Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2023, 17:08   #61

Re: Which Indian cars have reasonably good base variants?

The recently launched Tata Safari facelift's base variant,Smart,looks VFM. It has six airbags, child safety anchor points, automatic climate control, alloy wheels , hill hold control and rear parking sensors.
thebonedoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 08:59   #62
BHPian

Anyone has done a recent comparison on medium size hatchbacks... which ones have decent base (or plus one) variant and makes better sense than the top end in terms of VFM?

Thanks!
Old 22nd November 2023, 14:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly from what I read on this thread, nobody has spoken of the Z2 variant of the BigDaddy Mahindra ScorpioN

I got one for myself, diesel at introductory pricing. Exactly after 9 months from when bookings opened, Mahindra delivered it to me for 12.5L ex-showroom [price protected]

Here are the positives:- [In no particular order]
- Gear tutor - arrows on the console indicate when its optimum to up shit on down shift
- Start stop function, not to be confused with start stop button!
- Android stereo - I can mirror my iPhone on it and that solves all the other problems
- Commanding seating position
- Indicators on the side mirrors - most base models have them on the fenders
- Parking sensors - at the rear and they give you precise distance from objects, on the console along with adaptive beeping
- Flat bottom steering wheel
- Back-lit switches
- Steering weighs up nicely at speed, its hydraulic, did not find it too much of a bother even after putting in 500 kilometre stretches
- Seats and interiors are exactly like the top model. Some base models come with bench seats. E.g. Tata Sumo
- Same 175BHP engine, only ECU is detuned. After warranty can open up the BHP easily
- Sound deadening material on the bonnet underside
- The boot space cover is the same one you get in the top model
- Intelligent indicators - If you have your hazards on and then indicate, the indicator would override the hazards and then come back to the hazards after auto cancelling
- Upon sudden braking, the hazards come on, when the bonnet is open and engine running, the hazards come on
- Same black colour that you get in the top models
- Graphics are awesome when you start the vehicle. You can see the whole design, side view etc. Unlike the Citroen C3 Electric console
- Design, colours in the dashboard, interiors are all like the top model
Attached Thumbnails
Which Indian cars have reasonably good base variants?-img_3717.jpg  

TheARUN is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks