Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 01:07   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh

It was around September-October of 2019. They told us only 4 color options were available at the time as others were allegedly discontinued. We were given the option of Nexa Blue, some Grey, Silver and White to choose from even though we wanted the other shade of Blue or even Red/Black as options.
Old 24th February 2020, 09:48   #62
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis facelift images leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maruti really needs to correct the price of this car. There are anyway discounts, so better to just do it officially.
As a owner of Ignis AGS for past 20 months, it has served so well and without any doubt a great car for city. Twice that I drove Pune-Mumbai held well on Express way for the kind of driving I do.
On Pricing, I would agree, it's at least 50k more than what it should be.
Facelift was also a good chance for MSIL to rework on tail lamp design while they were redesigning front grill, front and rear bumpers and everything else.
As a owner, driver, the car 100% meets what it is meant to be for me.
advaitlele is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 10:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis facelift images leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
As a owner of Ignis AGS for past 20 months, it has served so well and without any doubt a great car for city. Twice that I drove Pune-Mumbai held well on Express way for the kind of driving I do.
I share the same experience with the Ignis. It has served extremely well in the city traffic scenario + the occasional highway drive type of usage. The Ignis completes 33 months with us as of this month and so far has been a reliable ride with a decent AMT gearbox.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 18:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ignis gets touchscreen in Zeta variant. SmartPlay Studio infotainment with Android Auto and Apple Carplay replaces 2-DIN audio player in the Zeta variant. Ignis Zeta now start at Rs 5.98 lakh, AMT now costs Rs 6.45 lakh.

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-smartselect_20200723182133_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...variant-418109
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:23   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ignis gets touchscreen in Zeta variant. SmartPlay Studio infotainment with Android Auto and Apple Carplay replaces 2-DIN audio player in the Zeta variant. Ignis Zeta now start at Rs 5.98 lakh, AMT now costs Rs 6.45 lakh.
9K looks reasonable for the addition. Any idea what system it is? Took a TD recently, the sales guy mentioned it's a Harman system with JBL speakers in the Alpha, and Bosch system with Bosch speakers in the Zeta. Can anyone confirm! Good that I chose to wait.

Actually, I was looking forward to the Dual VTVT update, along with ESP and Hill Hold in the AMT variant. Am I asking too much!!
Old 24th July 2020, 09:30   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Any idea what system it is? Took a TD recently, the sales guy mentioned it's a Harman system with JBL speakers in the Alpha, and Bosch system with Bosch speakers in the Zeta. Can anyone confirm!
Only the pre-facelift ones had Bosch units.

Quote:
Actually, I was looking forward to the Dual VTVT update, along with ESP and Hill Hold in the AMT variant. Am I asking too much!!
Yeah! Actually too much.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 09:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

The rear view camera has been given a miss in the Zeta variant.

I don't understand Maruti's logic of providing the touch screen system but denying the rear view camera.

IIRC, same is the case with top-end variants of S-presso and Wagon-R also.

Rohan
Old 24th July 2020, 10:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I don't understand Maruti's logic of providing the touch screen system but denying the rear view camera.

IIRC, same is the case with top-end variants of S-presso and Wagon-R also.
The main differentiator now between Zeta and Alpha is the Auto A/C and Seat height adjust, others can be done aftermarket too. The price difference between the two is quite steep. If they add any more features in the Zeta, they might as well stop the Alpha variant. Curiously, the Autocar India article says that Rear View camera, if added, can be fed into the Smart Play system. But, this is not so in the Wagon R, which has the same system, if I am not mistaken.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 11:22   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
The rear view camera has been given a miss in the Zeta variant.
Simple reason of somehow maintaining a differentiation in the trims. And - the reverse camera can be added as an official accessory / aftermarket fitment without much fiddling.

Its like the SPresso that has the grille chrome inserts & DRLs as an accessory. Something that Maruti expects everyone to buy by default along with the car. So extra little revenue in form of essential accessory sale as well. Maruti is pretty smart in these things and generally gets their trim offerings spot on, unlike many other car makers.
Old 24th July 2020, 12:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The main differentiator now between Zeta and Alpha is the Auto A/C and Seat height adjust, others can be done aftermarket too. The price difference between the two is quite steep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Simple reason of somehow maintaining a differentiation in the trims. And - the reverse camera can be added as an official accessory / aftermarket fitment without much fiddling.
The Alpha variant already has several differentiating factors like driver seat height adjuster, ACC, DRL, LED projector headlamps, puddle lamps and meter accent lighting, which justify its premium pricing.

With rear view camera included as a factory fitment in Zeta variant, it would have been the perfect option for a value concious buyer, seeking the bare essetial features (by today's standards).

But as you have mentioned, if the rear view camera can be added as an official accessory at the dealership without compromising the warranty, it is still acceptable.

I have always been a fan of the featue distribution in Nexa car variants, and the addition of smart play in Zeta variant makes it even better.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 12:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki introduces special edition accessories package for Ignis called X10, package is available for the Sigma trim.

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-smartselect_20200819123334_chrome.jpg

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-smartselect_20200819123344_chrome.jpg

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-smartselect_20200819123353_chrome.jpg

Cost of the accessories would amount to a total of Rs. 35,321, customers will only have to pay Rs. 29,990 for the package, effectively resulting in savings worth Rs. 5,331 on the purchase of these accessories.

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-smartselect_20200819123439_chrome.jpg

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-smartselect_20200819123449_chrome.jpg

https://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki...-rs-5-19-lakh/
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 15:12   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra would be proud of that grill design!

Maruti really needs to do more to help push sales of the Ignis which is almost a neither here nor there product in their stable. I say this having an Ignis in the family garage.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 15:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki likely to launch Ignis in Black Colour

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-smartselect_20210312151604_chrome.jpg

Quote:
According to our sources, Maruti Suzuki could add a black exterior paint option to the Ignis
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 08:28   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki likely to launch Ignis in Black Colour
Here are the pics of the Ignis in black!

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-ignisblack11280x720.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 10:53   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here are the pics of the Ignis in black!

Attachment 2132085
Definitely for the export markets, notice the badge placement, its on the left for domestic market.

Maruti Ignis facelift launched at Rs. 4.89 lakh-img20201018wa0081.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks