Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2019?
Maruti S-Presso 14 0.51%
Maruti WagonR 16 0.58%
Renault Triber 231 8.40%
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 13 0.47%
Hyundai Venue 81 2.94%
Mahindra XUV300 73 2.65%
Nissan Kicks 8 0.29%
Kia Seltos 1499 54.49%
MG Hector 115 4.18%
Tata Harrier 431 15.67%
Honda Civic 57 2.07%
Hyundai Kona 130 4.73%
Toyota Camry 22 0.80%
BMW 3-Series 57 2.07%
Audi A6 4 0.15%
Voters: 2751. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2019, 09:09   #91
anb
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!

I voted for Kona. First proper electric vehicle in India with very good performance and good range. No wonder it sold out quickly.
anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 09:19   #92

Thank You Mods for accepting my membership. I am really excited to write my first post.

By Heart
My Vote goes to Tata Harrier with a hope that BS VI version of the product will be sorted enough for prospective buyers to consider it. (I am also sitting on the fence)

In favor:
1) Design & presence. Looks imposing on street.
2) Space
3) Ride composure
4) Adequate mileage

Against:
1) NVH
2) Overall visibility from inside
3) Short service intervals

By Mind

Kia Seltos: Initially did not liked it because of its small size & bling (I am 6 feet 2), but after seeing so many Seltos on the road, started liking it.

Thanks & Warm Regards

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th December 2019 at 10:17. Reason: Corrected typos and removed unwanted capitalisation. Thanks.
A_KP is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th December 2019, 09:21   #93
BHPian

This year no prize for guessing - it has to be Kia Seltos. It has taken market by storm!

Its success story is surely worthy of admiration. Rarely has a new launch, amid such a bad market condition and fierce competition, performed so well.

As GTO pointed out Seltos has everything on the platter to satisfy your appetite - At availability in both fuel types, dual tone options, appealing entry level pricing (IMHO).

It's Seltos all the way! Though the long term reliability has to be seen in coming days.
Old 7th December 2019, 09:30   #94
BHPian

Test driven both GT and HT variants of Seltos and really liked the drive, features and comfort. But look wise I feel both Hector and Harrier are more attractive than Seltos.

Voted for Seltos, it has truly changed the game and entered the Indian car scenario when it was nose diving.
Old 7th December 2019, 09:30   #95
BHPian

My first COTY vote at Team-bhp!
Voted for Kia Seltos.

I had no confusion in this and guess this will be a simple winner with contenders reaching nowhere nearby. As GTO mentioned, they not only brought a good package for the Indian customers, but brought it in an exceptionally well way that it blew off all the existing market trends! Great job Kia.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th December 2019 at 12:02. Reason: Fixed typo as per reported post
Old 7th December 2019, 09:37   #96
BHPian

Voted for Kia Seltos.

Got it delivered on 23rd of November.

I was really torn between Venue SX, Ecosport Titanium and Creta E+ being on a budget of 12lakhs.

Just had a casual test ride of Seltos for my friend.

The confusion was cleared.

The Space , NVH levels, Power and refinement on offer easily surpassed the contenders.

It was a definite upgrade from Swift VDi.

Now I am a proud owner of Seltos HTE Diesel.Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!-20191123_121259.jpg

Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!-20191201_102639.jpg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th December 2019 at 12:03. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
H Karter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 09:42   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

This is one of those polls where the interest is only in the 2nd and 3rd place. Like our monthly manufacturer chart where no one even looks at who is at the top.

Great start by Kia. Looking forward to Kia's product portfolio. I think their biggest achievement has been the ability to churn out 14-15000 units a month right from the initial months. Has ensured people don't turn away due to unrealistic waiting periods. A bit too expensive in my opinion, but that holds true with most models out there. Extremely well rounded package. Well done Kia.

Have a soft spot for the Triber also. Again a well rounded package in the price bracket. A little surprised to see Hector not being up there on the voting. Kia seems to have stolen the Hector thunder. The Chinese heritage which was discussed here in depth also seems to have turned off the bhpians.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 09:42   #98
BHPian

I have voted for the XUV300 as it is the only car in the segment that provides 7 airbags, 3 pointed seat belt for all 5 passengers and 4 wheel disc brakes. I understand that these are available only on the top end W8(O) variant but at least as a potential customer I have an option to buy a variant with all those safety features. Safety for me is paramount. Everything else takes a backseat.
aveoman19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 09:43   #99
BHPian

I'm not surprised to see the Seltos leading the way by a huge margin. Wouldn't be surprised if other media outlets also adjudged this car to be the best of the year.
Old 7th December 2019, 09:50   #100
BHPian

Voted for the Kona.
I had my mind on multiple options this year. I remember last year, where there was absolutely nothing that I had liked. This year has been impressive. Gorgeous looking Harrier, all rounder Seltos, and the new City car, the Venue all impressed me. This year was of the clean and radical designs.
And in the last Expo, I particularly liked the new Civic. I sat in one and drooled over its awesome driving position. Maybe, if everything goes well, we might even end up buying this one.

However, it's the Kona for me. Again, clean radical lines, Decent size, and most importantly, the future. This possibly is the first car which can totally replace your existing car in every way.

In this age, where new technology can replace you old and make it look obselete in10 years, our IC engines have outshone and outlived their age. It's time someone showed them the door
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 09:51   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted Kia Seltos without even going through the detailed posts on each option. In my opinion- shared by many it seems- it’s a no-brainer.

Based on the pre-launch hype, Tata Harrier could have been a contender but the end product is such a letdown and Tata has nobody but themselves to blame for it. MG Hector is a worthy COTY contender as well and full marks to SAIC for their superlative marketing effort pre- and post-launch.

Worthy mention: Renault Triber. Have to give them credit for creating a new segment: the sub-4m 7-seater and launching it at a mouth watering price point. Just that the underwhelming engine led it down otherwise I may have even voted for that!

Last edited by noopster : 7th December 2019 at 09:52.
Old 7th December 2019, 09:56   #102

My first poll in Team-BHP starting with Team-BHP Car of the Year 2019.
I like to think it this way - the car should deliver something unique in the market which will eventually build something great in the future.
I have compiled a oneliner on each of the cars to reflect my thought-

Maruti S-Presso :
Nothing new, just an alto with a new wrapper(similar to what we do to our books when the cover gets old)
Maruti WagonR :
They did something by giving 1.2 engine but apart from that nothing exciting.
Renault Triber :
Good overall budget package which is a little too underpowered.
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios :
Can you believe the moved to AMT. Demotion
Hyundai Venue :
Definatly worth considering, just feels something missing.
Mahindra XUV300 :
When will you provide a niggle free car with proper interiors. (No offense)
Nissan Kicks :
Had this been a Maruthi or Hyundai product we would have seen charts burning.
Kia Seltos :
Can any company dream of a better product launch, ticks all the right boxes.
MG Hector :
Needs to work more on product branding. (Chinese - this word just doesn't go off the mind even though we have tons of worthy products coming from China)
Tata Harrier :
It started the race before the gun was shot.
Honda Civic :
I still like the old civic. This just doesn't ring the bells.
Hyundai Kona :
We still have time to move. (Don't we always feel 'if we had the proper infrastructure for electric cars')
Toyota Camry :
I didn't hear this product being launched.
BMW 3-Series :
Nothing excitingly new.
Audi A6 :
Should really have some radically new for the premium it charges.
NOTE: I voted for Seltos
MPBNKA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 09:59   #103

The Renault Triber is the COTY for me. The manufacturer has offered a product which is for the middle class. SUV like looks with flexible space management with a price of a hatchback. For most of Indian car buyers one million rupees is beyond their reach. The Triber comes as a decent buy. I wish they had a auto transmission variant too. Hopefully the AT is introduced in Jan 2020. The Maruti Eco is an option but it does not match the ride quality, seating comfort and looks.
SatishBisht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 10:09   #104
BHPian

Voted for the Seltos.
Here's why:
  • Value for money
  • The sheer market acceptance it's got in such less time
  • Has a variant to caters various budgets
  • The road presence
  • The "kill all" pricing

IMHO, except for the TV commercials, they almost got everything right. What remains to be seen is the after sales service and support and how the car holds together after a couple of years of use
Old 7th December 2019, 10:11   #105
Senior - BHPian

The Hyundai Venue is the segment shaker in my opinion. Especially the 1 litre Turbo DCT.
The Brezza has been forced to take notice.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks