Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2020, 12:20   #76
BHPian

Re: Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.

@TROOPER Bro, my opinion is you should wait and keep confrontation as the last option. My Tiago had some issues before and that's something I learned. Like a needle in a haystack, sometimes you'll meet a brilliant dealership ( like the one of ford I've dealt with in the past for my cousin ) which will make you wonder why they're not doing so well and other times you'll be faced with an absolute lemon of a dealership, like I am, with my Tiago. Escalate to the higher ups and wait, is my opinion. I am sincerely hoping that your issue gets resolved soon because you are a 2 million rupee customer, so you should be in their priority list.

Last edited by SaiSW : 1st February 2020 at 12:23.
Old 1st February 2020, 12:50   #77
BHPian

Re: Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
@TROOPER Bro, my opinion is you should wait and keep confrontation as the last option. I am sincerely hoping that your issue gets resolved soon because you are a 2 million rupee customer, so you should be in their priority list.
His issue is already resolved. The last update on this that i remember:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
So drove 60 kms to our native village from Mangalore. All smooth. Smooth start up. And no rattling. No suspension noises either.

Looking forward to a great trip back to Mumbai.

Thank you to all BHPians for the support. Have a hint that Tata higher ups have been made aware of this debacle. Hope they make appropriate changes/take action to avoid such goof ups in the future and avoid blaming dealers when they're in the wrong. Will send them a mail once I'm back in Mumbai.

Special thanks to members of the THOR group too, for being supportive, with some members going out of their way to try and help me out.

Would like to tell Tata fanboys and admirers that there was no intention of mine to make this a Tata bashing thread. A spade should be called a spade and Tata could have handled the case well, which they didn't bother to. Am still a Tata fan and love the Hexa to bits.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 12:54   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
His issue is already resolved. The last update on this that i remember:
Just noticed the same. I am glad it was resolved. Tata completely deserves the blame for his issue and i hope they learn the lesson and not do the same to another customer again, especially not one who bought one of their most expensive products.

Last edited by SaiSW : 1st February 2020 at 12:58.
Old 1st February 2020, 13:09   #79
BHPian

Re: Not Gold Standard, Tata Motor's Plastic Standard Customer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
But defending TATA when they have so clearly made a mistake and asking an enthusiast to "just be calm"..
I think it's time for me to ask members to keep calm!

At the risk of going off topic and my comments being considered as personal attacks, I would like to address the 'keep calm' issue.

I had specifically put a disclaimer and informed in the 2nd post (which was technically the 1st) to go check out the Hexa Official Review thread, where one can get enough info about my pre and post purchase experience.

Without going through any of them, I guess, some really crude suggestions/comments were made, to the extent of expecting me to use parts from test drive vehicles in our brand new car. The fact that gearboxes of both mine and the donor car's would be ripped apart twice was not considered. Zero sympathy for the cars. The question as to why Tata didn't make an effort to provide a loaner car wasn't asked. I was also told that 'I'm not the only customer in the country waiting for parts, so keep calm.'

Yes. In some cases, maybe a keep calm is valid. But when one, without due diligence, asks an OP to keep calm, it not only disappoints the OP, but also gives the OEM, a leeway. And from the info I sit on, I can tell you Tata is aware of this thread.

You can bash an OEM or defend them, bash the OP or defend him/her, but avoid making comments without going through all the info, in hand, available on the forum. That's my only request. You can also PM the OP for more info.

Would request members to keep calm now The car is in my hands. Seems everything is OK. Let's hope for an event free ownership ahead.

Last edited by TROOPER : 1st February 2020 at 13:11.
TROOPER is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 13:21   #80
BHPian

Quote:

Would request members to keep calm now The car is in my hands. Seems everything is OK. Let's hope for an event free ownership ahead.
I see you've changed the profile picture to your Hexa. Must say it is one mean looking car, especially in your shade. Hope you have a trouble free ownership period ahead.
SaiSW is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 18:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Must say it is one mean looking car, especially in your shade. Hope you have a trouble free ownership period ahead.
Thanks!

Attaching couple pics

Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.-20200201073820_img_2497_resize_37.jpg

Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.-20200201073316_img_2473_resize_47.jpg
TROOPER is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 21:44   #82
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that the issue has been resolved!

Talking about TASS, Automatrix/Mangalore has been providing great service and their quality of service has been fantastic. This is based on almost 12+ years of my experience with Automatrix. (getting my car/SUV serviced at Automatrix since 2008)
Automatrix GM/Service Rajaram Anand is extremely proactive, Knowledgeable and always has been supportive which has made the ownership experience extremely good and peaceful.

Quote:
In the heat of the moment, I did forget to mention that. Automatrix Mangalore did try that. But apparently the starter motor and flywheel aren't normal spares as per them and had to come from Pune.

What got my goat was, Tata customer care trying to shove the responsibility on the dealer. When it's clear it is their internal processes that have botched the timelines up.

Doesn't matter what, for a company based with 100% of its operations in India, it's a crime to wait for anything over a week for a case as simple as ours.

I reiterate, it's Tata Motors that have botched things up. TASS Manglore have been supportive.
lohithrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 05:24   #83
Senior - BHPian

Unlike most cars, for Tata vehicles, their best phase of life begins once warranty is over. That's why you see so many long termers with Tata cars. Once the emi's are done and the warranty is over, find a good local workshop and spend your money on having your issues sorted out once and for all by skilled mechanics, instead of the hack jobs they do at tascs. I can honestly say my car felt more put together at 10 years than it did at 3.

I think Tata is right to not trust their mechanics. But yes they should make the process at their end faster. But with a Tata company, I don't think that's happening any time soon! At least the dealership I bought my car from, they did a fuel pump overhaul, asked me to pay in advance, and Tata denied the claim, and ultimately it did not fix the issue either. My HVAC knob used to stop working. Every service for 3 years I would raise the issue, and they would fix it so that it worked for a week until I got the feedback survey.

Later my local workshop told that the cable was obstructed due to some manufacturing defect. The dealership was just reconnecting the cable only got it to get detached a few weeks later. They filed away the obstruction and it has been working ever since. This is just one example. The best years are yet to come

Last edited by greenhorn : 25th March 2020 at 05:26.
greenhorn is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 10:37   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Later my local workshop told that the cable was obstructed due to some manufacturing defect. The dealership was just reconnecting the cable only got it to get detached a few weeks later. They filed away the obstruction and it has been working ever since. This is just one example. The best years are yet to come
Send a mail to tata. I faced some issues at Hyson motors wherein they just made a fool out of me when I went there about some problems. I sent a mail, and two days later, their attitude was visibly changed.

Most Viewed