Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2020, 12:46   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_kumar View Post
34 mm is not at all negligibly small.
What? 34mm is 3.4 cms or 1.3 inches. The front bumper looks slightly longer than the outgoing model. That's where it comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Cosmetic update for us and a completely new Jazz for the international market? Why doesn't Honda bring new Jazz to India?

Source: Europian Honda website
That's why.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-hondajazz2020.jpg  

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 28th August 2020 at 12:51.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 13:35   #167
BHPian

I appreciate Honda for trying their bit to stay relevant in the B segment, which has become lot more competitive and diluted(read Gi10 nios). Jazz is such a well engineered car and not so long ago it was obvious first choice in the segment.

Sadly Honda’s over enthusiastic pricing might continue to overshadow a fine premium hatchback .
Old 28th August 2020, 22:13   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
What? 34mm is 3.4 cms or 1.3 inches. The front bumper looks slightly longer than the outgoing model. That's where it comes from.
Thanks, it was my guess too. And, 34mm is not really a negligible number in the context of automotive design. Even, 10-20 mm change of wheelbase, knee room, shoulder room etc. matters a lot.
Old 28th August 2020, 23:12   #169

I have a 2011 model of the Jazz and it has sailed with me headstrong in the tides of Mumbai monsoons! I can write stories upon stories on this topic, but maybe some other time. Thats a big compliment and any Mumbaikar will agree with that.
The thing about my 2011 Jazz is that it has a really energetic engine that is also definitely reliable, and the gearshifts are snappy and not boring at all.
But the one factor that is totally worth keeping on top & my primary reason to hold on to this car for over 9 years now has to do with the massive advantage that I’ve had experienced with the master stroke of a feature- the magic seats. I still remember how at the time of the purchase, this feature felt such an underdog to me. And how I was in awe of the Polo but so disappointed by the difference the Indian version carried in comparison to the then European version of the Polo that completely blew me away. So Jazz was never a first choice for me, but never did I regret as I eventually discovered that I’d made the right choice!
Anyway, coming back to Jazz- the Magic Seats is undoubtedly the best thing ever in this small hatch. Even in its current gen, I would have easily pardoned the other flaws with this car and recommended it to my friends had Honda not let the magic seats rot and die a painful death. I don’t know why- but I feel like saying to Honda guys or rather shout in their ears- “Get well soon!”
JUST by the way, I noticed the steering column of this one and its absolutely rubbish! Looks like a bloated baniya! Why not put a steering column thats a little Jazzy Honda, why? Damnit.. So disappointed.
MBA911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 10:33   #170
BHPian

Another observation - the ARAI fuel economy figures of the facelift seem significantly lower than the 2018 Jazz. For the 2018 Jazz, the company claimed FE was 18.7kmpl for the MT and 19kmpl for the CVT. Now the figures have been listed as 16.6kmpl for MT and 17.1kmpl for CVT.

What could be the reason behind this? Has the method for measuring and certifying FE changed? I hope Honda has done something to tune the engine for better low end torque at the small cost of the FE drop we are seeing.
Old 29th August 2020, 14:19   #171
BHPian

Quote:

That's why.
Ah. Good point. Does this mean this model will never come to India?
Old 29th August 2020, 17:36   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
Ah. Good point. Does this mean this model will never come to India?
No. The current Jazz will be around for a few years. Too expensive to localise it for most developing market they say.
Old 31st August 2020, 10:50   #173
BHPian

Quote:
No. The current Jazz will be around for a few years. Too expensive to localise it for most developing market they say.

Ok. The new jazz launched worldwide is over 4 mtrs in length so that's why I thought it won't be launched here.
Old 31st August 2020, 11:08   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. The new jazz launched worldwide is over 4 mtrs in length so that's why I thought it won't be launched here.
The length is probably due to bumpers, nothing more. Even the previous generation Fit/Jazz is over 4m in length in the developed markets - but has the same wheelbase. Eg, Canada Honda's Fit page lists length as ~4100mm - https://www.honda.ca/fit/specs

So clearly they can shave off the extra 44mm from the new Jazz to comply with sub-4m rule. I guess it's just that, they don't want to. It'd cost a lot to localise its production and the Jazz doesn't sell well enough for them to justify it. I think Honda would be looking to make more models like the very successful Amaze with focus on local markets of the developing countries. What a shame that would be, though. These global products are far superior.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 12:21   #175
BHPian

For anyone from Honda's sales or marketing team reading this. I have a Civic 08. I was planning to buy the new Jazz 2020 for city commutes. But seeing that the latest model of Jazz which is available worldwide would not be launching in India, I'm dropping the plan to invest in Honda again.
Ashutosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 13:53   #176
BHPian

I have a question. After reading all the comments about Honda removing the magic seats from the Jazz(including mine that I bought in July 2019), could one buy them and have them installed?
Sorry if it's a stupid question but was just wondering. I'm sure Honda would have the seats in stock.
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 14:51   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question. After reading all the comments about Honda removing the magic seats from the Jazz(including mine that I bought in July 2019), could one buy them and have them installed?
Sorry if it's a stupid question but was just wondering. I'm sure Honda would have the seats in stock.
Honda only allows ordering the parts for the car with VIN matching. Meaning, if your car did not have magic seats, you cannot order the part number of magic seats (which is definitely different from normal seats) using your car's VIN.
After market may be the only route (boodmo, totalled cars etc)

Dimension wise, there shouldn't be any problems.

Last edited by blackasta : 31st August 2020 at 14:53.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 22:13   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
I see a booking in my family.
Cross posting from the Jazz official review page.

Booked a new Jazz ZX CVT Golden Brown for my Father In Law and asked to deliver it on Oct 6th. Car just arrived to the dealer yard and we have asked the SA for PDI. OTR @Chennai came to 11.12 Lakhs. Didn't opt for the extended warranty.

The following cars were TD'ed on the same day before zeroing on the new Jazz. Started at 10 AM and ended it at 8 PM.

Requirement - Automatic car, seat height adjustment for better view and it has to be petrol as the driving is going to be ~ 10 Kms a day and some occasional long drives. His current 2008 Model Honda City has covered ~45K Kms and the new one is also going to have a low running.

1. Nexon XZA - Loved the car and it was shortlisted. AMT lost to CVT.
2. Venue DCT - The overall look and feel of the car was not impressive. May be because we saw it immediately after TD'ing the Nexon. Took a TD since SA insisted. It never inspired us. Specially the dashboard design was very poor and we felt like its going to fall on us. Drive was impressive though.
3. Verna - Didn't go near it. Never felt to touch and feel it. Looks felt already outdated.
4. WRV - Wonderful car but not having an automatic was a big let down. But still shortlisted it if the option changes to Manual tranny.
5. City ZX CVT - FIL was at home. Owning a Honda City 2008 model, he was pretty much comfortable and was almost booked.
6. Jazz ZX CVT was the last one and having a Jazz already at home was confidence inspiring. It had everything he wanted.

Heart said City and the Mind said Jazz. Finally, Mind prevailed over heart and Jazz has been booked taking the price and the overall running into consideration.

Last edited by saisree : 22nd September 2020 at 22:18.
saisree is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 21:27   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a new Jazz ZX CVT Golden Brown for my Father In Law and asked to deliver it on Oct 6th.
So the new Jazz is brought to home on Oct 6th. ZX CVT variant. Had a chance to take it for a longer drive to Chittoor - AP from Chennai and here are my FIL's observations in his words

1. After driving Honda City for 12 years, felt at home in Jazz.
2. Ergonomics are spot on. Those hugging Seats are wonderful. to the contours.
3. I started liking the CVT. There is this rubber band effect, but not as pronounced as the reviewers in YouTube channels quoted. I guess it all drills down to ones driving skills. And those Paddle Shifters are a boon.
4. Got a mileage of 20.2 KMPL
5. Space and the airy feel makes the drive more pleasure. No tiredness felt.
6. Engine is super silent.
7. Digipad is good and the bluetooth telephony quality is good. Crisp and clear.
8. LED headlamps are good and it has a decent throw and illumination.

Overall- ThumbsUp for the Jazz.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz BS6, now launched at Rs. 7.5 lakhs-image0.png  

Last edited by saisree : 12th October 2020 at 21:28.
saisree is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 15:26   #180
BHPian

Quote:
So the new Jazz is brought to home on Oct 6th. ZX CVT variant. Had a chance to take it for a longer drive to Chittoor - AP from Chennai and here are my FIL's observations in his words

1. After driving Honda City for 12 years, felt at home in Jazz.
2. Ergonomics are spot on. Those hugging Seats are wonderful. to the contours.
3. I started liking the CVT. There is this rubber band effect, but not as pronounced as the reviewers in YouTube channels quoted. I guess it all drills down to ones driving skills. And those Paddle Shifters are a boon.
4. Got a mileage of 20.2 KMPL
5. Space and the airy feel makes the drive more pleasure. No tiredness felt.
6. Engine is super silent.
7. Digipad is good and the bluetooth telephony quality is good. Crisp and clear.
8. LED headlamps are good and it has a decent throw and illumination.

Overall- ThumbsUp for the Jazz.
I have been tasked with guiding my aunt and uncle for their new car acquisition.

Requirements : Petrol Automatic.
Average monthly usage : 300-500kms max (mostly urban). Budget - 12lacs OTR. Based in Nasik.

My aunt has recently started her refresher driving lessons after several years of sabbatical. My uncle has never driven, nor does he intend to in the future. Their daughter is severely autistic and needs assistance during ingress/egress.

The Honda Jazz facelift ZX/CVT has been my top recommendation to them since the beginning. It will serve them well for years without any hassle, considering they are quite inexperienced in car ownership. Rushab Honda (Nasik) have given a quotation of INR 12,22,151 OTR. This includes the 'Essential Accessories' of INR 29,990.
Unfortunately, I haven't been available to participate in their test drives of all other options.

Since my aunt is a new driver, I have tried to explain to them, that the i20's IMT isin't really an automatic, but a clutchless manual where you have to still change the gears manually. The Jazz's CVT is so much convinient for my aunt, whereas the IMT is fine for folks who have been driving proper manuals for awhile. Performance is neither their need, nor a priority.

They can't seem to understand this difference and have been swooned over by the i20's feature list (especially rear AC vents, bigger and better functional ICE, rear arm rest etc). Rear AC vents is one of their top priorities, as they want a strong and quickly cooling AC in their new car. I am afraid the Jazz is woefully inadequete in this aspect.

The i20 under their consideration is the Asta (non Turbo) IVT and they have been given a quotation of INR 11,86,000 OTR (this includes discount of 20K). The i20's proper Auto (DCT) 2nd top variant is simply beyond their budget.

We test drove the Dzire ZXi + AGS (AMT) and it seems to meet all their requirements. The quotation is INR 10,40,000. However, the SA stated that the delivery timeframe for the ZXi+ was very long (3 months and beyond), as they mostly sell the 2nd top variant and the top variant is now made to order only. My relatives are unwilling to wait that long.

Since the prospective buyers are not bothered about the sunroof on the new Honda Jazz ZX CVT, I still believe that the top end variant's factory fitted LED headlight set up is essential for long term safety, as far as visibility is concerned when compared to the halogens.

Kindly advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks