Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Would you buy one today?
Yes 298 52.84%
No 266 47.16%
Voters: 564. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2023, 06:23   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Mercedes E-Class (W212)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_torqueaddict View Post
Congrats! Let us know the cost of upkeep to help potential buyers.

I did not understand this part. It went for service 9 times for just 13k ?! How frequent is service interval? And also why have the tyres been changed so early?
The service is due every year, you have to change the fluids regardless of running. The tyres would be hard and susceptible to bursting as they age without running, old low mileage tyres are dangerous. The cost per km off this particular car is astronomical, it's a wonder the owner held on to it for so long.
avira_tk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:55   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_torqueaddict View Post
Congrats! Let us know the cost of upkeep to help potential buyers.

I did not understand this part. It went for service 9 times for just 13k ?! How frequent is service interval? And also why have the tyres been changed so early?
Considering the low ODO reading, I am expecting close to 35K for yearly routine oil service A. Transmission service will cost close to 50K, which is due in my case and will do it alongwith next Oil service. If something with respect Gearbox goes kaput, you are looking at 2-3 lacs in MB service center, this generally doesnt happen till late 80K kms. Oil cooler is another which could fail costing close to 1.5 lacs with all tubing and flushing, but again not expecting till 70K kms. Suspension parts, mainly lower arm bushings etc made of rubber, could hamper the performance and will be close to 50K without the dampers. Dampers should last another 50-60K kms based on my usage.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 08:43   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The service is due every year, you have to change the fluids regardless of running. The tyres would be hard and susceptible to bursting as they age without running, old low mileage tyres are dangerous. The cost per km off this particular car is astronomical, it's a wonder the owner held on to it for so long.
This is largely true. I have had the pleasure of owning a pre worshipped E W212 2017 model purchased in March 24. I look forward to some help in reviving the interiors. Looking for a steering wheel replacement to begin with. Servicing is done by a mechanic from a Mercedes dealership who has opened a workshop independently. I live in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
Old 15th May 2024, 11:20   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Next Steps:

3) Analogue clock is not working, I tried setting the time and making all changes possible via YT videos and forums. It costs whopping 30000 bucks to replace. Any experience in this regard would help.
Mine is a 2015, E250 CDI of the same colour but with the Pano-sunroof. Bought it used in 2022. Analog Clock in my car too, was not working and got a quote from Benz Service Centre for a "whopping+" of Rs. 48k.

If yours is working by now, then the below is academic.

I got mine fixed by my trusted Independent car audio/interiors/electronics repair guy. Basically, behind the clock, there are 3 connectors ( you will have to remove the centre wooden trim along with the centre & passenger-side air-con vents), remove the connectors, clean, and re-connect them properly. Mine worked after that and touch-wood has been working since the last 18-months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
4) Getting the Audio 20 upgrade to bigger screen and carplay.
Did you get around upgrading to a bigger screen, if yes, could you share info regarding the screen/type/model/cost etc, please?

Last edited by Avi_Torq : 15th May 2024 at 11:24.
Avi_Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 09:37   #110
BHPian

Voted a whole hearted YES way back in 2020 when the thread was created, and now I am a happy owner of W212 Facelift E250.

It is like a dream come true, and all roads definitely lead to it. The car was previously used by one of my friend, he got a new Merc so was letting go of their E - Class. Had an eye on it for a while, but never thought I could buy a well maintained example as this. Still on original paint, a fair condition car with small niggles which are expected. Just came back from a 1000 KM round trip so everything working fine!

I kind of reached my automobile milestone with this buy, so I would like to share the cars with the timeline I put in to reach one in the big three. Just sharing happiness, and maybe inspiring someone, as I was inspired from this community.

Father owned these and I have very happy memories in them, from learning driving to family time. P.S Off the lot he's still a big fan of Fiat and Ford. Not planning on selling Figo as such, I am slowly pushing an i20-N-Line.

1. Fiat Padmini 137D - 1995-1996
2. Ambassador Mark 3- 1998-2005
3. Maruti Suzuki Omni (I learned driving in this) 2002-2007
4. Maruti Suzuki Zen - 2007 - 2008
5. Tata Indica Xeta LX- 2008 - 2009
6. Maruti 800 - 2011 -2012
7. Ford Figo TDCi - 2012 - 2019
8. Ford Figo TDCi- 2019 -

The cars which I have owned, and the continuation of the above ones which manifested into a Mercedes - Benz.

1. Fiat Punto 1.3 - 2009 -2015 (New)
2. Skoda Octavia 1.9 - 2015 APRIL - 2015 August (used)
3. Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDi - 2015-2018 (New)
4. VW Jetta 2.0 TDi- 2017-2020 (Used)
5. Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi - 2022-2023 (used)
6. Skoda Octavia VRs 230 - 2023 - 2024 (used)
7. Mercedes- Benz E250 - 2024 -
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Mercedes E-Class (W212)-img_5679.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Mercedes E-Class (W212)-img_5680.jpg  

RevJ is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed