Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 23:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda India now offers 10-year warranty!

There may be riders and fine print. But appreciate Honda to come out and say it loud that we care for the customers.

With the competition, soon there will be days where we would buy cars with 5 years of standard warranty and 5 years of extended warranty on chargeable basis. This is good news for people who treat their cars like a family member and keeps it well maintained for eternity.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 14:29   #32
BANNED

Look at the numbers in instrument console. I am surprised that official Honda website is using mirrored image of left hand drive car. Didn't they get one photo of right hand drive honda car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Thanks to BHPian vsrivatsa for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!

Honda is now offering anytime warranty up to 10 years / 1,20,000 km on its cars.

Last edited by GTO : 12th December 2019 at 09:42. Reason: Removing dead attachment tag
Old 11th December 2019, 15:08   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSK123 View Post
Look at the numbers in instrument console. I am surprised that official Honda website is using mirrored image of left hand drive car. Didn't they get one photo of right hand drive honda car?
nice catch. This certainly makes me think of going to them for a 7-seater. Out current Honda City resembles a blanket made of patches of leftover clothes and is past its due for upgrades.
Old 11th December 2019, 15:44   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
My 2017 Honda City is covered with 3+2 years warranty till 2022.

How and when should I get this warranty? As of now, I plan to keep this car at least 7-8 years.
As per company website:

• When can I buy the Extended Warranty?
The best time to buy the extended warranty is while buying your car. You can also buy your extended warranty later on, so long as the car is still under the new vehicle warranty. However, buying the plan later on implies a higher cost than when buying along with the new car.

You may also refer company website for more details.
Old 11th December 2019, 17:40   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here's the full press release that just came in. Talk about taking care of your customers - one can get this extended warranty even after expiration of the standard warranty

Oh man, what I wouldn't give for 10-year warranty on my cars. This is incredible. Take a bow, Honda!

Quote:
Honda Cars India introduces Industry First Any Time Warranty Program upto 10 years

New Delhi, December 11, 2019: Reinforcing its commitment towards customer delight and enhancing ownership experience, Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL), leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, launched a first of its kind Any Time Warranty offering that can be bought by the customer annually till 10 years of vehicle usage from time of first purchase. This is the longest warranty coverage available from any auto brand in India and is also transferable with change in ownership.

HCIL was the first manufacturer in the industry to offer Any Time Warranty upto 7 years in 2014 and now is expanding the offering till 10 years in yet another industry first move. This new warranty package will not only reduce the total cost of ownership of the car but will also augment the resale value.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Rajesh Goel, Sr. Vice President & Director, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd, said, “We strive towards having customers for Life. In line with this commitment, Honda has introduced the industry first Anytime Warranty Program upto 10 years for our customers. This programme is a testimony to the brand attributes of Durability, Quality and Reliability associated with Honda cars and we believe it will further enhance peace of mind to our customers.”

About Any Time Warranty by Honda Cars India

It’s a unique program introduced first time in Indian Automotive Industry. This program gives a coverage of "1 Year / 20,000 Kms". The eligible criteria to get this program is Vehicle age less than 10 Years (from policy start date) and Odometer reading less than 1,20,000 Kms from new vehicle sale date. The customer can opt for this program anytime even after expiry of Standard Warranty / Extended Warranty. The vehicle will be required to qualify a formal inspection by authorised dealer in case of a break in warranty and preventive maintenance service. Under the Any Time Warranty, the dealer will repair or replace any part which proves to be defective within the limits of Any Time Warranty (Terms & Conditions applicable) at no charges to the customer for parts and labor.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 20:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

A good move by Honda!

With manufacturers supporting warranty extensions up to 10 years, consumers will gain confidence to retain their vehicles for longer duration.

Though it is too early to expect, manufacturers must make longer duration warranties as a standard because still for a section of consumers, buying warranties doesn't make sense!
Old 11th December 2019, 20:47   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice on paper, but we need to read the fine print - the car needs to be serviced/inspected at mandated intervals in order to qualify for free repairs/replacement of parts. 10 years of putting up with Honda's customer unfriendly dealerships. Whoa!
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 01:47   #38
BHPian

Can this be taken for a car purchased in 2018 as well ? My car is only little more than one year old now. Does it make sense to go for this now or wait till the completion of 5 years ?

I checked with the Honda dealer whether discontinuation of Honda BRV will affect my warranty, repair, etc. They said, not at all, the service will continue for all existing vehicles and if a parts is not available, then it would be manufactured and sent to the service center upon order. So, I agree with the comment on this forum, discontinuation of a model does not states that the warranty is void on the car.
Old 12th December 2019, 11:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Nice on paper, but we need to read the fine print - the car needs to be serviced/inspected at mandated intervals in order to qualify for free repairs/replacement of parts. 10 years of putting up with Honda's customer unfriendly dealerships. Whoa!
Not necessary. As per press release shared by GTO, there is option given in case there is break in warranty and preventive maintenance service. Also, sri_tesla has got his hands on the warranty cost table for Customers "B" i.e. with Break in Warranty or Improper SVC records.

Quote:
It’s a unique program introduced first time in Indian Automotive Industry. This program gives a coverage of "1 Year / 20,000 Kms". The eligible criteria to get this program is Vehicle age less than 10 Years (from policy start date) and Odometer reading less than 1,20,000 Kms from new vehicle sale date. The customer can opt for this program anytime even after expiry of Standard Warranty / Extended Warranty. The vehicle will be required to qualify a formal inspection by authorised dealer in case of a break in warranty and preventive maintenance service. Under the Any Time Warranty, the dealer will repair or replace any part which proves to be defective within the limits of Any Time Warranty (Terms & Conditions applicable) at no charges to the customer for parts and labor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 17:18   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Not necessary. As per press release shared by GTO, there is option given in case there is break in warranty and preventive maintenance service. Also, sri_tesla has got his hands on the warranty cost table for Customers "B" i.e. with Break in Warranty or Improper SVC records.
I speak as an ex-Honda car owner.

Please read the fine print again. Improper or missing service records does not mean Honda permits a car owner to take the vehicle to a FNG. This is not a carte blanche for owners to do as they wish when the car is covered by the manufacturer for 10 long years.

Trust me, if they suspect the car has been serviced, adjusted or maintained by a 3rd party or discover the use of aftermarket spares they may not honour warranty claims.

It is better if these points are clarified from the dealer or Honda India, preferably in writing, before assuming any thing.

Last edited by R2D2 : 12th December 2019 at 17:30. Reason: typo corrections
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:27   #41
BHPian

I had given my Jazz (2nd gen) for 40,000 kms service and enquired with the SA regarding the warranty offered. My car warranty expired in February 2020 and the price for one year warranty quoted was ₹8300 (including GST). The price was steeper by ₹800 owing to the break in the warranty from February 2020. It covers most of the engine, AC, transmission, electrical repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda India now offers 10-year warranty!-1image.jpg  

MDED is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:42   #42

Quick query here though: The warranty states a limitation of 10 years/120,000 kms. So, if lets say in the 8-9th year, one decides to get the warranty at 1,19,000 KM on the odo for eg., will Honda cover the car for another 20K KMs/1 year (i.e till 1,40,000 KM)? Curious to know the thoughts on this one.
Old 24th July 2022, 18:39   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I speak as an ex-Honda car owner.

Trust me, if they suspect the car has been serviced, adjusted or maintained by a 3rd party or discover the use of aftermarket spares they may not honour warranty claims.

It is better if these points are clarified from the dealer or Honda India, preferably in writing, before assuming any thing.
This is causing me a lot dilemma as well on whether to go for these extended warranties or not, or just keep it simple with the standard 3 year warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Oh man, what I wouldn't give for 10-year warranty on my cars. This is incredible. Take a bow, Honda!
It would be very helpful if someone can clarify in simple terms (not the detailed T&C) on what comes under this Honda warranty, what is excluded, and what does the owner have to do to ensure he is not 'disqualified' from it at the time of need (despite having paid for it).
Old 24th July 2022, 19:27   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
This is causing me a lot dilemma as well on whether to go for these extended warranties or not, or just keep it simple with the standard 3 year warranty.
Ok, this is the way I see it. Cars are only getting more complicated every few years with add-ons in terms of transmission and engine technology + entertainment and navigation systems and God knows what other extras.

Thing is, as a result of this, car manufacturers are getting more and more particular about factory and extended warranty terms and conditions. No company would like to bear the risk of an owner who does not follow the laid down maintenance and replacement guidelines. Not just that, they are also quite suspicious of maintenance procedures by third parties and manufacturers won't hesitate to declare a fault or failure as not covered by warranty should it, solely in their judgement, be caused by factors not covered in the T&C. It does not matter whether a warranty is factory or extended..read the fine print and follow the requirements because they will more often than not reject a claim. Exceptions may be there on a case by case basis but they are not the rule. Play safe.

Quote:
It would be very helpful if someone can clarify in simple terms (not the detailed T&C) on what comes under this Honda warranty, what is excluded, and what does the owner have to do to ensure he is not 'disqualified' from it at the time of need (despite having paid for it).
The best source of this information is the T&C statement and if you have any doubts or need clarifications ask the dealer or the manufacturer's customer care. Its best done on email so you have a record of the communication.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 19:43   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, this is the way I see it. Cars are only getting more complicated every few years with add-ons in terms of transmission and engine technology + entertainment and navigation systems and God knows what other extras.
I understand & thanks for the quick reply. But here is my dilemma -

I also read on some other threads that if you miss your servicing-schedule, that too is a reason for declining warranties.
That is an issue for me since my running is going to be very low (I have done 10K in 7 years with my current Swift), because of which I don't see the point of servicing every 3-4 months. I will end up doing servicing with barely a few hundred km run between services.

So after the 1st yr (or after I am done with the free services), I feel I am going to incur more costs in doing these 'frequent' scheduled services as per the schedule, just so that I am eligible for a warranty claim, if/when it happens.

It feels like a dammed if I do, dammed if I don't kind of situation for me

plz advise

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks