Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2019, 16:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault India offering extended warranty up to 7 years

Renault India offering extended Warranty up to 7 years.

Received the following email.

Renault India offering extended warranty up to 7 years-re7yrext.jpg

No news on pricing though.
myavu is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 16:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault India offering extended warranty up to 7 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
[b]Renault India offering extended Warranty up to 7 years.
So is this their way of saying that they are not going to exit India for the next 7 years? In any case its a good move by Renault India and other manufacturers should follow suit. I think only Toyota and VW are offering 7 years extended warranty on their cars in India.
ram87pune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 17:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
So is this their way of saying that they are not going to exit India for the next 7 years?
I bet With cars like Triber, Face-lifted KWID and upcoming E-KWID Renault in not going anywhere.
myavu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 18:25   #4
BHPian

The sister brands like Nissan and Datsun are surely exiting the market given their absolutely dismal performance and not so great products. Further, the brand recall for all these is not great anyways. Renault's has been the saving grace for the group with duster, kwid and now triber leading the charge in India.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th November 2019 at 14:26. Reason: typo edited
Old 19th November 2019, 18:51   #5
BHPian

Renault India is going great lengths to consolidate their position. The recent sales numbers is a shot in the arm to the company that was on a free fall after several duds. This strategy of offering extended warranty is another way of telling the customers that they are here for long term and will compete tough. Kudos to them.
Old 19th November 2019, 19:04   #6
BHPian

Glad to hear that. Would love to extend the warranty of my Duster 2019 up to 7 years (currently 5 years). I love this car and want to keep it for a long time. However, steep cost of spare parts got me worried how would I afford repairs after 5 years. Great move by Renault!
shashankjain16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 14:03   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault India offering extended warranty up to 7 years

Good introduction! Love how more & more manufacturers are offering 7-year warranties. It's a win-win situation - even the dealer is happy since he will get service business for 7 years minimum.

Plus, Renault cars need this long warranty. Some of them have niggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
So is this their way of saying that they are not going to exit India for the next 7 years?
There was never any talk of Renault exiting India. But Nissan, I would say yes.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 14:36   #8
BHPian

What a great way to make additional money for the dealership? Why should it be extended that needs to be separately and not a standard one?
Old 20th November 2019, 15:06   #9
BHPian

Almost all the manufacturers have similar year-wise/distance-wise slabs when it comes to extended warranty schemes after 5th year. This reiterates my understanding that they have tied up with some general insurance company for providing the warranty services. When you buy the warranty package, you are part of the group insurance scheme for which the manufacturer pays a premium to the insurance company. As a blueprint for the scheme already laid, I expect other manufacturers to join this bandwagon soon. It would be a win-win all the parties involved.

In the case of Volkswagen, it is Bajaj Allianz.
I have posted about my recent experience is claiming through extended warranty for my polo here in this post.

Link (Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India)

The invoice was raised to Bajaj Allianz with full amount even though I didn't have to pay any amount.
WhiteFang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 14:32   #10
Team-BHP Support

Just wanted to update an incident involving my cousin's Duster AWD, and it's known issue (of failed injectors). The third party involved (TVS) has been terribly unreasonable and making the customer go round and round, while on a road trip and stuck in the middle of nowhere. Mind you this is not the first time, the car has shown same issue and has been stranded 4 times in the past. Any company worth its reputation would have done a complete replacement of the injectors, but thanks to this nonsense called extended warranty through third party TVS, the owner has to go through constant agony and fear of using the vehicle that has a paid extended warranty for 7 years. All this in spite of being serviced only at dealers and that too more than the prescribed amount of service, like early oil change etc. Now all those proactive maintenances has been sighted as deviations!!

I would suggest strongly to all Renault owners to STAY AWAY from purchasing these scam of an extended warranty policy. For any job more than 20,000 TVS gets involved and their job is to just pull whatever small things available on records (in this case totally wrong info) and then throw it back to deny the claim. Dealer is completely supporting the customer case, but the bloke's at TVS is totally useless and just want to throw incorrect technicalities.

I will be soon putting a detailed point by point thread on this. But once again DO NOT waste your money on this extended warranty from Renault through TVS.

EDIT: Small correction. The extended warranty is renewed for each year and we had taken it for 1 year now and another 2 more to go.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th November 2019 at 14:51.
Jaggu is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:35   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The third party involved (TVS) has been terribly unreasonable and making the customer go round and round, while on a road trip and stuck in the middle of nowhere.
If Renault can't call the shots, it is a wrong partnership, unless, Renault can not design and incorporate the injectors in an efficient manner.

Renault India is confused, at one end, they launch Triber and facelifted Kwid and at one end, the customer support, niggles and this 3rd party vendor thing puts doubts in the mind of the end consumer. There are vendors for a lot of components in vehicles, but apart from Nippon in ICE and Bosch/Mico in injectors, rarely customers know of the 3rd party vendor as the manufacturer calls the shots as far as warranty replacement goes.

Somehow, reminds me of the Hover fiasco with Nissan. Link (Nissan India wants its own dealerships, Hover says NO! EDIT: R-I-P Hover).
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 12:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Price list and details of the Any-Time-Warranty are out:

Renault India offering extended warranty up to 7 years-renaultindia7yearswarrantypriceskwiddusterdetails1.jpg

The warranty covers all major components which include the engine, gearbox, ECM and starter besides the alternator, differential, AC compressor and steering box. Roadside assistance is also a part of this warranty package. This extended warranty covers all Renault vehicles which include the Triber, Lodgy, Duster, Captur and also the Koleos, Fluence and Pulse.

Renault India offering extended warranty up to 7 years-renaultindia7yearswarrantypriceskwiddusterdetails2.jpg

In the case of vehicles that have been serviced at third party garages, these prices range from Rs. 8,390. In the case of the Koleos, Fluence and Pulse which have been discontinued from the company lineup, the extended warranty pack (for existing owners) is priced from Rs. 7,820 to Rs. 94,810 and will be as per model, year of coverage and service history.

Along with the Anytime Warranty Plan, Renault India is also offering cash discounts on the Renault Duster, Kwid and Captur through the month of November 2019. Buyers of the Duster can avail benefits upto Rs.1.25 lakhs in addition to loyalty bonus of Rs.10,000 and Rs.20,000 as exchange.

Source: Rushlane
wheelguy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 13:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
[left]Price list and details of the Any-Time-Warranty are out:

The warranty covers all major components which include the engine, gearbox, ECM and starter besides the alternator, differential, AC compressor and steering box. Roadside assistance is also a part of this warranty package. This extended warranty covers all Renault vehicles which include the Triber, Lodgy, Duster, Captur and also the Koleos, Fluence and Pulse.
Can you please share the prices for the Triber if you have got one? I think that it has been left out being a new model!
Old 27th November 2019, 13:48   #14
BHPian

Did they forget to include Captur
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 13:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Can you please share the prices for the Triber if you have got one? I think that it has been left out being a new model!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Did they forget to include Captur
For reasons unknown they didn't include pricing for Triber and Captur.
wheelguy is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks