2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-3.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-2.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-4.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 10:30   #242
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)
re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

First reaction when i saw the pictures was this will go straight to the drain, will be a dud like the Santro and this is a royal screw up by Hyundai, same was when i saw the first interior pictures, now the more i see it the more the car has grown on me, i like the front and sides quite a lot now, looks a lot more butch than my current gen Creta, rear is still weird and interior design is still plain, but they don't seem that big a deal to me anymore, combined with the reputation and strong branding of Creta name in India, this could potentially be a chartbuster again. I'am not a fan of the way Seltos, its chief competitor looks either yet it is doing great, i like new Creta from the front and sides more and i don't really like the Seltos from rear as well.
Personally i will pick the New Harrier over these two any day if i were to sell my Creta, the new diesel in Creta/Seltos should have had more power but Hyundai took a step backwards, in last decade they brought in the more powerful version in Verna (128 PS vs 115 PS), this time they chose the less powerful version (115 PS vs 136 PS) in their more premium cars.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 7th March 2020 at 10:32.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 10:49   #243
Senior - BHPian

OMG. That is one hell of an ugly looking car at least in pics. It makes the Mahindra KUV look stylish and the Kia Seltos and Jeep Compass look like beauty queens.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 11:16   #244
BHPian

ACI's video on the new CRETA.

Liked the previous version. This looks awkward from all sides. And that alloy design.
It has now come to a point where a bumper is anything but a bumper.
ganesc is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 11:38   #245
BHPian

Hyundai design language is going rapidly downhill with each new model. Not a fan of the low mounted headlights and taillights. It's a shame because the interior has been so tastefully designed. These kind of exterior designs are not going to age well at all.
Old 7th March 2020, 12:06   #246
BHPian

I don’t understand so many comments about the exterior being ugly. To me it looks absolutely beautiful.The much hated back looks incredibly modern and futuristic to me. The interior is also quite good. I am happy they went with a digital speedometer but it would have been better to have a single fully digital speedometer console like we see in Volvo, Audi and some Mercedes. In addition, the center digital console should have been higher like in Seltos to avoid the driver having to take eyes off the road. The most important features that are missing are safety aids like collision avoidance, lane assist and adaptive cruise control.
Lobogris is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 12:15   #247
BHPian

Some how cannot come to terms with the exterior design of the Creta and this pushes me towards Seltos.

Interiors look very plain and boring on the lower variants and looks better on the higher SX and SX(0) variants,especially on the Automatic variants with some RED strips on AC vents.
The speed dials on the lower trims look dated and the exterior side strip near the rear quarter panel/ C- Pillar look very odd and out of place. That was totally not needed.

The positioning of the display unit makes one to look down and lose the line of sight while driving. On the other hand, i feel Seltos nailed it in this department.

The Alloys look like they have been overdone.

The large front grill looks very crappy.

Came across other walk-around videos on YouTube. Check them out.

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 7th March 2020 at 12:20.
Old 7th March 2020, 12:28   #248
BHPian

Just saw this article online. Seems they are setting new standards of Safety

https://www.rushlane.com/2020-hyunda...Ugv-PtD_sxe2hQ
Ashdel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 12:44   #249
BHPian

I like the design, but from the outside it looks like an augmented Venue. If the Venue would have come out post Creta II, would have seemed better. Somehow Hyundai ruins their Gen 2 designs. Having both Gen 1 i20/Creta am so much happier. But the way they incrementally load interiors, using mini refresh cycles is phenomenal and the nice exteriors start to diminish in value.

The back is so different to the busy back of the Seltos—which seems overdone, like the Harrier. This concept of writing the product name on the back with spaces looks so weird and messy. C R E T A. Like a Powepoint gone wrong!
Old 7th March 2020, 12:44   #250
Senior - BHPian

I think the looks will just grow on you! I didn't like it when I saw the first images of the Chinese version, but on seeing it now, feel it's imposing both front and back. I'm getting to like the looks actually and Seltos' success makes the Creta look different. Seltos is so common place these days, I can bet the different looking Creta will come as a breath of fresh air. Must be successful in clawing back sales lost to the Seltos. Panoramic sun roof looks great.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 7th March 2020 at 12:46.
Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 12:56   #251
Senior - BHPian

Looks much better in white. Maybe in person it will look more appealing. Definitely looks bigger than Seltos. I was expecting some mind blowing interiors but these are too bland for my liking. Especially the ACC console looks way outdated. No doubt considering Hyundai the fit and finish will be excellent but somehow interiors aren't appealing at all. Again will check this out in person to see if my perception changes.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 13:08   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Hyundai India stated that the new Creta has not been crash tested by NCAP as of today. They also mentioned that the car will be tested by NCAP in the future. And when it does, the rating will be revealed.
Now thats what is expected from a responsible car manufacturer! I am happy they didn't say 'we will not send the car for NCAP as we are already compliant to all government regulations'. Now all thats left is to honour their word and send the car for crash testing!
nagr22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 13:19   #253
BHPian

The car is not drop dead gorgeous like the Harrier, but it looks good in some colours like the Phantom Black and Orange with black roof specially with the two tone alloys.

I have currently booked the Harrier and the Creta both and will take the final call after looking at the Creta in person.

However here are the positives and negatives from my perspective

Hyundai Creta 2020:

1. Looks good in black
2. Features like electronic parking brake and panoramic roof while saving Rs 5-6 lakh
3. Hyundai reliability and service network
4. Petrol engine

Tata Harrier

1. Superb looks
2. Much more powerful and bigger in size
3. Potential niggles in infotainment system etc
4. Unknown reliability if diesel cars in BS6 world with all the DPFs and Adblues in the picture
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 13:33   #254
Senior - BHPian

The blank interiors with red inserts on the ac vents look great. Overall, great set of top end features - paddle shifters, ventilated sun roof, electric parking brake etc.

Exterior- The rear elements stand out on lighter colours. I think black or grey would be the best for rear.

Old 7th March 2020, 13:47   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I don’t understand so many comments about the exterior being ugly. To me it looks absolutely beautiful.
Agree - it looks quite good in the videos released so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I think the looks will just grow on you!
Yes, after seeing a few videos of the Creta I am wondering why people are going bonkers criticizing it. The design should have been more boxy and this is a curvy design but over time one will get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
The car is not drop dead gorgeous like the Harrier, but it looks good in some colours like the Phantom Black and Orange with black roof specially with the two tone alloys.
I liked the Red as well that they showed in some of the videos released on YouTube today.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks