Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy one today?
Yes 543 75.63%
No 175 24.37%
Voters: 718. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2023, 19:51   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Congratulations! Looks like a very well maintained car with preventive maintenance being done by the previous owner too. I have been searching for a Jetta but prices seem to be going up everyday and good cars are very hard to find! Would be useful if you could share the price.
DM me, and I will put you onto some folks in the owners group who might be interested in selling their car to a direct buyer.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 20:33   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Congratulations. But the critical piece of info missing on this post is how much did the car cost you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Would be useful if you could share the price.
Thank you!

It costed me about 7.9 total. I may have overpaid, but in my 1 year search of Jetta, this was the best example I've came across.
Also prices in Hyderabad is ridiculous for used cars. Similar Jettas (mostly second owner and higher milage) are listed about 8-10 lakh anyway.

Single owner, Complete showroom track with preventive maintenance already done (read timing kit and DSG oil change etc) + new battery and 70% tyre life worked in the favour of taking this decision.

As you mentioned, finding a well maintained car is most difficult even if you are flexible with the asking price. I have seem many ads in olx by agents with very nice looking photos, but the actual car is far from good condition. I will never go with used car dealers (from my experience)

Last edited by Asish_VK : 11th November 2023 at 20:37.
Asish_VK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 20:37   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Thank you!

It costed me about 7.9 total. I may have overpaid, but in my 1 year search of Jetta, this was the best example I've came across.
Also prices in Hyderabad is ridiculous for used cars. Similar Jettas (mostly second owner and higher milage) are listed about 8-10 lakh anyway.

Single owner, Complete showroom track with preventive maintenance already done (read timing kit and DSG oil change etc) + new battery and 70% tyre life worked in the favour of taking this decision.
You have not overpaid. You have simply paid the right money to deal with an honest seller, a car aficionado like yourself who loved his car, and finally peace of mind for yourself. The last bit is priceless.

Enjoy your new steed! She is a rocket!
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 20:55   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You have not overpaid. You have simply paid the right money to deal with an honest seller, a car aficionado like yourself who loved his car, and finally peace of mind for yourself. The last bit is priceless.

Enjoy your new steed! She is a rocket!
Thanks, glad to know that I didn't overpay. Even if it's bit more, I didn't had any remorse

Even before test drive, somehow I felt this is the car I was searching. The owner also didn't over quote hence not much of a bargaining/haggling too . The deal was done quick and smooth.

Last edited by Asish_VK : 11th November 2023 at 20:58.
Asish_VK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:33   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
[*] Head unit with Android auto/Car play. Will decide after assessing the budget.
Skip this, if you don't really need it. Replacing the central OEM Unit with a touch screen will mean you will loose all of your physical controls. Trust me when I say this, those are absolutely wonderful things to have when compared to touch screen controls.

This is coming from a Skoda Laura owner with same engine (320Nm/140bhp) and build. You have all creature comforts that are necessary. My car doesn't have a few that are good to have in today's world but I still prefer to keep my car stock. Other mods that you have mentioned sound to be nice to have.
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:51   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Skip this, if you don't really need it. Replacing the central OEM Unit with a touch screen will mean you will loose all of your physical controls. Trust me when I say this, those are absolutely wonderful things to have when compared to touch screen controls.

This is coming from a Skoda Laura owner with same engine (320Nm/140bhp) and build. You have all creature comforts that are necessary. My car doesn't have a few that are good to have in today's world but I still prefer to keep my car stock. Other mods that you have mentioned sound to be nice to have.
Thanks for the suggestions. Completely agree with you. I have dropped the idea of touchscreen. Instead I'll make use of mobile with a good holder and connect it via bluetooth to the car for music.

I too like the physical controls and the feel of it.
Old 13th May 2024, 17:55   #187

Hi folks, newbie beginner driver here (username does not checkout, yet), still learning to drive in a Renault Kwid 0.8L / Brezza 2023, both are petrol manuals. I really like the Jetta, is this a good investment to buy as a second hand car as available in the market for a new person like me? I would be looking at Jetta MK6 TSI Petrol (Manual) 2015 or newer, or maybe the TDI if I find a 2018 model.

I have so many questions!

PS: Sorry Mods, if this is an irrelevant or noob question!.
Old 29th May 2024, 16:47   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Voting an emphatic yes! This is one of my all-time favourite D1-segment sedans; I like it even more than the current (new) Octavia on sale. Have recommended the Jetta to many people in my circle and here's the thing = I'm yet to meet an unhappy Jetta owner. A timeless all-rounder, the kind that hits the market just once in a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
This 6th-gen Jetta was launched in India in 2011, while the facelift arrived in 2015. The Jetta is known for its all-rounded package, workhorse nature, build quality, 2.0 diesel engine and multi-link rear suspension (Octavia diesel gets a cheaper torsion beam). The Jetta also came with a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine that is best avoided. If you absolutely need a petrol, buy a used Octavia 1.8 TSI instead.
Hello Experts,

I have come across a 2016 Jetta Diesel Automatic Highline with 71,000kms @ 11 lakhs asking price. I will, obviously, negotiate. The person is an army man and the car photos look very good. He also has all the maintenance bills etc. It is listed on TeamBHP classifieds.

https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...en/Jetta.html/

Please guide me on the following -
1. On the face of it, does the car's price look ok or is it on the higher side?

2. I have zero knowledge on how to check a second hand car for buying. What should I do about assessing the car? If the price part is clear then I will visit the owner and take the car to a VW service center.

3. Do you think the car is too old and might give problems being a German? Should I drop the idea and move on?
sjain2054 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 16:49   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by potential_tuner View Post
I would be looking at Jetta MK6 TSI Petrol (Manual) 2015 or newer, or maybe the TDI if I find a 2018 model.
Curious to know why would you look at TDI only if it is a 2018 or newer model?
Old 29th May 2024, 17:35   #190
Senior - BHPian

How long did the OEM battery last?

Last week, our car wasn't starting. Battery guy came and checked and found the battery dead. It was replaced 6 years back, so i replaced it with new one and it's all fine now. Original Battery lasted 7 years. Car will complete 13 years in October this year, but it's still as good as new. Even though it's aged, I won't get a car like it, hence have decided to use it now and then.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 20:09   #191
Team-BHP Support

My battery used to last for about 3 years on average
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 13:36   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
Curious to know why would you look at TDI only if it is a 2018 or newer model?
I am just considering to play it safe in terms of considering the NCR 10 year ban / scrap for Diesels. I think the last models were sold only till 2018?
Old 10th August 2024, 22:56   #193
Senior - BHPian

I just acquired a 2014 Jetta Highline AT (DSG 2.0L TDI).

It is hard to wrap my head around the fact that a 10 year old car drives better, stops better, handles better and delivers more space, safety (8 airbags), thumping audio system, luxury and fuel efficiency than the modern alternatives.

I achieved 23.5 Km/L doing a steady 100 Km/h on the highway and I see 10-13 on the city.

What am I missing here? How have we gone backwards? Have we gone backwards or am I viewing my latest purchase through rose tinted glasses?
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img20240810105342.jpg  

Pre-worshipped car of the week : Used Volkswagen Jetta (6th-gen)-img20240809162913.jpg  

gsferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 23:10   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I just acquired a 2014 Jetta Highline AT (DSG 2.0L TDI).

It is hard to wrap my head around the fact that a 10 year old car drives better, stops better, handles better and delivers more space, safety (8 airbags), thumping audio system, luxury and fuel efficiency than the modern alternatives.

I achieved 23.5 Km/L doing a steady 100 Km/h on the highway and I see 10-13 on the city.

What am I missing here? How have we gone backwards? Have we gone backwards or am I viewing my latest purchase through rose tinted glasses?
Welcome to the club my friend. While I own the lesser and older sibling, it shares the same DNA.

With hypermiling (and AC On) you will see 30 KMPL on Diesel. Talk about efficiency and VFM

Yes we have gone backwards a lot. Taxes and depreciating INR is the reason for the same. But you are also looking at it via rose tinted glasses indeed. However, we are auto enthusiasts and hence we value a Stud, no matter the age.

The car will show some tantrums and will be no exactly cheap to maintain. But then, it will still remain the best VFM purchase that you would have done in your life so far.

Happy driving.

Last edited by sunilch : 10th August 2024 at 23:12.
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 14:10   #195

I've just bought a 2016 Highline TDI DSG and it's an upgrade from my VW Vento 1.6 MPI manual.

The lower end torque and the the quick shifting DSG are a gem of a combo to experience with. The build quality is also great and these aged really well for an 8 years old car.

I'll post an ownership thread of the Jetta as well as the previous Vento soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks