Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2019, 16:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford is evaluating a Marazzo-based MPV for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Ford already have a MPV similar to Marazzo in their portfolio internationally, its called the S max. It could be a good product for India
I think this render is partially based on the S Max itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ford needs more cars in the MUV & SUV segments as it's pretty much given up on hatchbacks & sedans.
Ford has some decent SUVs/MUVs/Pickups in their global portfolio. They'd be wise to arrange a happy marriage of one of those with the Marazzo-base. Could turn out to be one helluva looker and performer.
Old 4th November 2019, 17:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I haven't been on this Marazzo for long, but from my short experience the car feels incredibly refined both inside and out(feels like a petrol at times)

As others pointed out, this car lacked a competent auto gearbox but then not sure if the segment really needs it. From Innova to Ertiga the sales are mostly for the manual.
the pricing on the automatics in this segment is SIMPLY INSANE. It's a big reason why the sales are mostly manual. You don't get autos on 2.4L Innovas and u don't get a full op Ertiga with an auto either. Mazarro has no auto on offer. I still don't see any reason why Mazarro has to delay its automatic launch any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Marazzo is a good quality product and the Ford version rendered by ACI looks decent to my eyes.

But Ford has to do better than AMT gearboxes! While adopting the Mahindra platforms - they have to differentiate themselves than just by a different top-hat.
..they cannot simply afford to shove in an AMT, it will be a rather jarring experience.

From the way I see it, it would make more sense for Mahindra to continue focusing on the MUVs/SUVs, while the JV can concentrate on other segment offerings including EVs. Not badge engineering or competing product lines.
Old 4th November 2019, 18:54   #18
BHPian

I have loved the Marazzo! I would love to see it in the Ford badge and add some Ford DNA to it in terms of interiors and handling.
arvindmanju is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks