Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2024, 18:00   #3481

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
The Honda OEM front parking sensors are the worst accessories you can buy. I'd ask you to refrain from them. They are super sensitive and will keep beeping if someone came near in a crowded street, or a signal. They need to be switched off every time you restart the car. These were so much irritating that while Honda ASC changed the front bumper and they mentioned that they won't be able to move the front parking sensors to the new bumper - I was relieved.

[I drive in BLR and I bought my Honda City 5th gen ZX MT in 2021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
So far, I'm pretty satisfied with the OEM parking sensors from Honda.
Do you have any better recommendations?

Regards,
Lsjey
I’ve also heard mixed feedback about front parking sensors. When I test-drove the Verna, I found them useful, though I understand it just takes some time to get accustomed to a new car’s length.
What’s your opinion—should I get them installed? Are they helpful, or are they overly sensitive? I’m still waiting for confirmation from the dealer on whether they’re part of the OEM accessories.
One concern I have is that installing them might require opening up the bumper and head unit, which makes me a bit nervous. I’ve had some bad experiences with Indian car and bike service centers, and I worry they might mess up something that’s already working fine.

Also, could you suggest a good dash cam setup? I’ve seen that Honda includes one as part of their accessories—any feedback on that would be appreciated.
What other accessories would you recommend? Thanks!
Old 28th September 2024, 21:09   #3482
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Fitted rear spoiler (Honda original accessory - costs 13.5K) yesterday and it completes the third year accessory additions and modifications of my 2021 5th gen V variant. Fitted it from Dakshin Honda Bangalore and it was a worst decision. Luckily I went to the accessory fitting area when there was a delay in completing the work. Workmanship is very poor and they even drilled an extra hole at wrong location first. Had to stand next to them to guide/scold them to correct and fit it properly the second time. It was very anxious couple of hours for me. They tried to fool me even after making many mistakes.

+ves
Looks excellent with the spoiler

-ves
Boot lid is heavy now due to added weight
Minor painting issue at one corner
Workmanship and work ethics of the dealer technicians/accessory sales staffs are very very poor.

Verdict
Not recommended

I will keep an eye on it and fix it on my own if there are any issues.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20240928_111646647.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th September 2024 at 21:26.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks