Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 08:16   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross spotted in India

Rumoured to be launching in India, the SUV is spotted here. Launch expected in 2020.

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross spotted in India-mitsubishieclipsecross2020indiaspyshot.jpg

Quote:
The Japanese carmaker is giving final touches to Eclipse Cross and changes are being incorporated to meet the latest standards mandated by Indian authorities.

Mitsubishi Eclipse India specific version will be a five-seat SUV will also feature BS-6 compliant engines which mean the company needs to integrate a host of technological upgradation to motors. Besides, the SUV will come equipped with a speed warning alert, a seat belt reminder system, and an onboard diagnostic system. These extra additions are currently being incorporated in Eclipse Cross and it is expected that by 2020, the SUV will walk into the market
Quote:
In terms of size and dimension, Eclipse Cross will dwarf Hyundai Creta and Jeep Compass

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th December 2019 at 08:18.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 09:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross spotted in India

Wow, one of the rare times that an international model I like is being launched in India.

Though to be frank, if you remove the see through glass panel (a la Prius) in the tailgate and the HUD display popping in and out of the dashboard, I couldn't care less. Afterall, Mitsubishi is almost like a more official car importer than auto company in India. Hope it changes soon.

About the model, it's the more popular one in the present sorry state of Mitsubishi's lineup. Has a 2.2 diesel with auto. Could very well be the game changer for Mitsubishi India, if they could find daring buyers.

I mean, buying a Fiat or Nissan would be mainstream compared to buying a Mitsubishi in India right now.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 10:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

I'd not use a Mistubishi even if someone paid me to use one. Amazing cars ruined by bad dealers and service centers. I speak as an ex-owner. All I can say is that buy this car if you can tinker and fix things by yourself.
reignofchaos is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 12:40   #4
BHPian

So I guess, they would now be revamping their dealer and A.S.S footprint, to launch this New 2020 Eclipse?
As haven't seen any dealerships around in the last couple of years
Old 18th December 2019, 13:16   #5
BHPian

Seems like they've forgotten about the Pajero Sport. However capable as the Eclipse is, it will not succeed until Mitsubishi sets up a proper dealership network. Mr. (Uttam) Bose needs to take some proper steps to do the above and set up a proper service network.

Dear Mitsubishi, when will you launch the Pajero Sport? Where is the Xpander and the Mirage? You have fans in India who are waiting for you to give what the enthusiasts want!
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 14:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for being way off topic and risking an infraction, but I like the statement in the opening post - "the SUV will walk into the market". Aptly describes the state of affairs at Mitsubishi India So sad for a company that makes wonderful cars.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 18th December 2019 at 14:07.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 14:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to be a spoilsport here, but the truck carrying it seems to have NL passing. Sure, it is not heading to Bhutan or Nepal?
amtak is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 14:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Mitsu Who?? Mitsubishi is even 'deader' than Nissan and Datsun. Almost all dealerships are closed, even in Chennai where their products are assembled they don't have a presence. Mitsubishi is 'surely' going to be "Eclipse"d from the Indian market.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th December 2019 at 09:14. Reason: A word.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 15:27   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Sure, it is not heading to Bhutan or Nepal?
Most definitely the case. I don't think there is any chance of launching this out here. Supporting such a car would require huge investments & commitment, something Mitsubishi India simply doesn't have.

This particular example is en route someplace else.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 19:43   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Most definitely the case. I don't think there is any chance of launching this out here. Supporting such a car would require huge investments & commitment, something Mitsubishi India simply doesn't have.

This particular example is en route someplace else.
It's either that or maybe Mitsubishi is just testing it in Indian conditions for a launch elsewhere in a country with similar conditions (Latin America?).
Old 19th December 2019, 00:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

The vehicles that make their way to Nepal/Bhutan, through India do not have their badges masked.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 08:06   #12
BHPian

Interesting development. Wondering, if this is also correlated with below comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
About 3-4 months ago, just on a whim of buying a pajero sport, I tried contacting Mitsubishi and after much Google searching and online digging came across a Mitsubishi India number. They said that Pajero Sport is no longer being sold and that showrooms across India are being shut but the plan for 2020 is to introduce the newer Pajero Sport (known in some markets as Montero Sports) and also the Xpander series.

Can't confirm or remember who it was that I spoke too but that's what was told to me.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 19th December 2019 at 08:08. Reason: Typo
Old 19th December 2019, 10:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Sorry to be a spoilsport here, but the truck carrying it seems to have NL passing. Sure, it is not heading to Bhutan or Nepal?
NL registered vehicles are plenty in every state as the RTO charges for registration is very low.

Though, I too believe that this vehicle is not meant for India.

That said, Mitsubushi Eclipse has regularly won the ugliest rear contest and this car mounts a strong challenge to similarly panned Nissan Juke.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wok685p/

The Grand Tour awarded it the ugliest rear award during Season 2( notwithstanding, it is an entertainment show rather than just a car show).
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross spotted in India-588369d6a61e6e476ff325ce3cda9917.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2019 at 09:36. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 20th December 2019, 13:27   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Interesting development. Wondering, if this is also correlated with below comment
Oh yes! He had mentioned 3 of them - Pajero Sport, Xpander and Eclipse! So i guess there was some truth after all in what he told me!
Ashwin Morey is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 20:05   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Oh yes! He had mentioned 3 of them - Pajero Sport, Xpander and Eclipse! So i guess there was some truth after all in what he told me!

Pajero Sport & Xpander make sense but why Eclipse ?

Most Viewed