Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2020, 15:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Sales of automatics grew from 1.4% in 2011 to 17.3% in 2019

I worked a compromise when I went for Breeza AMT as my new car. After doing 5K on odo, I must say that while it has its own pros and cons to have it.

The car is good for office commute 16KM daily in Pune, It's more or less as bad as Bangalore. Car works as a charm in stop go traffic till date without issues.

Although, it makes me nervous to think about overtaking on highway or if my trip has some sections with hairpin bends. I managed to get transaxel warning once due to over heating of clutch, going uphill with lots of hairpin bends and traffic jam.

Later I also experimented with manual mode as was suggested on different threads on this forum, but wasn't a big relief either.

In an ideal world it would be desirable to have a small AT for city and manual suv/compact for highways. But we don't live in ideal world.
Old 28th March 2020, 15:39   #32
BHPian

Re: Sales of automatics grew from 1.4% in 2011 to 17.3% in 2019

I have an apples to apples comparison in my family. My dad has a 2012 i10 Sports AT (4 speed TC) while I have an i10 Sports (5 speed MT). While dad's car is in Chandigarh, the MT is here with me in Dharmapuri, TN. The only reason I've still stuck with my MT is because there is little traffic that I encounter here in TN where I live, and I drive my car rarely. In Chandigarh, I bless the fact the family made dad go in for an AT. I just miss one gear, but otherwise, it's going to be AT > MT anytime, even for my next purchase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks