Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2020, 11:42   #166

Re: Name a car which you want to be sold in India

What we really need is for our japanese brands to bring in their shiny, delicious, mind blowing to drive cars to our shores instead of the errand running vehicles. How can they keep those kind of cars to themselves within Japan and other high end markets!

Just imagine Toyota having the Yaris hatch, GT 86, The Rav 4 and all in their Indian lineup.

Honda has a really good looking version of our civic on steroids and we get the one with a CVT.

The Indian market is begging for the Jimny. One who could do all the urban running, fitting into all the narrow parking spots and also take you over the mountains. If priced in the 10-15 lakh segement it would've become an icon.

Instead we get the skodas and VW's which offers better driving dynamics than the Japanese, and also more expensive to maintain than a super model and keeps failing on you.

These japs have all the dealership networks, fantastic A.S.S and everything to support such gorgeous cars on our country. So please rain em Jimnys, hot Civics and GT 86s
BLUEK12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 12:48   #167
BHPian

I have heard a lot of.my friends from abroad speaking highly.pf Ford Focus. I can still remember Ford Fusion when it was introduced, I thought it was ahead of its time and Indian market was still not prepared for it. The same design was carried forward in first gen Figo. I still remember the first time I saw a Figo and it looked like a shrunken Fusion with slightly better looking headlights. A good combination of space and compact dimensions.I think Ford Focus will be a good car, however it is difficult to understand Indian consumers, as a lot of good products have failed to take off and mediocre products have been successful.
samee_arian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 15:25   #168
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEK12 View Post
Instead we get the skodas and VW's which offers better driving dynamics than the Japanese, and also more expensive to maintain than a super model and keeps failing on you.
I do not understand this statement..?

They aren’t really all that expensive at all, don’t really fail unless it’s a lemon, and I don’t know what super model you’re talking about,
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 12:24   #169
BANNED

Why can’t Toyota explore the option of bringing Mazda models into India under Toyota brand name? Mazda 3 is such a beautiful car and I’m sure will find many takers.
Old 19th April 2020, 21:09   #170
BHPian

Your favourite homologation road car ?

Quote:
Automotive homologation is the process of certifying vehicles or a particular component in a vehicle that it has satisfied the requirements set by various statutory regulatory bodies. It is mandatory to get this approval to export automobile products or components.
Quote:
In motorsports a vehicle must be type approved by the sanctioning body to race in a given league, such as World Superbikes, International Level Kart Racing, or other sportscar racing/touring car racing series.
Where a racing class requires that the vehicles raced be production vehicles only slightly adapted for racing, manufacturers typically produce a limited run of such vehicles for public sale so that they can legitimately race them in the class. These vehicles are commonly called "homologation specials".[
As we know the rule of homologation has given us some of the greatest performance cars like the Subaru WRX STI and Mitsubishi Lancer EVO series who both have been great sellers around the world and special limited run cars like the Mercedes CLK GTR. There are many great homologation road cars out there, many becoming great classics or a great model in a manufacturers lineup.Which one is your favourite?

Mine is the FORD SIERRA COSWORTH (4 DOORS)

These are the homologation details of the car given on the FIA website:
Quote:
HOMOLOGATION NUMBER:
MAKE:
FORD
MODEL:
SIERRA COSWORTH (4 DOORS)
GROUP:
A
CYLINDER CAPACITY:
TRANSMISSION:
RWD
NO OF CYLINDER:
UNITED KINGDOM
DATE OF HOMOLOGATION:
OCTOBER 1, 1988
END OF HOMOLOGATION:
DECEMBER 31, 1995
Link:
https://historicdb.fia.com/car/ford-...sworth-4-doors

The homologation photos:
Name a car which you want to be sold in India-homologation_form_number_5370_group_a_3.jpeg

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-homologation_form_number_5370_group_a_4.jpeg

I personally prefer this over the crazier looking 2 door one with the whale tail spoiler because this one looks more sane. The Sierra Cosworth was the performance car for the blue collar man and that is the reason I love this car.

Last edited by Eshan Joshi : 19th April 2020 at 21:11.
Old 21st April 2020, 19:53   #171
BHPian

Mazda MX5, Fiat 124 with manual gearbox and without the 120 percent import duty and absurd insurance and road tax amounts please.
Old 6th June 2020, 03:55   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
My picks:

Mazda 3 - If priced correctly, can give the City, Verna and Ciaz a run for their money

Hyundai Veloster - the country is ready for some radical cars!

Kia Stinger - poor man's Mustang
Stinger excels in many categories compared to mustang and costs more actually in most countries.

While both are great cars, both are different, calling one poor mans another doesn't sound right.
Old 6th June 2020, 08:55   #173
BHPian

My pick would be tesla model y. Preferably, a slightly modified version where it has big battery but without autopilot and other fancy stuff that aren’t useful in our country, to make the car Less expensive.
I also welcome Tesla business model as well.

Given that they didn’t spend money to build any charging network in our country, they can price competitively.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 12:27   #174
Senior - BHPian

Undoubtedly, the Swift Sports. I have been a Swift fan for years and eagerly waited for the 1.4 turbo Sports version to be launched in our country, only to be met with disappointment time and again. The properly powerful hot hatch with Japanese reliability and maintenance would be a perfect car for me. Hopes of it being launched are of course almost zero, but one can dream.

Another similar car would be the Fiesta hatch in RS/ST forms. Yet another properly hot hatch I have always drooled over.

Third - the current VW Polo sold in international markets, not the 10 year old design that VW keeps flogging, year after year after year. The new Polo is a real looker and coupled with the 1 liter TSI engine, would be an absolute hoot to own and drive.
Old 6th June 2020, 13:49   #175
BHPian

1st Preference : I hope Mazda launch their cars in India, especially the Mazda 2, Mazda 3 and Mazda 5.

2nd Preference : I want Toyota, Nissan and Ford to launch their range of pick-ups in India. There is a market for pick-ups among lifestyle users, especially for formidable, high-performance vehicles.

Main Preference: I have a soft corner for Mitsubishi Lancers so I wish they return to production in India. My dad's first car ever is the maroon version of this model below from 1990. I see pictures of this version of Lancer in Pakistan and SE Asian countries. Most of them have been modded and are used as high-performance vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
Name a car which you want to be sold in India-19881990_mitsubishi_lancer_ca_se_sedan_20110422_02.jpg  

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-19881990_mitsubishi_lancer_ca_se_sedan_20110422_04.jpg  

Last edited by JojyKerala : 6th June 2020 at 13:51.
Old 6th June 2020, 14:13   #176
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost. I have always loved the way the Fiesta hatch looked. Would've loved to see it in India with the 1.0 engine. Same car Richard Hammond used in the Chernobyl episode of TopGear.
Old 6th June 2020, 14:28   #177
Senior - BHPian

Since this is anyway a daydream, I would love to see the following cars being sold in India.
1. Suzuki Jimny 3 Door
2. Fiat 124 Spyder (Abarth)
3. Mazda MX 5 Miata
4. Alfa Romeo Mito and Giulietta
5. Jeep Renegade
6. Toyota RAV4
7. Subaru Forester
8. Subaru Impreza WRX
9. VW Golf GTI
10.Skoda Fabia RS
11. Land Rover Defender (at a sensible price)
12. Jeep Wrangler (at a sensible price)
13. BMW M135i (RWD)
14. BMW 118 etc (RWD)
15. Fiat 500 Abarth
16. BMW Z3 M COUPE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks