Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2020, 10:09   #16
BHPian

re: Datsun Redi-GO facelift, now launched at Rs 2.83 lakhs

WOW. Look at those images. I am impressed,

Had they done this on their first launch, Redigo would be a hot seller right from the start.

I really liked the dashboard re-design. The front girlle is bit big, but once you get used to it, it looks kind of nice.

Unfortunately, car buyers in this segment are a risk-averse lot. They will always stick with Maruti's Spresso or the Alto. Anyway, I should applaud the folks at Nissan for still not giving up. I wish this update brings in good numbers to Datsun.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 14:49   #17
BHPian

Must say they have done a good job with the facelift. Really liked the major revamp in the Interiors, which were a bit odd and out of place earlier otherwise for the decent package.

Now it feels and looks more upmarket for the price it is available. Love the DRL's treatment though not much of a fan boy of vertical DRL's. Rear Seat belts are now retractable as well.

I wish they would have done some changes to Engine as well. In the slides it has been mentioned though that more Power and Torque, not sure whether anything actually changed or just a Marketing gimmick.
I hope this one should act as a good competitor to S-Presso and bring in good numbers.

Only Caveat is the super thin Sales and Service network of Nissan. I hope it should be addressed as well. In my hometown, Nissan/Datsun showroom shut shop six months back and rented out his all showroom along with Staff to a newly opened Mahindra Dealership which is bought by an acquaintance. Financially it makes sense since the owner is getting a very handsome rent figure without any worries now.
Old 1st May 2020, 19:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
So bizarre seeing only driver airbag as standard and passenger side airbag as an option only on top trim.
Not so bizzare, considering the fact that the S-Presso and for that matter any car in this segment do not provide the second airbag in lower variants (feel free to correct me).
It is rather a norm with the OEMs stripping down the lower variants, reserving most of the features (be it related to safety or just creature comforts) for the top variants. Heck, most cars in this segment do not even come with necessities such as A/C, Power steering, let alone the passenger-side airbag.

Have fun, drive safe.
Shreyas

Last edited by Shreyas : 1st May 2020 at 19:59. Reason: Punctuation
Shreyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 04:35   #19
BHPian

They certainly have come a long way from not even giving a glove box lid on their first few cars 😆

That being said if pricing undercuts the kwid, this could be a real interesting little hatch.
Old 2nd May 2020, 16:58   #20
BHPian

This looks like a great move from Nissan and shows the impact of Mr. Rakesh Srivastava.

The details on the 'Pilot on Wheels' Youtube channel indicate almost all issues indicated with the older version of RediGo are fixed.

One issue I presume still remains is the single wiper for the front windscreen. Hope the single wiper will be functionally good and that this relaunch will be start of a new successful run for Datsun/Nissan.
manij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 17:07   #21
BANNED

Datsun Redi-Go facelift models started reaching dealerships. - Link

Datsun Redi-GO facelift, now launched at Rs 2.83 lakhs-screenshot_20200526-zwdatsunredigo20201_720x540-jpg-webp-image-720-540-pixels.png

Datsun Redi-GO facelift, now launched at Rs 2.83 lakhs-screenshot_20200526-zwdatsunredigo20202_720x540-jpg-webp-image-720-405-pixels.png

Datsun Redi-GO facelift, now launched at Rs 2.83 lakhs-screenshot_20200526-zwdatsunredigo20204_720x540-jpg-webp-image-720-540-pixels.png
wheelguy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 19:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Datsun Redi-Go facelift models started reaching dealerships. - Link

That Massive Grill/Bumper..

It actually looks like they have written LOL across the bumper. '|_ O _|'

Last edited by virajmore03 : 26th May 2020 at 19:24.
virajmore03 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 19:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nissan really cares about their technicians. Now one can enter the bay through that massive grille.

Wish they'd have done something about that Pontiac Aztek looking rear end.

Edit: Reminds me of the 2013 Chevy Sonic now.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 26th May 2020 at 19:38.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 20:01   #24
BHPian

This one looks much better than the previous one in my opinion. Is there any confirmation on the AMT? Should be a decent option in A segment. This segment, cars costing less than 5 lakhs on road, itself has just three contenders I believe - Redigo, Kwid and S Presso. All other A segment cars have gone upto original B segment entry level cars now (more of an A+ segment).
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 20:53   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

More of the Redi-Go!

Datsun Redi-GO facelift, now launched at Rs 2.83 lakhs-2020datsunredigofaceliftbrochurepriceleak8.jpg

Datsun Redi-GO facelift, now launched at Rs 2.83 lakhs-2020datsunredigofaceliftbrochurepriceleak4.jpg

Datsun Redi-GO facelift, now launched at Rs 2.83 lakhs-2020datsunredigofaceliftbrochurepriceleak1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th May 2020 at 20:54.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 21:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Those alloys sure do look nice.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 21:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

In the attached poster, it was interesting to see that one of the negative consumer perceptions with respect to selling the Redi-Go was that "it felt like a Nano".

Goes to show how misplaced market positioning and the perceptions associated with it can wreak havoc with a brand name, nowhere remotely connected with the OEM in question , but belonging to a different OEM. Although I think the amount of feedback w.r.t. this specific reason is maybe a bit stretched? We all know that Nissan-Datsun dealers were not, e-r-r, a very accomplished lot in selling even accomplished cars like the Micra, Terrano, X-Trail, Sunny in any case!

Ironically, and not many outside the auto industry, may know about this, (a friend of mine told me): The RENAULT KWID and the DATSUN REDI-Go was designed grounds-up in India by a team of phenomenal young engineers. And yes, 90% of these engineers had originally been involved, in some way or the other on the Tata Nano project.
They were picked up for their ingenuity, engineering prowess and their ability to meet stiff cost targets.
They also knew where the weaknesses were and how to set them right; hence the larger engine, better brakes, larger wheels, better ride, a decent boot etc for the Renault-Nissan offsprings.
The good points were retained such as a light kerb mass, excellent visibility, ease of ingress and egress, high seating position, headroom and ground clearance.
The rest were driven by the respective OEM's brand imagery, corporate identity, styling DNA, risk appetite of OEM,(KWID's styling was segment busting but definitely a risky one), in a segment which usually preferred "ho-hum" looking cars and so on and so forth.

Basic point is, the humble Nano, much chastised and berated, has worked, silently behind the scenes, educating and benchmarking itself with global auto OEM'S; such as Toyota, Renault, Nissan; teaching them a lesson as to how frugal engineering concepts should be thought of and implemented. It has also groomed a whole new breed of engineers on how to build a car on a shoestring budget!

The facelifted Redi-Go looks better than the Maruti S-Presso at least.
If its weaknesses of NVH, wooden feeling brakes, inconsistent steering feel, snappy fuelling, have been taken care of: it definitely deserves a second chance as an entry level hatch.

The bigger picture, however, is not the car. But the Nissan dealers who are shutting shop, falling by the wayside like autumn leaves and deserting the OEM in droves. This is the most difficult task now in front of Nissan to convince and attract new customers and retain its existing customer set.

Wish the facelifted car all the best. Godspeed!
Attached Thumbnails
Datsun Redi-GO facelift, now launched at Rs 2.83 lakhs-2020datsunredigofaceliftbrochurepriceleak4.jpg  

Last edited by arjab : 26th May 2020 at 21:57. Reason: spacing
arjab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 22:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

The new redi-Go looks sharper/ smarter to me.

But I am wondering why are they introducing product refresh (s) under the Datsun brand when Nissan is withdrawing Datsun brand everywhere else.

At one stage they (Renault-Nissan & associates) were biggest auto brand, & now they are a shadow of past due to their eccentric decisions.

Would love to see new gen Nissan cars in India than these 3rd world products "specially made for India".
Old 26th May 2020, 23:15   #29
BHPian

I am personally not loving the big grill trend the manufacturers are hopping on. It makes the cars look... crass is the word I am looking for.
Balthazar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 11:57   #30
BHPian

There may soon come a time when all the front facia is a grill like some big blackhole. IMHO, So not cool !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks