Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2020, 14:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford EcoSport Titanium AT variant launched at Rs. 10.67 lakh

Ford has introduced an automatic transmission in the Titanium variant of the EcoSport. It is priced at Rs. 10,66,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Ford EcoSport Titanium AT variant launched at Rs. 10.67 lakh-ecosport-representational-image.png

The EcoSport Titanium AT is powered by a BS6 compliant 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine producing 120 BHP and 149 Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission which comes with paddle shifters.

Ford EcoSport Titanium AT variant launched at Rs. 10.67 lakh-paddle-shifter-new-ecosport-titanium-.jpg

The Titanium AT variant also gets features like cruise control, engine start / stop button, touchscreen infotainment head-unit, dual airbags, traction control, electronic stability control and hill launch assist. It also comes with the FordPass smartphone app which enables users to remotely start / stop the engine or lock / unlock the vehicle.

The Titanium AT variant is positioned below the existing Titanium+ AT trim, which is priced at Rs. 11,56,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 15th July 2020 at 14:37.
TusharK is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 14:55   #2
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Titanium AT variant launched at Rs. 10.67 lakh

Thanks for sharing the news.

Took a look at the Ecosport page and the variant is listed as expected. Hard to believe that they don't have a fully loaded Automatic variant even now.

It's quite rare to see a manufacturer devalue a product (with the constant feature deletions..though I admit they have introduced the sunroof and FordPass system) and end up being one of the few manufacturer's without a top end automatic variant.
JithinR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Ford has introduced an automatic transmission in the Titanium variant of the EcoSport. It is priced at Rs. 10,66,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Attachment 2030667

The Titanium AT variant is positioned below the existing Titanium+ AT trim, which is priced at Rs. 11,56,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News
Why have they even bothered to launch this variant now when the model itself is at its last legs and also the competition has moved ahead with better products and the company's future plans do not inspire faith after the JV with Mahindra.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:18   #4
BHPian

Should have been the other way round. Ford should introduce petrol AT with Titanium S. Yes, the price would go up significantly but there will be customers, including me, who would happily pay for that beautiful looking S variant with AT gearbox.
Col Mehta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Why have they even bothered to launch this variant now when the model itself is at its last legs and also the competition has moved ahead with better products and the company's future plans do not inspire faith after the JV with Mahindra.
From your post it seems like EcoSport is an outdated, irrelevant model from a manufacturer that is leaving India. Though in reality it's quite opposite, EcoSport despite being 7 years old is a very competent car, both engine & equipment wise. Sales figures support that as well, EcoSport is selling in decent numbers even now. Ford as a company isn't leaving India, even Mahindra JV is in its initial phase.

Coming to the actual news, it's a good thing that they launched the Automatic in a more affordable variant. But they should have made Sync 3 available in the top variant, Sync 3 is only available in the top spec S variant, which isn't available with an Automatic transmission.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 15th July 2020 at 15:21.
chiranjitp is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:19   #6
BHPian

Ford should have brought this variant at launch itself. At least they brought it now, and they could have given S AT and retained the old titanium+ features without sunroof. They should have given even sync 3 and the features of the old variants back as standard for all variants except base. This could have been an opportunity to bring the 120PS/300Nm EcoBlue Diesel and a Diesel AT as well.

Now the difference between Titanium and Titanium+ is lesser as titanium gets 95% of the features as Titanium+ with tthe difference being titanium+ getting sunroof, sunglass holder and 4 extra airbags.

Ford's best sale for facelift was in 2018 because of the features and safety it had offered. If Ford brings back the features of the original facelift along with the add one for the current titanium variant, then more people would go for the EcoSport

Last edited by jithin23 : 15th July 2020 at 15:22.
jithin23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:20   #7
BHPian

So, EcoSport Titanium AT is 90K cheaper than Titanium+ AT.
Titanium+ AT - Rs. 11,56,500
Titanium AT - Rs. 10,66,500.

Main Features missing in Titanium compared to the '+' option are:
1. Side and curtain airbags
2. Sunroof
3. Rear centre arm-rest
4. Auto-wipers and Auto-headlamps
5. Sun-glass holder
6. Electrochromic IRVM
7. 60-40 rear seat split

Braking aids (EBA, ESC, TCS, HLA), Cruise control and Paddle Shifters are common for both the AT variants.

Last edited by srikanthmadhava : 15th July 2020 at 15:49. Reason: Corrected Typo
srikanthmadhava is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:23   #8
BHPian

If I remember correctly, Ford Ecosport earlier had a lower trim Trend Plus AT version. They discontinued it leaving Titanium+ as the only AT. Now, they have brought back an AT again at a lower Titanium. I am seriously unable to understand Ford's strategies.
skarthiksr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:25   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Another way to keep the market little interested till the three big bang launches in 2021. But the folks at Ford should definitely need to come up with a little better understanding of feature mix match across their range.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:45   #10
BHPian

If the had priced it less than 10 lacs it would have seen lot more sales as duty would have been less. Another missed opportunity from Ford, this is a competent vehicle with a very good AT transmission.
Old 15th July 2020, 16:29   #11
BHPian

Could anyone who owns Ecosport AT TC 3 cylinder petrol model provide details about mileage on highways. Does this car show any hiccups while overtaking on single lane highways when fully loaded ?
Old 15th July 2020, 16:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Could anyone who owns Ecosport AT TC 3 cylinder petrol model provide details about mileage on highways. Does this car show any hiccups while overtaking on single lane highways when fully loaded ?
Hi rahulskumar. I drive a 2018 ES titanium+ AT.

Well, the mileage hasn't been very good but since my running is very, very less, I can't complain. On highways, I get upto around 10kmpl with at least 3 on board, and in the city, around 8.4kmpl.

Coming to the overtaking, I have driven it on the Mum-Pune expressway with a full load and it is absolutely effortless, although I can't really comment on its abilities on single lane highways, but I doubt it'll be less than good.

Hope this helped!
sainyamk95 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 17:11   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Back in 2013-14 times, my relative paid ~12 OTR in Bangalore for an Ecosport Diesel Titanium+, that too after a waiting period of 8 months or so. It felt expensive then, but reasonable now.

Considering current economic situations, its best to strip the car down and get some sales like Rapid Rider. Maybe they can strip things down even more, bring it under 10L, as well as use the 1.2 turbo engine from TUV3OO, retain the alloys, fog lamps and give it the Titanium+ looks without the Titanium+ features or price.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 17:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Ecosport would have propelled Ford to top 3 or 4 manufacturers in the country had their greed not overcome their desire to grab market share. I still remember the launch of the Ecosport all those years ago at a starting price of 5.59 lakhs. A few months later the prices were continuously hiked until it sat at 8 lakhs because of surge in demand. By then the rivals arrived and took all their waiting customers away and they've been left in the lurch since.
Nithesh_M is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 18:10   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
If the had priced it less than 10 lacs it would have seen lot more sales as duty would have been less. Another missed opportunity from Ford, this is a competent vehicle with a very good AT transmission.
I have a '16 EcoSport Titanium AT, which has six Airbags (but not the leather seats, automatic headlights/wipers etc.). Including Insurance and 2+2, I paid 11 lakhs on road for this in Pune.

This car did decent numbers until came along Brezza and people flocked to that car like, well, Indians to a Maruti. So, let's not blame Ford.
libranof1987 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks