Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 22:03   #151
BHPian

Re: What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP!!!! View Post
Now just need bank balance of 1 crore.
Don't call it a Bank Balance ... Call it a Spare Balance if you would
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 22:48   #152
BHPian

My ideal garage at 1cr,
1. Isuzu VCross.
2. Tata Nano - Hope Tata comes up with EV version and a decent range of 300 kms on full charge.
3. Toyota Innova / Kia Carnival for family trips.

Additionally would love to add two wheelers in garage,
1. Honda Activa or similar scooter.
2. Motorbike:
Hero XPulse 200
Honda Africa Twin

Now will be left with enough moolahs for VCross mods

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 00:36. Reason: Deleted extra blank rows.
Old 24th May 2021, 12:40   #153
BHPian

Bringing this thread back to life.

1 crore rupees is a lot of money. I am a young student (still in school) so the car scene will be very different when I start working and even more different if I will be rich enough to buy cars worth this amount, and by then a crore will be worth much less than it is worth today because of inflation, but will still be a significant amount of money. I will create two garages one will be my dream and one the ideal garage.

Dream Garage:
1) Used M6 Gran Coupe F06 - 75 lakh rupees, there was a black car with a white interior for sale at BigBoyToyz recently.
2) Used BMW 328 F30 - 16 lakh rupees is what the going rate for these cars are.
3) Upcoming Tata Altroz EV if it is in the budget of 9 lakh, or a TATA Altroz Top End.

This way I would have a super fast, amazing looking beast, a fast daily driver sedan, and a safe and practical hatch back.

Ideal Garage:
The dream garage would be very high maintenance as there is a 5-6 year old 3 series and an M car with a V8, so most likely it would not be practical to run.

1) 2 Year Old Used 530D - 45 lakh
2) Used Skoda Octavia vRS 230 - 20 lakh
3) Brand New TATA Safari - 22 lakh
4) Brand New Kia Sonet GT - 13 lakh
Old 26th June 2021, 23:25   #154
BHPian

A 2014 white BMW 530d for 40L (factoring in 5-15L for double slat grills, a black roof wrap, cf mirror cover, front lips, side-skirts, diffuser, remap and white leather seat covers)

A used skoda superb, in business grey metallic for 22L

And a brand new Tata Nexon in metallic green-blue as the beater. 16L

For the remaining 22L, I'd get a Polo GT TSI in the metallic red and slap on some mods for 2L (to cheat a bit from the 3 car rule). The rest 10L, I'd blow them on the 2021 giant tcr in blue with ultegra di2 (6k usd). And then better cycling shoes, helmet and a full cycling wardrobe for almost 80k or so. The remaining 4-5 lac could be spent on a used mid-spec Trek Supercaliber with carbon wheels and mtb shoes+pedals and helmet.

Now only if I could find laxmi chit fund.

What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?-1cr.png
Old 27th June 2021, 12:13   #155
BHPian

My ideal 1Cr garage would have

1. 530 D: For the long trips and the smile factor
2. A used old gen Thar: For being the abused workhorse
3. Used brio: For daily city use

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 00:37. Reason: Typos.
Old 27th June 2021, 16:48   #156

My Dream 3 Car Garage will include the following cars:
1. Mercedes-Benz E220 D Expression(for my parents to cruise around town, luxuriously)
2. Toyota Fortuner Base variant(STRICTLY FOR OFF-ROADING)
3. Used Mercedes-Benz W124 Wagon(Just for me)

I would have had my Indica as the third car, but since it does not exist anymore, I can't add it now.
Old 12th August 2021, 07:38   #157

This thread actually got me thinking. We have 5 cars in the family, A trusty Maruti 800, Ikon 1.3, Figo 1.5 Sport (My favorite), Ignis 1.2, and the Innova.

Didn't sell any of them for one reason or the other, and looking at them now makes me feel like they are like a family of their own

However, apart from the Innova that can take the entire family on a trip all the others more or less serve the same purpose. So, if I had a 1 crore budget I would really like more diversity in my vehicles.

First up: Alturas G4 4WD AT ~36L (Probably even less with discounts), fairly comfortable, VFM full-size SUV, 5+2 seats, perfect for long trips that require some offroading on the way.

Second: 330i sport ~50, enough said!

Third: Kiger turbo CVT ~10, a sub-4-meter car with decent ground clearance makes life so much easier in the city and a CVT is icing on the cake. I would have bought this instead of the Ignis had they launched this a bit earlier.

And I still have at least ~4 left for fuel and travel expenses to properly enjoy them
Old 13th August 2021, 18:48   #158
BHPian

Being the infantile pillock that I am, my choices are irresponsible and by no means sustainable. But a man can dream haha!

1.) A used 981 Boxter S (roughly 65L - in GT Silver please!)
2.) An old Fiat Padmini (or a 1100d) as a daily driver (roughly 4-5L)
3.) A used Octavia for the long trips lined with the remaining 10L in its boot for any incidentals on the Porsche haha!
ParthVyas777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 13:15   #159

Reviving the thread with my ideal three car garage.
I'm still a student, if and when I do have this kind of money to spend on cars, my family's needs would also have to be considered.

Kia Carnival (Limousine Plus Variant) - Good value for money, half the price of a Vellfire but looks like it's elder brother. Great for chauffeuring my mom and/or my family in the city. Great road trip car too, 200 horses to help the family cruise on the highway during road trips.

What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?-kia-carnival.jpg

Used Toyota Camry - Daily driver. I love sedans, I love Toyota. Ticks all the boxes for me for a daily driver. I've found multiple used Camrys in great condition with prices ranging between 20 and 30L.

What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?-camry.jpg

The weekend car - After the Carnival and the Camry, I'm left with ~35L for the fun car. Obviously this is too low a budget for a new sports/supercar. However, I could buy a used Mini Cooper Convertible or a used BMW Z4. My requirements for the weekend car are that it should either be a convertible (show off ) or it should be really fast and loud. The Z4 and Mini Cooper are the only ones that fit the budget and my requirements. Only other way of owning a sportscar could be co-owning the car with a friend. That way we would have double the budget.

If there is any imaginary money left, it'll go towards maintenance of the weekend car. If there is still any imaginary money left, I'll get a Honda CB350 (Matte Marshal Green). I don't enjoy bikes, the only bike I would ever consider would be the CB350 (and it HAS to be green)

What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?-cb350.jpg

Everything is set. I just need the money now.
dawnthegreat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 16:22   #160
BHPian

Interesting thread. I will stay away from expensive European vehicles as the annual insurance will cost a bomb, and not to forget maintenance. My ideal 3 car garage would be as follows:-

1. Honda City - A sedan is a must for daily drive.
2. Isuzu V Cross - For the bad boy in me.
3. Toyota Innova - Let's face it, all Indian families need an airport pickup/drop chauffeur driven vehicle which can hold lots of luggage.

I am going to cheat and add a 4th car to my list as well.

4. Suzuki Swift - Let's face it, Bangalore roads are narrow. When you go to the local super market for shopping, you need a car which can be parked on the narrow by-lanes!

So there it is - a practical list of 3 (plus 1) cars I would have in my garage.

PS: The City and Innova are already there!

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 10th December 2023, 22:46   #161

Well, I would rather have three different cars in three different body types, as mentioned below:

Toyota Camry Hybrid
4.4 million rupees on-road.

Reasons why:
- 2500cc engine with 175bhp of power and above 200nm of torque. Extremely powerful.
- Hybrid makes fuel problems obsolete.
- The Toyota badge is a marker of sheer reliability.
- A true blue D-segment sedan in this day and age where the Civic, Superb and other competitors are already discontinued.

What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?-images-7.jpeg
Just look at her in Burning Black

Toyota Innova Hycross ZX (O) Hybrid
3.6 million rupees OTR

Reasons why
- Competent seven-seater MPV. Can function as both a beater while still being relatively fun to drive.
- Once again, hybrid takes away the headache of fuel prices we deal with in the modern day.
- Same 172bhp as the Camry makes it powerful.
- And tell me, who doesn't like a white Innova?

What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?-kp4n932o8gsa1.jpg

Hyundai i20 N Line N8 1.0 Turbo DCT
1.5 million rupees OTR

Reasons why
- The only "hot hatch" left in the Indian market. For the sheer appeal of its design, snubbed my dream Virtus for this one.
- The turbocharged 118hp engine is supposed to be peppy.
- With a claimed mileage of 20.8kmpl can function as a small car for small errands, et al without the need to pull out the large Innova
- Amount of modern features and styling makes it likeable to the non car enthusiasts in the family too
- Born in Namjing, Raised in the Nurbrugring Racing DNA flows through the car

As you can see, I have NO luxury marques, big bad Germans. I have decided to add all the top-end models here. Driving pleasure, convenience as well as safety is taken into account. A very "Asian" three-car garage. While it lacks in badge strength which the Fortuner or German marques would have provided, it makes up in reliability.
Old 11th December 2023, 10:35   #162
BHPian

For me it would be the following:

1. Skoda Octavia or Superb: Gun sporty sedans with all creature comforts. Basically an Audi with a bargain

2. Mahindra Thar: For satisfying the adrenaline/travel junkie for remote no one can go type of places

3. Skoda Kodiaq: Comfort people mover with loads of space and for the family trips. Tremendous presence, great highway manners, AWD and again an Audi with a bargain

Can throw in a Super Meteor 650 with the left over cash for the morning weekend drive in sunny weather:-)

As a disclaimer I already own 1 & 2 and planning to add the new gen Kodiaq as and when it arrives on Indian shores next year.
the pony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 08:17   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Mahindra Thar Diesel AT (20 lakhs)
2. Innova HyCross ZX(O) (40 lakhs)
3. Slightly used (2019 or 2020) G20 BMW 330i MSport (40 lakhs)

The first gives you the all-season, go anywhere capability and the ultimate Jeep feeling. Also lets you do those off-road excursions once in a while or join one of the Mahindra Adventure events occasionally, which are huge fun. If you live in a city like Chennai, comes in handy for those flood resuce operations most Decembers

The second is the daily family run-about and the companion for full-family long distance vacation trips. Also the school ferry when your kids' friends join them on a ride back from school. Can pile up mileage without piling up fuel costs. Also, the one to turn to when third has to go to the garage for various sensor error messages and wiring rat bites.

The third one is your solo driving machine for office, or when you want to go on a fast drive over a weekend, carve corners or just enjoy excellent automotive engineering.

Note that I have not included any full EVs here. Just don't think the market or the products are mature enough to offer a reliable long term value proposition. The products available are all highly overpriced relative to the content. This may change when Mahindra introduces the born EV platform -. I am pretty confident they will reset the price to value equation offering a full sized 80KWHr EV at a cost comparable to the ICE equivalent.

If the budget had been 1.5 crores, would just swap #3 (slightly used 330i) with a brand new M340i.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 12th December 2023 at 08:28.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 19:29   #164
th2
BHPian

Tiguan - long distance road trips, AWD for the mild dirt patches.
Ioniq5 - for the EV performance thrill.
Jimny AT / MG Comet - for city use. Jimny if enough funds leftover, else the Comet.
Old 15th December 2023, 13:03   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Aah!!! Another wishlist thread!!!

Assuming
Brand new three car garage - Cause used cars is just another world in choice!!!
Brand new three car garage - To be frank, would have been easier to choose a two car garage. Aah, greedy...
Brand new three car garage - Would have tried sneaking a Fatboy in the list.

1. JCW Mini 3 door
2. Toyota Fortuner MT 4x4
3. Tata Nexon EV
Again, not my dream garage. Just an ideal one...And finally. If I had 1 crores for a garage.....Only one brand new model for daily usage. Under 20 lakhs....Rest all would be used cars, with atleast one restored import classic.
Three years have passed and I guess it is an excuse for a new post.

But car prices are higher than ever before, with even an Alto not looking VFM. So a little bit of cheating, where I am using the ex-showroom price instead of the OTR price to squeeze under 1 crore.

Maruti Jimny- Manual Zeta. Fluctuating between the look at me Yellow or I don't exist Bluish Black. City car, personal car, project car, run-about. Name it.

What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?-ecosport-rules-jimny.jpg
ecosport rules's Jimny

Toyota Innova Crysta- GX. The complete family car. A short family trip to the movie theatre or a cross country trip. All game. A blank canvas for any modifications you may want to do. Strong underpinnings. Unassuming nature that will blend into any settings, whether rural most areas or the poshest urban settings.

What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?-haisakat-innova.jpg
haisakat's Innova Crysta

BMW M340i- Indulgent garage queen. Proportionate sedan with proper dash to axle ratio. Sub 5 secs for 0-100, yet can be used for normal driving. The Inline 6 engine. Not too conspicuous, can pass off for a normal 3 series to the untrained eyes.

What is your ideal three car garage under ₹1,00,00,000 (1 Crore)?-krishnadevjs-m340i.jpeg
krishnadevjs's M340i
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks