Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 10:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda India now offers 10-year warranty!

Did anyone of you able to get the warranty coverage by any chance . Earlier Honda was offering only manufacturing defects (that too only on Engine and transmission) in their extended warranty. (this was the case when we bought our city in 2005)
Old 10th December 2019, 10:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Update on my previous post.

Yup my Civic does qualify for the Anytime warranty upto 10 years. The figure I have to pay for this year is Rs. 25,034/- + taxes.

Im sure the amount varies from model to model

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Did anyone of you able to get the warranty coverage by any chance . Earlier Honda was offering only manufacturing defects (that too only on Engine and transmission) in their extended warranty. (this was the case when we bought our city in 2005)
They have covered my car for all major part failures no questions asked : AC cooling coil, power steering pump, even the key transmitter

Last edited by Dippy : 10th December 2019 at 10:29.
Dippy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 11:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Not sure why model discontinuation should affect buying EW. A manufacturer has to commit to 15 years of spare parts availability after discontinuing a model; so, when parts are available, getting them replaced through EW wouldn't be a problem at all.
Very true, the only catch is per the motor vehicle act it ensures the availability of spares but does not lock the price. Unless there is ample parts sharing between models the same spare can cost double after 10 years if it's is produced only on demand for a sepcific model that is no longer is production, my own experience with of course Hyundai says that same. Also at times the time a car stays at the workshop can increase if the spares need to be ordered from factory or another network workshop and remember customer pays this transport cost too.
Old 10th December 2019, 11:29   #19
BHPian

Spoke to my dealer but he had no idea - is CVT gearbox also covered by the Anytime Warranty. Please share if you get any info on this.
Old 10th December 2019, 11:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Very true, the only catch is per the motor vehicle act it ensures the availability of spares but does not lock the price. Unless there is ample parts sharing between models the same spare can cost double after 10 years if it's is produced only on demand for a sepcific model that is no longer is production, my own experience with of course Hyundai says that same. Also at times the time a car stays at the workshop can increase if the spares need to be ordered from factory or another network workshop and remember customer pays this transport cost too.
Doesn't it make more sense then to buy the extended warranty for a model that may soon go out of production? The owner won't have to worry about sourcing spare parts or its price.
Old 10th December 2019, 11:52   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Also at times the time a car stays at the workshop can increase if the spares need to be ordered from factory or another network workshop and remember customer pays this transport cost too.
I don't think so. I've owned a Corsa, the manufacturer of which shut shop in India just after I bought the car. On instances throughout the next five years, whenever spares were necessary but unavailable where I dropped the car, they were procured by the A.S.S. at their cost. I always paid the same amount, regardless of whether in warranty (cost = 0 to me) or not, whether they had it stock or not.

Even with the EcoSport, the A.S.S. procured a part from another dealer in another city at their cost (might have billed Ford).
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 15:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I got ECM replaced for our Honda Brio last month under extended warranty. As long as you do not skip a service they will honour the warranty without a fuss. Car is a little less than 4 years old.
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 16:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
I got ECM replaced for our Honda Brio last month under extended warranty. As long as you do not skip a service they will honour the warranty without a fuss. Car is a little less than 4 years old.
ECM should be part of Engine , but I am more curious about wiring and other electronics parts like combination switch, A/C, Power windows etc .. Do you have the warranty coverage letter and which says about the exclusions
Old 10th December 2019, 17:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
This is a good step by Honda, nothing shows a manufacturer has confidence in their product like extended warranty does. Honda has knocked this out of the park, helps me immensely as I am looking for a pre-loved City CVT.
On a secondary note, am I the only one that thinks the banner image is a mirror image, lifted from a left hand drive car?

Cheers
Old 10th December 2019, 18:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

This is brilliant ! I too had warranty till 7th year in my Civic which expired last August. Now I can increase it till 10 years.

The only drawback is that Civic service is every 3 months. And with my running of only 2-300 kms a month it is a heartache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Anytime warranty gives a coverage of 1 year / 20,000 km. For a car to be eligible, its age should be less than 7 years from the policy start date and its odometer reading should not exceed 1,00,000 km from the vehicle sale date.
Btw is for cars upto 10 years and less than 1.2L kms.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 10th December 2019 at 18:17.
Old 10th December 2019, 18:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I don't think so. I've owned a Corsa, the manufacturer of which shut shop in India just after I bought the car. On instances throughout the next five years, whenever spares were necessary but unavailable where I dropped the car, they were procured by the A.S.S. at their cost. I always paid the same amount, regardless of whether in warranty (cost = 0 to me) or not, whether they had it stock or not.

Even with the EcoSport, the A.S.S. procured a part from another dealer in another city at their cost (might have billed Ford).
I am curious, did you keep your car beyond the warranty? How costly was the maintenance then?

The point i am trying to make is that for "Long" out of production vehicles the owner has to take the hit either as expensive parts outside warranty or in lower than usual resale unless they sell it within warranty. In my opinion if it had been chart toppers (their own charts obviously) like the City, AMAZE or even the WRV I think it's worth considering but otherwise for the ones at the bottom like BRV or CRV i would request to reconsider. JAZZ is still not at the bottom but for a 10 lakh hatch where others are making better number in similar price and segment I would consider twice before buying.

If the extended warranty is to stay then i can assume it is the means of boosting sales. But if it is seasonal only then it may very well also be a means to clearing out old stocks.

I do not have anything against Honda and think they make very good cars but they are also bound by the same laws of economics which applies to others. If someone is fine with keeping the cars as much as warranty period it's fine, otherwise if they plan to buy something that they intend to keep beyond warranty then think again. Honda is not Maruti that their parts are cheaper in the first place.
Old 10th December 2019, 19:20   #27
BHPian

I think this is a great move by Honda. I recently picked up a 4-year old sparingly used and very nicely maintained City SV (Petrol) and my car is now eligible for 6 more years of warranty coverage.

I got my car serviced at Solitaire Honda sometime back and asked the service advisor about what is covered in this Anytime Warranty. He said it covers everything except wear and tear parts like brake & suspension components and also the clutch.

It makes sense opting for this cover because certain parts tend to be costly, especially AC components. The steering assembly is covered in the warranty too. Now only if they could do something about the dashboard rattles

Makes sense buying a used Honda too.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 19:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
They have covered my car for all major part failures no questions asked : AC cooling coil, power steering pump, even the key transmitter
OT:
Isn't that a little too much of a failure for a Honda? How many km has it run? Asking, as even my 2011 Italian hasn't seen part failures of that type.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 19:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
OT:
Isn't that a little too much of a failure for a Honda? How many km has it run? Asking, as even my 2011 Italian hasn't seen part failures of that type.
My car is currently at 82,000 kms and is chauffeur driven for my dad since I dont want him to tackle Mumbai traffic nightmares.

About the failures, it hasnt happened in the span of a few months but over a couple of years.
Old 10th December 2019, 22:22   #30
BHPian

Great move by Honda! This inspires confidence in both prospective and current customers. If only the threshold was 1,50,000km instead of 1,20,000km, it would have been an icing on the cake. Nevertheless, I have seen a lot of people who hardly drive their cars for 10,000km in a year and this will definitely cover them.

Further, I think it's time other manufacturers (of even two-wheelers) take cue and follow suit. I see this as a landmark in the Indian car consumer market

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks