• Multi Function Steering Wheel
  • Electronic Stability Program
  • Automatic Headlamps
  • Front & Rear Parking Sensors
  • 10.25 inch HD Touchscreen
  • Automatic Climate Control
  • Leather Wrapped Door Armrest
  • Keyless Entry & Go

Kia will be pricing the Sonet competitively. While Media have speculated starting price of 8 lakhs, it will be much lower if Kia offers 1.2 Petrol as entry engine option.

Rumours are that Kia is also thinking of the 1.5 Petrol on Top Trims and 1.2 For Base Trims. While 1.0 Turbo Petrol & 1.5 Diesel have been confirmed. iVT will be offered with 1.5 Petrol (If Finalized) while 1.0 will come with iMT & DCT. Diesel will have Manual, Automatic is also on cards to have 1st Mover Advantage.

Variant spread will be like Seltos, many variants with various engine options to choose from.

On August 7th, Kia will unveil the Sonet and will also confirm us Drivetrain Options and Feature Highlights.

Sorry for not able to give enough details due to my Birdie being in Home Quarantine.
CarguyNish is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 03:54   #213
BHPian

Re: The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled

If they give it the 1.5 na Petrol motor, that would set the cat among pigeons! Of course pricing will be a factor, but no other sub-4m pseudo SUV has a 1.5 na petrol heart except the Brezza & EcoSport (3 cyl). I like the c-pillar design, throwback to the 90s designs, well executed.
Old 25th July 2020, 06:54   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

I am definitely not a fan of KIA's console system, which can best be described as extra wide, like a 27:9 aspect ratio screen jutting out on top of the dash. When the lights come on, you can clearly see the divide of a deeper, recessed instrument cluster and the flatter, front facing infotainment screen. Also in this it seems they've made a mini partition at the far right corner to activate the basic info and door open indicator without having to put the key in, looks even more aftermarket.

Also in the Seltos, that screen & console, though well screwed in and put together, creaks and groans when tested at the borders, should be no different here. While the doorpads, seats and other stuff look top class, almost Audi-ish, the console kills it completely. The Venue is far more of a traditional car between the two, albeit with a slightly boring design.

The era for bargains is now, if KIA can really bring an aggressive price to the table for the first 2-3 months or 20-25k bookings, this should dominate from the get go, my thinking is more on the lines of about 12.5L top end petrol DCT, fully loaded, on-road Bangalore (since Bangalore has highest road taxes on earth), other cities should be cheaper by about 40/50k.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 07:13   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
my thinking is more on the lines of about 12.5L top end petrol DCT, fully loaded, on-road Bangalore (since Bangalore has highest road taxes on earth), other cities should be cheaper by about 40/50k.
Well the top of the line Venue DCT costs around 14.5 on road Bangalore, missing all of those features including 6 airbags, its literally impossible for top DCT fully loaded Sonet to be priced at 12.5L on road. If at all they give a top variant with all bells and whistles on the Sonet DCT, it would be atleast 12L ex-showroom.
Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 07:37   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Well the top of the line Venue DCT costs around 14.5 on road Bangalore, missing all of those features including 6 airbags, its literally impossible for top DCT fully loaded Sonet to be priced at 12.5L on road. If at all they give a top variant with all bells and whistles on the Sonet DCT, it would be atleast 12L ex-showroom.
I had to check it out myself after you wrote it, that is a LOT of money for a sub-4m car with a 1 litre engine, I'm sure they're giving some discounts though. Nevertheless I belive the KIA is always a slot below Hyundai model to model, given the times, KIA has to play the value card to begin with, I know they wont match the price I've written by a mile, but I think that should still be the number in terms of optimum value.

In contrast, Elantras with the 2.0 litre engine, much better build, soft-touch plastics etc were going at hardly 5L more just a couple of years ago (huge 1.5-2L discounts included).

Toyota and Honda have gone nuts with the pricing across the board, I can only hope Hyundai/KIA group don't do the same in due course.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 09:18   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I had to check it out myself after you wrote it, that is a LOT of money for a sub-4m car with a 1 litre engine, I'm sure they're giving some discounts though.
Venue is, in fact, one of the value priced vehicles in that segment -

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-imageresizer.jpeg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th July 2020 at 09:21.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 09:43   #218
BHPian

Will the Sonet not come with a diesel automatic?
evoker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 15:24   #219
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Kia Sonet to get GT Line trim with 1.0L turbo petrol engine

According to a media report, the upcoming Kia Sonet will come in GT Line trim with two top-spec variants - GTX and GTX Plus.

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-2020kiasonetsketch.jpg

It has been reported that the GTX and GTX Plus variants will be powered by the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine. This engine is also available in the Hyundai Venue and produces 118 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 172 Nm of torque @ 2,500-4,000 rpm. It is likely to be paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

The report suggests that the Sonet could get black interiors with red stitching on the steering wheel, which could be borrowed straight from the Seltos. It could also get the 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Uvo Connect features from its larger sibling. But, instead of the Bose audio system, the Sonet is likely to be offered with an Arkamys unit. The instrument cluster is said to get a digital speedometer as well.

The top-spec Sonet GTX Plus DCT variant will reportedly come with 6 airbags, ESP, traction control, air purifier and sunroof.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 25th July 2020 at 15:36.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 16:12   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
KIA SONET interiors in spy pics:

Attachment 2034185

Link
Right under the red stitching, near the speaker section on the door, do I see the Bose branding ?
Old 25th July 2020, 16:28   #221
Senior - BHPian

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled

The interior spy shot posted by Volkman10 in the above posts looks to be from the GT Line.

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1595674672.871856.jpg

All black interior, red stitching and a flat bottom wheel.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 25th July 2020 at 16:29.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 17:23   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

A pic shared by my little birdie at Hyundai. I may get a few more exterior and interior pics on monday.

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-img20200725wa0020.jpg

Pictured here is a dark blue coloured sonet. 1.0L turbo petrol, 1.2L petrol and 1.5L diesel mills will power the little Kia. It will also be identical with Venue offering MT, CVT, DCT and iMT. According to him, the interiors are not as nice as the venue.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 25th July 2020 at 17:49.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 17:55   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
It will also be identical with Venue offering MT, CVT, DCT and iMT.
So, no news of a tc automatic with the diesel engine?
Old 25th July 2020, 19:26   #224
Senior - BHPian

Here it is, presenting the Kia Sonet

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-img_20200725_192205.jpg

Base Trim in Silver Shade.

Pic Source - Twitter

Last edited by CarguyNish : 25th July 2020 at 19:28.
CarguyNish is online now   (36) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 19:56   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
A pic shared by my little birdie at Hyundai. I may get a few more exterior and interior pics on monday.
This pic does hint at the presence of front parking sensors. It would be a nice to have feature akin to the XUV300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Here it is, presenting the Kia Sonet
Wow! The car does look really butch from the front. I just hope that it is similar in the size as the Vitara Brezza, if not more. IMO the Vitara Brezza has the perfect exterior size for a CSUV, very proportionate.
ashvek3141 is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks