Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you think Tata Motors needs to change their logo?
Yes 266 56.96%
No 201 43.04%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2020, 08:46   #76
BHPian

Re: Do you think Tata Motors needs to change its logo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I disagree with you. We don’t have Mercedes/Volvo garbage truck in India. If we have those and still people disregard only Tata then what you say makes sense.
Here is the Tata-Mercedes 1210 truck and the same in a deteriorated shape. Both from India

Do you think Tata Motors needs to change its logo?-mercedes-1210.jpg
Do you think Tata Motors needs to change its logo?-maxresdefault.jpg
sodapop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:37   #77
BHPian

Time for a Logo Upgrade @ TATA?

Hi Everyone,

I was pondering on the success of Tata Motors and How they have totally turned around their entire PV portfolio. It is incredible that huge conglomerate like Ford is leaving India whereas, it is only the beginning of a very successful inning for the likes of Tata Motors, M&M, Kia etc.

It was a very opportune time for M&M to bring out a new logo to represent a new design direction and a vision for the company going ahead.

Hence, the thought. I believe that Tata Motors should really bring out a new logo just for PV segment and leave the old baggage behind. Yes I Agree that it will be great gamble with such an old and valuable brand, but this is the way ahead to jump on the next growth stage.
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Time for a Logo Upgrade @ TATA?

Rather than a Logo Change, they should carry out a Quality-Control Overhaul.

Their products are doing good, no doubt.
However, they have potential to do much better, if they improve their QC.
abhishek46 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

They already have a new logo from Tiago onwards, but the changes are difficult to notice.
old 2D logo
Do you think Tata Motors needs to change its logo?-old_logo.jpg
New 3D logo
Do you think Tata Motors needs to change its logo?-newlogo.jpeg

They can minimize the empty portion by increasing the chrome thickness. It may look better.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:52   #80
Senior - BHPian

People may consider this to be an exaggerated statement, but, I honestly think, logo is the only thing they can consider to retain. Except logo, they need to change every department and teams including

1. Quality team(if something with this name really exist)
2. Dealership(Their Attitude)
3. ASS(Hopeless services)
4. Design team (for the design issues)
5. Suppliers(for supply of low quality parts)
6. Assembly section (for assembling parts so loosely that they fall apart on the way to first temple visit)
7. IT team who writes those wonderful ECU logics which never functions as desired)

Last edited by gkveda : 5th October 2021 at 17:01.
gkveda is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:16   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
1. Quality team(if something with this name really exist)
2. Dealership(Their Attitude)
3. ASS(Hopeless services)
Can't comment, not being a Tata car owner; however, my Punto was initially serviced (first few years) at a Tata centre (Concorde) and there was nothing wrong with the service. The car is going strong at 11 years, 97000+ km.

Quote:
4. Design team (for the design issues)
Interesting. I think right now Tata cars are the best-looking in India. For that matter, Indica was fantastic looking in its time, we just got tired of seeing it everywhere. I'm eyeing Altroz for my next car, mainly for its looks! But am holding out for an EV version.

Or maybe by "design" you mean some functional issue? Curious.

Quote:
6. Assembly section (for assembling parts so loosely that they fall apart on the way to first temple visit)
Maybe don't take it to the temple!
rsidd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:44   #82
Senior - BHPian

Tata definitely needs a new logo on sleek lines such as the Mahindra SUV. That logo has transformed their showroom space and energized the sales staff. I could make out when I checked out the XUV 700. The T can be a 'pointy arrow' taking them into the future. Just a suggestion
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 5th October 2021 at 20:47.
Old 5th October 2021, 20:47   #83
BHPian

This is a great idea. I wish we could send this thread to the Tata executives.

The new JLR-esque design language is a hit with the market. Am sure a logo change will attract more buyers who were/are repelled by the erstwhile taxi-image built by Indicas and Indigos.

But of course, this can't only be a marketing campaign. It needs to be a combination of improvement in showroom, service experiences, part quality along with marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Honestly, this TATA (T^T^) logo is still reminiscing the feel of the trucks. It's time they grow out of this.

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 5th October 2021 at 21:10.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:54   #84
BHPian

The Tata logo looks good as is. I have no problem in the way it looks. I have also seen some people who feel Tata should use different logos for their passenger cars and trucks. Well, when Volvo uses the same logo on their cars, trucks and buses, what's wrong with Tata using the same logo with their cars and buses?

Instead of focusing on minor aesthetics like these, I strongly feel Tata should improve their quality control and service experience as soon as possible. I will also suggest changes in dealer response and attitude, but that will be secondary in my priority list. The first two things they should get right are quality control and service experience.

Quality control is literally non existent in Tata cars. Imagine spending 20+ lacs on a brand new car and then going to the workshop right after taking delivery. There are a lot of lemons that Tata has produced, which could have easily been avoided if proper quality check was performed at the assembly line.

Service experience is something that is equally important. In the long run, quality of service is a major determining factor of a positive experience. Ask Maruti owners as to why they are happy after long years of ownership and I'm pretty sure service will be one of the major reasons.

3lac+ Nexon's and 1lac+ Altroz's , but no assurance if they are completely niggle free.

Hope Tata improves quality control and service experience as soon as possible.
saikishor is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:59   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
They already have a new logo from Tiago onwards, but the changes are difficult to notice.
It's interesting how global auto manufacturers are moving from elaborate 3D logos to flat 2D ones and TATA has decided to go the other way.

Maybe they could change the logo to a stylised version of the existing one instead of going with an all new logo, it already has years of history and heritage and has evolved from the old logo that was inspired by their collaboration with Mercedes.
Old 5th October 2021, 21:14   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Do not think this is that simple. The OP (and probably few others on this thread) are forgetting that the 'T' logo of Tata Motors comes from the Tata (group) logo - same logo is there on Tata Steel, Tata Chemicals, and so on.

While Tata Motors could come up with a separate logo for that particular organization (e.g. like TCS did), a logo change would also signal a much bigger rebranding campaign with an underlying change (or atleast vision) in business operations and clear long term benefits (than cons) of moving away from the Tata group logo.

Doubt that would be the case to be honest.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 5th October 2021 at 21:16.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 21:26   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
The Tata logo looks good as is. I have no problem in the way it looks. I have also seen some people who feel Tata should use different logos for their passenger cars and trucks. Well, when Volvo uses the same logo on their cars, trucks and buses, what's wrong with Tata using the same logo with their cars and buses?
Good question. The difference here is, Tata is trying to move up the value and the perception chains, where as in case of Volvo, they didn't have a bad quality and taxi-esque image to begin with!
Old 5th October 2021, 22:14   #88
BHPian

Here's the deal, providing a good service , product, quality etc. Should be done anyway irrespective of what a logo looks like.

But there comes a time when a brand needs to refresh things, ride that wave of momentum and leapfrog ahead. Yes they have modernised their designs, made it more appealing to the young generation, great limited edition variants like adventure ,black, etc.

The only thing I believe it needs is a positive push to the whole brand representation. As @sebring above mentioned, it really motivates the moral of the dealers and employees,hence, rubbing it positively on customers also.
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 22:27   #89
BHPian

Considering there might be a separation of the PV segment from the commercial vehicles parent arm, which is the actual Tata Motors, there might actually be a new logo and even a new name coming in the not so distant future.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...131806293.html

Last edited by kosjam : 5th October 2021 at 22:29. Reason: forgot to put in the link
Old 6th October 2021, 06:56   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

A few years ago it was said that TML should seriously create a sub brand to sell PVs if they want success at all.

Well, people are buying Tata vehicles with ₹25 lakh price tag just fine. Just pisses me off when people comment in social media, "Aah, such a beautiful car. Pity the Tata logo is still ugly"

Don't think they will change the logo for the PV division, when the whole conglomerate uses almost the same one. The change from 2D to 3D made the logo up-to-date IMHO. (Guess it escaped the new global trend of flattening all logos)

I would rather use the caah for the 'new logo exercise' to poach some people from Toyota to head the QC department.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks