Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 17:20   #211
Senior - BHPian

when people have crores to spend on 2 seater sport cars.surely they can affort 35L 4 seater nasty fast cars as daily drives.
you never know.i've been smitten by the EVO X's seat once.Maybe i'll buy a brand new.lol.
I've never been in a more comfortable seat in my life.Its the most wonderful thing to hold that steering wheel in your hand and gaze down those twin cluster.

And that is one amazing pic Rjeevan.Wow.
Old 27th March 2009, 17:27   #212
BHPian

are those the latest gen evo's in the pic? omg. what does it cost? anyone know are they launching the new lancer? not the evo! just the lancer!!! ???
Old 27th March 2009, 19:18   #213
BHPian

There is a mix of old and new evos in the pic. If Mitsubishi wants the enthusiast crowd hooked then another option is to release something on the lines of the Ralliart. It will be cheaper and yet offer most of the thrills of the Evo.
Old 27th March 2009, 21:49   #214
Senior - BHPian

^ Nope all the lancers in the above pic are the new EVO X.see carefully.
Old 27th March 2009, 22:17   #215
Senior - BHPian

The Evo X,sadly will find very few takers in India.Its an out & out enthusiasts car.People who really understand the Evo brand will go for it.and at 35lacs..it'll find no takers.At that price you could have the BMW 325i or the C230.Why would a level headed Indian bloke buy a Mitsu at 35lacs when he can plonk a fast Beemer.Mitsubishi should launch the new Lancer at about 13 lacs....and think about the Evo later on(given their current state in India).
Old 27th March 2009, 22:23   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
The Evo X,sadly will find very few takers in India.Its an out & out enthusiasts car.People who really understand the Evo brand will go for it.and at 35lacs..it'll find no takers.At that price you could have the BMW 325i or the C230.Why would a level headed Indian bloke buy a Mitsu at 35lacs when he can plonk a fast Beemer.Mitsubishi should launch the new Lancer at about 13 lacs....and think about the Evo later on(given their current state in India).
I agree with you. It doesn't make sense spending that kind of money on a Mitsubishi. If the Lancer ES/GT makes it under Rs 14-15 lakhs, it would be a decent buy.
Old 27th March 2009, 22:27   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
^ Nope all the lancers in the above pic are the new EVO X.see carefully.
Yes, my mistake there! So its not an EVO meet but an EVO X meet. I wonder why a lot of them dont have the hood scoop though.
Old 27th March 2009, 23:33   #218
BHPian

Too expensive for a Mitsubishi, we as Indians will still go for the BMW at that range.

It's lame we still are offered the old lancer.
Old 28th March 2009, 00:38   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Too expensive for a Mitsubishi, we as Indians will still go for the BMW at that range.

It's lame we still are offered the old lancer.
Its not a car that targets the BMW demographic to be honest. If you compare an Evo to a non M BMW, you obviously have no clue about what the car is capable of .
Old 28th March 2009, 02:58   #220
BHPian

EVO n bmw? Ha ha ha! Evo is not for the conscious buyer...its for the conscious driver.
Old 28th March 2009, 06:08   #221
Senior - BHPian

Evo is not a car. Its a sports car. One doesnt pay for sound insulation but the sound it makes.
Old 28th March 2009, 06:28   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Evo is not a car. Its a sports car. One doesnt pay for sound insulation but the sound it makes.
I so totally agree with that statement. Its worth every buck you pay for, and I dont think even if it is introduced it will be looked at as a "break sales records" car, rather it will be a selling point for the normal Lancer ES, since it has strong cues form the Evo X, It will ride on it's big bros image!
Old 28th March 2009, 14:38   #223
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Its high time Mitsubishi gather some balls and go at the market alone rather than tagging the tumor called HM along. As a car maker HM must have the worst foresight. Its still stubborn that the Ambassador is a viable product. They have no understanding of the modern Indian market and never will.
Firstly every time HM Mitsubishi launches a model in India, its already on the last stages of its cycle and the replacement is ready in other markets.

Please Mitsubishi stop listening to HM and launch the new Lancer with a good diesel engine at a sensible price and watch things turn around, oh yes, to top that with a cherry the Evo will be a nice addition.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:03   #224
BANNED

i recently email mitsu guys and got this reply..

"Dear Sir,
Thank you for showing interest in Mitsubishi Lancer.
It is our constant effort to bring world-class, latest products to India from the famed Mitsubishi stable. The New Mitsubishi Lancer is a very important part of our plans for Indian market. However the details of the launch and the product are not decided yet.
The New Lancer would borrow its striking looks from the Lancer Evolution X.
Keep visiting Mitsubishi for the latest on Mitsubishi Motors in India

Thanks & Regards"

Last edited by monty9991 : 9th April 2009 at 21:05.
Old 13th April 2009, 10:36   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
i recently email mitsu guys and got this reply..

The New Lancer would borrow its striking looks from the Lancer Evolution X.
I had visited the Mitsubishi showroom on saturday and they told me the same thing. Expected early 2010 and priced around 15L. Anyway, too early to speculate
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks