint condition with extended warranty and full 1 year insurance / perfect service history so I paid a fair price of 24L and I feel like car is almost new.
24 lakhs is a good deal. I guess its a 2017 model. The 3.2L 4x4AT Titanium is in great demand in the used market. Since the Endeavour has extended warranty and relatively new, most of the previous owners would service it at the a Ford service station, unless something weird has cropped up. Nevertheless its important to check the service history, which I think you have clearly done.
You can keep extending your warranty upto 1 lakhs kilometres, every year for 5/6 yrs.
I guess you have gone through the main thread on the Endeavour which is a good wealth of knowledge.
Congratulations on the great buy. Enjoy your SUV.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 19:43   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
24 lakhs is a good deal.
=====
Congratulations on the great buy. Enjoy your SUV.
Thanks for your wishes, Yeah completely serviced at the only ford service center in Madurai and there is no reason for the previous owner to do otherwise as he had warranty and free services,etc.

Its 2017 august model and yeah the main thread I did read a lot and have been eyeing this car since its launch!.
Old 17th October 2020, 09:03   #42
BHPian

Can anyone lead me to a used Endeavour 3.2 4wd ? I’m interested.

Regards
Tulok
Tulok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:41   #43
BHPian

My pre owned Ford Endeavour has just clocked 1lakh kms and feels as good as new. I bought my Ford two years ago with 50k on the odo and till date the car always manages to bring a smile. Personally I feel this car feels a segment above.

Ford deserves appreciation on bringing service costs drastically down. It's is on par with my altis which i think is fantastic. ��

Wipers cost about 650inr per peice and brake pads about 5500inr. Total 1L service cost was about 19k. Regular service cost is about 7-9k. Tyres I expect to last around 70000kms , Fe is about 9ish and can comfortably maintain 120kmph all day.

A drivers delight with a lot of them available for less than 25lakhs. Definitely should go for it.

Just a couple of days back I had water dripping inside cabin which got to me since I have never had any complaints so far. Looks like it is a common problem if the drain holes around the sun roof get clogged in Ford. Was resolved in my scheduled service without much hassle.
commander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 11:45   #44
BHPian

I've been following this thread for sometime and need some advice from the experts here. I am planning to buy an used car for my long road trips and occasional soft off road drive, mostly because I need to visit hilly areas, remote villages, so steep rise, broken or mud roads kind of driving.

My budget is below 10 lacs. Doing some research, I've found Ford Endeavors 4x4, both AMT and manual, 2012-14, with less than 100K running available to 6-9 lacks in Delhi/NCR (although not sure if those are 3 L or 2 L ones). Alternatively there are some Safari Storme VX, both 4x4 and 4x2, 2013-2018, less than 100K running available for 4-7 lacks.

My plan is to buy the vehicle in around 6 lacs and then spend around 2-3 lacs on overhaul and mods. The tentative list is

1. Change/overhaul suspension, clutch, timer belt, pumps and breaks
2. Add a snorkel and KN filter
3. Engine Remapping
4. Change upholstery, battery and tires
5. Add touch display unit, camera (preferably 360 degree) and new ICE

I need advice, whether it will be worthwhile to go for a Safari Storme or Ford Endeavor? If I go for Storme, total spending will be less, so I will be left with some buffer fund for future exigencies. Also I guess, it is easy to repair a Storme in remote areas. On the other hand, Ford got more space and seems more robustly build.

Any advice shall be much appreciated.
Old 15th January 2021, 00:30   #45
BHPian

Voted 'Yes' and I'm already searching, landed on this thread !

Missed out on getting a Ford Endeavour 3.2L five years ago. The current 2.0L sport doesn't impress me. The BS6 norms also wouldn't let the upgraded bi-turbo 2.0L version launch in India ! Probably it would never be launched. What a mess.

I'm now on search for a pre worshipped/last stocks of Endeavour 3.2 L 2019 model. Please do PM me if you have a source. To start with my search, I was planning on calling all the Ford dealers in Bangalore/Hyderabad to check on any such available 3.2L in their stocks. If any of you have done this exercise already, please do share your views.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Thanks GTO for starting this thread !

Last edited by Sheel : 18th July 2021 at 07:41. Reason: Endy = Endeavour. Please type in full without any acronyms. Thanks.
niruvrs9669 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks