Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2020, 14:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo M6+ trim could cost Rs. 13.49 lakh

According to a media report, Mahindra is gearing up to launch the Marazzo with a BS6-compliant diesel engine. The MPV will be offered in three variants - M2, M4+ and M6+. The top-spec variant could be priced at Rs. 13.49 lakh (ex-showroom).

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo M6+ trim could cost Rs. 13.49 lakh-2018mahindramarazzo06.jpg

The report states that features such as power windows, central locking, USB charging port for rear passengers and roof-mounted rear AC vents will be standard on the base M2 variant.

The M4+ variant will get an adjustable driver's seat, USB and Aux-in port for rear passengers, rear wiper, washer and defogger, electrically adjustable ORVMs, 16-inch alloy wheels and a 4.2-inch infotainment head-unit with Bluetooth and voice messaging.

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo M6+ trim could cost Rs. 13.49 lakh-2018mahindramarazzo07.jpg

The M6+ variant will get additional features such as projector headlamps with cornering lamps, front and rear fog lamps, adjustable lumbar support for front seats, 17-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, rear parking camera, a conversation mirror and a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit with navigation.

The top-spec variant misses out on some features that were previously offered on the M8 variant, which has now been discontinued. These include leatherette upholstery, cooled glove box, cruise control and power folding ORVMs.

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo M6+ trim could cost Rs. 13.49 lakh-2018mahindramarazzo01.jpg

The Marazzo will be powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 121 BHP and 300 Nm. The engine will be paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Mahindra is also working on a 1.5-litre mStallion turbo petrol engine that will be offered in the Marazzo in the future. This engine produces 161 BHP and 280 Nm. It will be paired with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission. A 6-speed AMT is also said to be in the works which could be offered with the diesel engine.

BS6 Mahindra Marazzo M6+ trim could cost Rs. 13.49 lakh-2018mahindramarazzo44.jpg

Besides the Marazzo BS6, Mahindra is gearing up to launch the next generation Thar in the Indian market. It will be unveiled on August 15, 2020.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 11th August 2020 at 14:05.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 14:14   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BS6 Mahindra Marazzo M6+ trim could cost Rs. 13.49 lakh

Wasn't the top trim previous top trim M8? So as part of the BSVI readiness, a trim leve has been reduced. Not bad. For an MPV, having too much spread in trims doesn't do any good. Buyers are pretty much focused on just 2 purposes. Taxi OR family. They should have done something about the steering though. Its oddly large for the rest of the proportions & looks a bit too dated.

The price if true is not bad for a large comfortable MPV that also looks very good! (And it might also have something to do with the sudden price "correction" of the XUV3OO!)
I really hope this car finds success. It deserves it. Our market needs safe, comfortable people movers/family vans that are cheaper to own than the Innova. Burns my heart to see that such a neatly designed, packageed car doesn't find takers while the Innova keeps raining. Success of the Marazzo can rekindle this segment for the good.

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th August 2020 at 14:17.
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 14:39   #3
BHPian

A news piece in ZigWheels states that the BS6-compliant Marazzo will be priced from Rs 11.01 lakh while the top-spec variant costs Rs 13.59 lakh (ex-showroom Coimbatore). The variant wise pricing as well as the detailed variant lineup has also been covered.

Link
Aniruthan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 14:57   #4
BHPian

The pricing seems to be fairly reasonable for what is certainly a very comfortable, refined and safe vehicle. I was actually surprised by the lukewarm response of the market to the Marazzo. It is a very competent vehicle and occupies a sort of niche, being more premium than the Ertiga/XL6 and less so than the much-more expensive Crysta.

Looking at the response that the Carnival Limousine is being able to generate, I wonder if there is actually a market for a lounge-style four-seater based on a vehicle like the Marazzo, with independent reclining seats replacing the rear rows.

Marazzo would be a great starting point - refined engine, big on space and affordable platform. Price it at about 15L or so and it could be a good alternative for those looking for a great chauffeur driven vehicle who at present have to settle with a C-SUV or a C2 sedan.
Batfreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 15:41   #5
BHPian

Looking at the July car sales it is evident that Marazzo sales has not picked up yet although Crysta and XL6 / Ertiga has picked up well post lockdown which are segment higher and lower than Marazzo.

While the Crysta has high proportion of yellow plate sales but I doubt if the Ertiga / XL6 has that much proportion of Taxi segment sales. So definitely family buyers are investing in MPVs and are not coming to Mahindra for few reasons most likely

1. M&M have targeted Marazzo for the entry level MPV segment buyers to upgrade from Maruti or similar segment offerings, but this customer base do not seem to have a brand trust in M&M which must be dealt with, may be offer lucrative warranty or buy backs like some other brands have done or even more competitive pricing. They should look at the Hyundai story, came with an entry level Santro that appealed to masses and built the brand trust among common people before aiming higher.

2. M&M's too much cannibalization for commercial / cab models with Bolero and Scorpio, makes it considered less as a status symbol for high valued purchases, people do not want to buy a cab branded model for personal use although cabs may end up being more reliable and sturdy, its all about mindset. I would be less surprised if non-commercial customers go for MG Hecter 7 seater over Marazzo in near future.

3. Not having a petrol engine, I am sure majority of family purchases are petrol based in this segment and it is what Maruti have done right. Link with this the BS6 delay when others have been offering BS6 since last year.

Last edited by haisaikat : 11th August 2020 at 15:47.
Old 11th August 2020, 15:55   #6
BANNED

I hope Mahindra gives a proper Torque Converter Auto box in the BS6 update.
Old 11th August 2020, 16:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Why not look at 6 airbags , ESP and perhaps a 6 speed AT for a top variant for about 19-20 lacs ? I am sure a lot of the Innova buyers will take a serious look in that case. Why are our manufacturers (beginning with Maruti) being so shy of giving more safety features as standard is just beyond me.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 17:01   #8
BHPian

Was in the market for a people mover in 12-16 lakhs. Really liked what the Marazzo had to offer but there was no automatic. I wish they get a proper automatic.
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 17:10   #9
BHPian

I really want this car to succeed. It is a really good product and at a very attractive price. Unfortunately, the competition is all C_SUV, which is in fashion right now. We took extensive Test drive of the Marazzo and really loved it. The omission of M8 variant is a negative. They should have removed the base variant instead. Mahindra cars are generally known for good features except the Marazzo, which misses out on Sunroof, Ventilated seats, etc

I hope they introduce a proper TC gearbox instead of the AMT. At such a price, only TC makes sense.
DieselAnna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 20:06   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I love this car right here. But already lots of Marazzo owners (especially the lower spec, with 15" wheels) have complained of low ground clearance under a full load. Maybe it is the longer wheelbase, or a combination of that with a soft suspension - but nonetheless, it seems to sag belly-wise.

That would stop me from buying this beauty in the future. I might prefer a brute TUV 300 Plus (if it comes with forward facing 3rd row seats) since it will never sag under a full load. Passenger comfort be damned, I will never be at peace with a car which kisses mother earth!
locusjag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 22:53   #11
BHPian

Had driven the Marazzo last December for 350 kms in a day. It was a rental and had clocked ~28K kms on the odo.

I found the interiors to have fared surprisingly well for a Mahindra - no squeaky plastics, no rattling noises nothing. As far as ride comfort goes my family found it to be a superb proposition with acres of space and a plush ride. My travelling companions (Five adults including 2 senior citizens and 2 kids) had absolutely nothing to complain about. However, I could not believe how uncomfortable it ended up for me as the driver. Ergonomically speaking, the major pain points were-

1. The mile-long clutch travel combined with a high resting position
2. Too wide gap between the A and B pedals .
3. The the driver side door armrest was too far off for me to rest my elbow.

At the end of the day I came out with two sore knees and one sore shoulder.

I think the absolute need of the hour to keep this otherwise excellent car ( yes I say car.. Because it felt like one in every other aspect) relevant for the target audiences is an AT. Do something about it fast Mahindra!!

Last edited by Romeo_Mike : 11th August 2020 at 23:20.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 07:24   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A lovely MPV . Anyone buying in this segment should drive the Marazzo - they'll be pleasantly surprised with its capabilities & on-road behaviour.

Mahindra shouldn't have missed the BS6 deadline in the first place. And yes, it does desperately need an AT gearbox, although it won't make much of a sales difference if they launch the AT now - related thread (Why it's important to offer the right engines + AT gearboxes + variants at the time of launch).
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 08:41   #13
BHPian

On a side note, came across an old video of probably the launch of Marazzo and it was about how to pronounce the right way. Surprisingly, Mr. Anand Mahindra is very good at mimicry

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 12th August 2020 at 08:43.
Thermodynamics is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 09:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

The price if true is not bad for a large comfortable MPV that also looks very good! (And it might also have something to do with the sudden price "correction" of the XUV3OO!)
I really hope this car finds success. It deserves it. Our market needs safe, comfortable people movers/family vans that are cheaper to own than the Innova. Burns my heart to see that such a neatly designed, packageed car doesn't find takers while the Innova keeps raining. Success of the Marazzo can rekindle this segment for the good.
Totally agree with you but Mahindra should have given good AT (not AMT) in this vehicle. AT would have certainly made this vehicle a good success in this price bracket which should be 20% below the Hexa's pricing. Mahindra should even consider launching this AT variant urgently as in the absence of Hexa there is nothing below Innova which can be called a proper family MPV with Diesel AT.
Old 12th August 2020, 09:57   #15
BHPian

With the advent of iMT in Venue and Sonet at a slight premium over manual, it's time to put to sleep AMT. The iMT offers all the benefits of Auto and Manual transmission without the head nod. Why can't Mahindra develop and offer iMT in such a good vehicle?

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 12th August 2020 at 09:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks