Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2020, 21:19   #91

Re: Sold car, but buyer wants to cancel the deal - Now what?

As much as I would like to empathise for the buyer, practicality dictates that skepticism win.

I have a query for the OP. You said he transferred money by multiple channels. Please check whether the source of funds was his own account or multiple accounts of different people?

Your bank will be able to tell you this and transaction originating from other’s account or worse, others accounts is suspicious to say the least.
Old 18th September 2020, 23:26   #92

I was unable to update on this thread due to various reasons, but I am relieved to report that the issue is resolved.

Mr buyer's sole intention as it turns out was to get away by not paying the rest of the pending money. After local police was involved, the rest of the process like ownership transfer and settling all pending money moved very swiftly.

I could confirm the new owner's name in "mParivahan" app.

Thanks to all bhpians for your responses and suggestions.
lazybird is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 00:11   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybird View Post
Mr buyer's sole intention as it turns out was to get away by not paying the rest of the pending money. After local police was involved, the rest of the process like ownership transfer and settling all pending money moved very swiftly.
Just read this thread at one stretch. Was eagerly reading to know what happened in the end. I feel like I've come at the right moment.

I'm glad to know thay you've got it sorted. The WhatsApp chat did look a bit fishy to me as a person who is in such a serious situation wouldn't type such long messages on whatsapp and the way he said it felt off too. It is a lesson for you and all of us here on what not to do while selling a vehicle.

Also, I'm curious to know how long did it take to get the issue resolved by the local police? If he has done this to you, then he would have been involved in the same scam in the past too, did the police investigate it?
Old 15th October 2020, 16:43   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

From what i feel about this situation, if he was genuine he would have called you on phone and spoke to you about it.
WA is good way to hide behind when you want to lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybird View Post
Mr buyer's sole intention as it turns out was to get away by not paying the rest of the pending money.
There was a lot to learn from this situation for all of us.
Once again thanks for sharing and Good luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks