Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2020, 17:28   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Innova Crysta BS6 Diesel to come only with 2.4L engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASPradeep View Post
Couple of days back, dealer has called and confirmed that my new BS6 Innova crysta GX has arrived.

In the last photo you can see the blue coloured DPF. You also get a DPF button on the right of steering wheel. I don’t know the technical stuff here. But reading how to use the DPF from user manual, I’m bit scared. Have not taken delivery yet. But will get it this week after RTO registration. Fingers crossed.

This forum really spooky for me now
What does the user manual say?

As per my understanding you don't need to use the DPF button if you're driving is not restricted to city only. Highway driving results in automatic DPF regeneration as the rpm's are higher and enough fuel is injected to burn soot.

However if your car is used in city for longer duration then the DPF warning light on cluster will come on. Once on you need to stop the car in an open area and run the DPF regeneration cycle for 20mins or so. ECU takes care of injecting fuel at higher rpm and performing the DPF regeneration.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:58   #92
BHPian

Quote:
You also get a DPF button on the right of steering wheel
Thats not a DPF button. It is the DISP button to change the MID information. Zoomed in on your images to see this.
Old 24th February 2020, 16:09   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thats not a DPF button. It is the DISP button to change the MID information. Zoomed in on your images to see this.
Did he mean to the right of the steering ?
The DPF button that is seen on Hilux seems to suggest that

Innova Crysta BS6 Diesel to come only with 2.4L engine-dpf_button.jpg

Last edited by amalji : 24th February 2020 at 16:12.
Old 24th February 2020, 17:30   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Did he mean to the right of the steering ?
There is no image of buttons on right of the steering and he specifically mentioned "on the steering".
Old 24th February 2020, 18:08   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
There is no image of buttons on right of the steering and he specifically mentioned "on the steering".
The button is located near the right knee area like the one shown by Amalji and since it's not something one would use regularly it is located quite discreetly.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 18:22   #96
BHPian

Innova Crysta BS6 Diesel to come only with 2.4L engine-imageuploadedbyteambhp1582548682.760771.jpg

A screenshot from my BS6 fortuner, there is a note on the door about DPF.
motorheart is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 11:43   #97
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta may not get 2.8L diesel engine option

According to a media report, Toyota might not offer the 2.8-litre diesel engine in the Innova Crysta.

Innova Crysta BS6 Diesel to come only with 2.4L engine-toyotainnovacrysta02.jpg

It has been reported that the demand for the 2.4-litre diesel engine was higher than the larger capacity unit. The other reason why Toyota will no longer offer the 2.8-litre engine on the Innova Crysta is because the switch to BS6 norms has already pushed the prices of the model higher.

Earlier this year, Toyota launched Innova Crysta BS6 with a single 2.4-litre diesel engine option. It produces 148 BHP @ 3,400 rpm and 360 Nm @ 1,400-2,600 rpm. In the manual variants, the engine makes 343 Nm @ 1,400-2,800 rpm. The engine is mated to either a 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

The Innova Crysta is also available with a 2.7-litre petrol engine that makes 164 BHP @ 5,200 rpm and 245 Nm @ 4,000 rpm.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
Old 9th April 2020, 12:55   #98
BHPian

Toyota India is just greedy and after profits and nothing else. They could launch the 2.8 and could even keep the prices the same as the Innova is already expensive and other than reliability the interior dashboard is very underwhelming and quality of plastics is also so so. They should be launching corolla hybrid, the CHR, RAV4, they have many products but in India they just believing in milking milking milking till the cow has died of exhaustion. Sad and disappointing behaviour from such a global leader.
M00M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 13:08   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Couple of days back, dealer has called and confirmed that my new BS6 Innova crysta GX has arrived.

In the last photo you can see the blue coloured DPF. You also get a DPF button on the right of steering wheel. I don’t know the technical stuff here. But reading how to use the DPF from user manual, I’m bit scared. Have not taken delivery yet. But will get it this week after RTO registration. Fingers crossed.
Congrats.

And where's this DPF button you speak of? Thats the Display button.
Attached Thumbnails
Innova Crysta BS6 Diesel to come only with 2.4L engine-disp.jpg  

Old 28th April 2020, 13:23   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Congrats.

And where's this DPF button you speak of? Thats the Display button.
IT's on the right of the steering on the dash as seen in photo few posts earlier:

Innova Crysta BS6 Diesel to come only with 2.4L engine-dpf_button.jpg
Old 28th April 2020, 13:55   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
IT's on the right of the steering on the dash as seen in photo few posts earlier:

[ATTACH=dpf_button.jpg]1999759[/ATTACH
Pretty sure that image is of a Toyota Hilux, and not of an Innova.
Old 28th April 2020, 14:43   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't have the picture with me, but Innova BS6 does come with DPF button. It is located next to parking sensor power off/on.
Old 28th April 2020, 14:53   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure that Toyota is not going to reposition that to the steering wheel just for India and from 2 cars which share similar mechanicals.

In any case here's the button in the BS6 innova which should clear your doubts. Same place above the bonnet release latch:

Innova Crysta BS6 Diesel to come only with 2.4L engine-whatsapp-image-20200428-14.52.13.jpeg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th April 2020 at 14:54.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 08:28   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Diesel with DPF is a huge risk. I'll prefer a petrol or hybrid over a diesel engine with DPF anyday. A nice explanation here -

The DPF seems to be a real limiting factor on Diesel engines. It seems to be a patchy afterthought fix for an inherent design problem ( that Diesels cannot be made Euro 6 compliant ). In 2 to 3 years, the problems that the Australian customers are facing could be ours. Is it the start of the end for Diesel engines ?
I have been working with DPFs for the last 20 years. There are many materials used for DPFs and it is calibration dependent. Euro 6 calibrations are well matured. Companies with country specific calibration and the right material work well. I would request you not to demonise DPFs, since they are working great globally for most platforms and allow for 99% reduction in PM. They have been loaded with SCR coating to perform for both PM and NOx reduction.

In India Compass 4X4 has a DPF since BS 4. Kia Seltos are doing great too. Going forward all Petrol GDI engines will also be getting GPFs. Both DPF and GPF are here to stay for an IC Engine.

All trucks, pick ups and Diesel Cars have been using DPFs.
We need to get used to minor usage changes, once done, they are good. Please let me know if I can help technically.

Last edited by ajmat : 30th April 2020 at 12:41. Reason: Removing quoted post video link
athalaga is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 16:49   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
I have been working with DPFs for the last 20 years. There are many materials used for DPFs and it is calibration dependent. Euro 6 calibrations are well matured. Companies with country specific calibration and the right material work well. I would request you not to demonise DPFs, since they are working great globally for most platforms and allow for 99% reduction in PM. They have been loaded with SCR coating to perform for both PM and NOx reduction.

In India Compass 4X4 has a DPF since BS 4. Kia Seltos are doing great too. Going forward all Petrol GDI engines will also be getting GPFs. Both DPF and GPF are here to stay for an IC Engine.

All trucks, pick ups and Diesel Cars have been using DPFs.
We need to get used to minor usage changes, once done, they are good. Please let me know if I can help technically.
Thank you for the information. With what I have read ( regarding how DPF works, and what the experience is for many of the people who have made the DPF jump already ), the reliability looks too much of a chance for me. I will prefer an electric/hybrid/petrol without a mechanism similar to that of a DPF any day atleast for personal use. Again, this is my personal opinion. I might be wrong and I pray that I'm proved wrong because Diesel engines offers a livelihood for many in our country.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks