Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:19   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Carens midsize MPV unveiled

Just saw it on the highway.
It is small. Definitely looks smaller than Alcazar. From far for a second I mistook it for Sonet. Front looked ordinary. In looks department Kia certainly have made a blunder.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:25   #227

Visually kia has the best lineup of cars however Carens has to be the ugliest launch in the past decade. It reminds me of the WagonR, more like a WagonR got a botched cosmetic surgery
derick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:17   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

After the recent unveil, soon to be launched Kia Carens spied in production ready guise on public roads.

Kia Carens midsize MPV unveiled-smartselect_20211223141530_facebook.jpg

Kia Carens midsize MPV unveiled-smartselect_20211223141539_facebook.jpg

Kia Carens midsize MPV unveiled-smartselect_20211223141545_facebook.jpg

Source : Autocar India

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd December 2021 at 14:28.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 17:50   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics surface of Kia Carens, on road:

Kia Carens midsize MPV unveiled-1.jpg

Kia Carens midsize MPV unveiled-4.jpg

Kia Carens midsize MPV unveiled-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 18:54   #230
BHPian

Man! Kia has taken a big hit when it comes to design. Although appreciable that they've taken care of safety across all variants, this doesn't look even half as how (comparatively) balanced, the Alcazar looks. I don't even understand the segment to be honest. A 7 seater crossover SUV (which has unusable 7 seats) for 25 odd lakhs? Just get an Ertiga/Marazzo or an Innova!
Arnav612 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 19:30   #231
Senior - BHPian

It could turn out to be a hit but IMO it is the only Kia currently on sale that doesn't look as enticing as other Kias. The design is too much of a fusion for my liking. I wish the decided to stick to one body format than making a concoction. Let us hope it is not as expensive as Alcazar. Heck, I will go ahead and say this should start marginally higher than Seltos base pricing.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 11:01   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Wouldn't say it is clumsy Rather prefer it for the clean look.
No, I didn't mean clumsy from a visual perspective. I meant the engineering side of it. Its a bit easier mount the wiper motor and associated mechanism in the space below the glass, rather than at the top near the upper edge of the boot door/hatch IMO.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:40   #233
BHPian

For some reason this design language seems to be a complete departure from their existing design philosophy. From the front it is too rounded to give a toad face like appearance. The rear is bland. Did KIA designers go out for dinner with the folks at Maruti!!
Abhikumar629 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 14:08   #234

During last year's Auto expo, when KIA announced that they were targeting the 7-seater segment for their next product, was excited and looking forward to what they would come up with. My expectations from them were quite high given the blockbuster offerings they have in Seltos, Sonet and even to an extent with the Carnival. Like many others, I was long hoping for a competitor to take the likes of Maruti and Toyota head on to make them earn the Customer's money as they long abused their monopoly positions in the market especially in this segment. But, with this unveil, have to say, I am sort of heartbroken with the final product from KIA. Having said that, the product might still be fantastic for a family as an overall package in flesh and will reserve judgement,but, very hard to digest the looks on this one, especially when it is wearing the KIA badge.
Old 24th December 2021, 14:55   #235
BHPian

While I know this is the Kia version of the Alcazar, The whole proportions of wheels and body overhangs scream MPV IMO.

It reminds of a fancy XL6 and not the Seltos.
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 17:39   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Just saw it on the highway.
It is small. Definitely looks smaller than Alcazar. From far for a second I mistook it for Sonet. Front looked ordinary. In looks department Kia certainly have made a blunder.
That's Odd, Autocar was at location, as per them its wider in it' segment beating even crysta and also beats Alcazar in dimensions.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-points-423024

Quote:
But what’s really interesting to note is that the Carens is longer, wider and taller than even the Alcazar, that measures 4,500mm in length, 1,790mm in width, 1,675mm in height. Even the wheelbase is greater than the Alcazar’s 2,760mm. In fact, the Carens has the longest wheelbase in this segment, which is 30mm longer than the Toyota Innova Crsyta too, although the Toyota is longer when it comes to overall length. The dimensions certainly point to a spacious interior.

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 24th December 2021 at 17:39. Reason: Spell fix
Old 30th December 2021, 14:27   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Carens bookings to start from 14th January 2022

Kia Carens midsize MPV unveiled-screenshot_20211230142805_youtube.jpg

Kia Carens midsize MPV unveiled-screenshot_20211230142822_youtube.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th December 2021 at 14:32.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 12:18   #238
Senior - BHPian

Saw one yesterday evening. To be honest it's anything but looker. The rear was like malfunctioning XUV700 tail-lights. The size or rather not is unmissable. Front end again not palatable. Didn't bother to enter to have a look at interiors as nothing over 5 seats would work for me.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 01:37   #239
BHPian

So it's based on the Indian seltos platform, so basically unsafe. Was really expecting this would be based on some other platform as apart from the safety issue, Kia cars are otherwise brilliant and a well packaged, safe, compact MUV with good engines has been long awaited in the segment. Ertiga is a bad option considering the infamous safety issues associated with Marutis and the whole car in general feels cheap everywhere.

Goes to show you can't have everything in a car in the Indian market. Either it's safe but maybe not as feature packed, or its packed to the brim with features but unsafe.
Old 1st January 2022, 07:34   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Goes to show you can't have everything in a car in the Indian market. Either it's safe but maybe not as feature packed, or its packed to the brim with features but unsafe.
Isn’t Tata and Mahindra scaling up to above request minus Image and developing ASC.

Most of us want the Maruti and Korean couples to scale up.

If Korean cousins and Maruti scale up, can Tata and Mahindra sustain the same growth they have been enjoying in the last 3 Years?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks