Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2020, 19:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Now get your Ford car serviced at your doorstep

Ford customers can now get their vehicles serviced at their doorstep at no additional cost.

Now get your Ford car serviced at your doorstep-ford.jpg

As part of this initiative, Ford technicians will carry out regular maintenance and small repairs. However, major jobs will still be done at the service centre.

The service is available in 15 cities including Bhubaneshwar, Kolkata, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Lucknow, Noida, Chennai, Cochin, Trivandrum, Ahmedabad, Aurangabad and Mumbai.

To schedule a service, Ford customers can contact the nearest dealership in their respective cities from the list mentioned on this website.

The new doorstep service option has been introduced in the wake of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and aims to reduce the risk of infection for the customers.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 31st July 2020 at 19:17.
TusharK is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 19:30   #2
BHPian

Re: Now get your Ford car serviced at your doorstep

Man this is a great idea. I was slightly worried about taking my new Endeavour to the service station due to the current pandemic. This knocks off a few points of concern. A great move by ford.
rahul_jo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 19:42   #3
BHPian

Great initiative. I hope the folks in Bhuvaneshwar, Faridabad, etc avail of this and the suits at Ford feel like extending it to Pune as well. (not envious at all. Nope, not me)
Punatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 19:48   #4
BHPian

Very good initiative by Ford. A right step forward indeed. May be more cities will be added soon as my hometown Hyderabad is not listed. Never the less, a good move even Maruti or Hyundai have not thought of (as per my knowledge). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 20:14   #5
BANNED

Although a good initiative, Ford should worry about other things. Availability of spares is a major concern. My friend wanted to get his Figo 1.4’s rear suspension overhauled & I had to replace the strut mounts on my Figo. Their parts distributor in Pune- Auto Ji was not reachable. All the numbers given by the customer care were either switched off or not reachable. I visited twice(14 KMs one way).On last Saturday the watchman informed that they will open on Monday. On Monday morning, I tried calling them but again all phones off. Finally I decided to go there and found it closed again. Upon another series of discussions with Ford and informing them about a service centre being 4 kms away from my office they still couldn’t help me. Finally I was made to travel to Talera Ford which was 19KMs away, they had another dealership 10kms away from my office but they denied giving me parts. What was shocking was the talera guy telling me that as he is giving me the parts over the counter they have no warranty. So to conclude-

1. Auto Ji has always been a pain to deal with. I have had a tough time in the past too. Ford india’s claim that they have made our lives easy by appointing parts distributor is nonsense.
2. I have actually sourced certain parts for my Škoda Laura quicker than the Figo. At times small parts take a long time. The calliper pin is still not available.
3. Why rely on just one parts distributor? Even the mumbai distributor didn’t have any parts. Let the authorised service centres sell them too.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 21:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Although a good initiative, Ford should worry about other things. Availability of spares is a major concern...
Similar case with me, although in Kolkata.
Been hunting for my Figo Aspire's diesel filter for 1.5 months now. Ordered from Boodmo on 26th June, order still not dispatched. Contacted 2 distributers, quiet responsive I must add, but they don't have the part. Don't want to visit service centre now, and also not sure if they'll sell the part over the counter.

Apparently due to the lockdown in Chennai, the parts are not being delivered here.
Hopefully next month will get hold of it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st July 2020 at 23:36. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 31st July 2020, 21:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Although a good initiative, Ford should worry about other things. Availability of spares is a major concern. My friend wanted to get his Figo 1.4’s rear suspension overhauled & I had to replace the strut mounts on my Figo.
On the contrary, I got my Figo's tie rod and AC accuator replaced under warranty within 4 days last month.The parts were not available at the service center, got shipped from Chennai and reached within the estimated time. Apart from their paint job at service centres, I am quite content with their efforts, part distribution and service costs.
This new initiative is a proof that they are serious about keeping their service promises and customers happy.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 31st July 2020 at 21:56.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 06:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. View Post
Similar case with me, although in Kolkata.
Been hunting for my Figo Aspire's diesel filter for 1.5 months now. Ordered from Boodmo on 26th June, order still not dispatched. Contacted 2 distributers, quiet responsive I must add, but they don't have the part. Don't want to visit service centre now, and also not sure if they'll sell the part over the counter.

Apparently due to the lockdown in Chennai, the parts are not being delivered here.
Hopefully next month will get hold of it.
You should be able to get third party ones from Purolator, Valeo or UFI Sofima (don't touch Zip, Elofic etc).

Purolator - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-puro...0i99-53881411/
Part no 390600I99
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 09:29   #9

Good move by ford. As Mahindra and ford have joined together will Mahindra be following this soon? or are they providing this already ?
Old 1st August 2020, 11:16   #10
BHPian

This is a great move and I think they can charge an extra amount for the doorstep service as well. I will be happy to pay that , especially in the current unprecedented times.
Old 26th October 2020, 18:02   #11
BHPian

Has anyone tried this? I received a call from my dealer, Dhone Ford, Warje, Pune, yesterday, to check if I was done with the first 2,500 km on my EcoSport (bought 22nd Aug 2020). After confirming that I probably won't have done those many by the three-month mark, they informed, without my asking, that they are offering doorstep servicing as well. Plenty of details were given, including a two-day notice etc. Sounded like they have the processes in place and they are running at steady state already.

I don't intend to avail of it right now - would rather get it washed at their facility this first time, for example - but just curious. Is it a good idea, and have any Fordians, Punekar or otherwise, utilised this facility yet? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 26th October 2020, 18:08   #12
BHPian

Wow, This is great.

I stumbled upon this just now. My ecosport will be completing a year on 1st Jan. Hope they will continue the door-step service till then. As the dealer near to my home has shut shop.

I like to keep a watch on what's going on during service, door-step service is great for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks