Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2024, 06:26   #3391
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
I am not able to get 260 km range on a full tank, which converts to 7 kmpl..
Very surprising to hear this, the lowest I’ve got in 100% bumper to bumper traffic is around 10kmpl. Have you checked with the ASS?
ellip5i5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 10:20   #3392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepam.patel View Post
I have read at multiple sources, using ECO mode doesn’t make any substantial improvement in mileage. Has any one been able to improve their mileage using ECO mode ?
I’ve found it reduces mileage for me by 0.5-1 kmpl in the city. Possibly due to need to push the engine more given lower performance.

On the highways for sedate driving it might give the mileage a bit of boost
ellip5i5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 12:31   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks
I am not able to get 260 km range on a full tank, which converts to 7 kmpl.
I have a 5th gen CVT and I drive 40 KMs a day in Kochi traffic where average speed is ~ 20 kmph. Some days the average speed is 16 kmph, and some days it is 23 kmph. But never more than 26 kmph. Also I need to drive 10 to 12 levels up in a multi-level parking to park the car.

With this average speed and climbing, I get around 11.5 to 12 KM/L in tankful to tankful method. Below is some screenshots from the Honda Connect app.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20240506_120216_honda-connect.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20240506_120233_honda-connect.jpg

I don't use the Eco mode and I am a sedate driver. I also anticipate stops well ahead to avoid sudden stop and start situations. I don't do this for higher mileage, but this is how I drive especially because both my wife and kid have extreme motion sickness . Except when I am frustrated and I need to overtake a traffic blocking low speed vehicle, the RPM stays in 1200 to 1500. And even when overtaking, it is at 2000 to 3000 range. But I do rev it hard once in a while for that sound and the linear pull all the way up.

I hope the above stats help you gauge your car's situation. If your car's average speed is below what I mentioned, and you usually drive at high revs (or in sports mode) with hard stop and start, the mileage can be in single digits.
sreerknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 19:25   #3394
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks
I need your honest opinion on the city mileage of the CVT Honda City. I am not able to get 260 km range on a full tank, which converts to 7 kmpl.
I was driving in some terrible Mumbai traffic for the past month or so. Even for a distance of 15kms, it takes about an hour. I was able to get about 8.7kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepam.patel View Post
I have read at multiple sources, using ECO mode doesn’t make any substantial improvement in mileage. Has any one been able to improve their mileage using ECO mode ?
I have experienced the same. Its like you need to push the accelerator too much, which then might be translating to a lower mileage. I have totally stopped using ECO mode.
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 03:40   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks
I need your honest opinion on the city mileage of the CVT Honda City.
I can help you with some stats of the elevate CVT. The elevate CVT being a suv and heavier has slightly worse FE than the city.

Getting around 13 kmpl in my daily Noida to Gurgaon runs which are around 40 kms one way. I neither travel in peak traffic not in peak emptiness. I did one run at 6 am on empty roads and the elevate CVT have 16 kmpl. All figures are with AC on and set at 24 degrees celsius. I drive with a light foot and suggest you start practicing driving with a light foot as well. Either ways 7 kmpl is unacceptable unless you are redlining on every acceleration
M5_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 12:27   #3396
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way to automatically connect an iPhone in Bluetooth mode and not carplay mode? Currently I have to disable wifi, and then connect the phone manually my selecting the car in the bluetooth device list on phone. Also whenever the car is turned off and restarted, this entire exercise has to be repeated. I want to connect the phone in Blutooth mode so as to take any calls through the car and keep the music playing through flash drive. When car play is connected, flash drive doesn't work and one has to completely disconnect carplay to play music from USB.

Anyone facing similar situation and found a solution?

Thanks.
Old 16th May 2024, 14:15   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Is there a way to automatically connect an iPhone in Bluetooth mode and not carplay mode? Currently I have to disable wifi, and then connect the phone manually my selecting the car in the bluetooth device list on phone. Also whenever the car is turned off and restarted, this entire exercise has to be repeated. I want to connect the phone in Blutooth mode so as to take any calls through the car and keep the music playing through flash drive. When car play is connected, flash drive doesn't work and one has to completely disconnect carplay to play music from USB.

Anyone facing similar situation and found a solution?

Thanks.
I am not using iphone, but for andriod it directly connects to the carplay. I dont need to do anything.
I have enabled the modes and routines in which when the phone gets a notification of the car ignition ON, it turns on the bluetooth and the location. Then I get a prompt on the car play which asks me if I want to connect to andriod auto.

About the USB, I had raised this issue with the honda servicing team, and they have confirmed that you can either connect to car play or use the usb. Both cannot be used together.
Mumbaiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 16:19   #3398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
I am not using iphone, but for andriod it directly connects to the carplay. I dont need to do anything.
Thanks! But I don't have any issues connecting to carplay. I wanted to connect the phone only in BlueTooth mode so that I can take calls through the HU while playing music from USB- which cannot be done if the phone is connected through caprplay/ Android Auto (as flash drive can't be used in that mode).

Quote:
I have enabled the modes and routines in which when the phone gets a notification of the car ignition ON, it turns on the bluetooth and the location. Then I get a prompt on the car play which asks me if I want to connect to andriod auto.
This is a pro tip. Thanks. Will try to configure my phone the same way; iff the iOS permits.

Quote:
About the USB, I had raised this issue with the honda servicing team, and they have confirmed that you can either connect to car play or use the usb. Both cannot be used together.
Yes, both can't be used together- however, if your phone is connected to HU in just BT mode, it can be used.

Last edited by saket77 : 16th May 2024 at 16:20.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 15:50   #3399
BHPian

Honda seems to have issued a recall for the airbag inflator.
My friend got a WhatsApp message. His is a 2023 hybrid city.
I did get a notification about the same on honda connect for my 2022 model, but when I checked with the SC, they said my car isn’t affected by this.
Old 21st May 2024, 22:10   #3400

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
This is a pro tip. Thanks. Will try to configure my phone the same way; iff the iOS permits.
Try Shortcuts app. It should allow you to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
I did get a notification about the same on honda connect for my 2022 model, but when I checked with the SC, they said my car isn’t affected by this.
When did you get this notification?
I'm taking delivery of City tomorrow. Should I ask the SA/Showroom guy about it beforehand?
Old 22nd May 2024, 16:30   #3401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwrej View Post
When did you get this notification?
I'm taking delivery of City tomorrow. Should I ask the SA/Showroom guy about it beforehand?
I got it on the Honda connect app. I got it checked with the service centre and they say my car isn’t affected by the recall.
My friend got a message on WhatsApp from Honda India.

Yes, please do find out before taking delivery.
Old 23rd May 2024, 11:29   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
For all 4 windows, please use this product - I've used them for an year, and the fit and finish is perfect.....
Ordered this last week and it's a perfect fit for my 5th Gen City. Thank you for the recommendation.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 12:11   #3403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto spawn View Post
I got an alert on the Honda Connect app. Checked with my VIN on Honda's website and it says the recall is not applicable for my car. However, my suggestion will be to keep checking the same as they will be adding VINs in a phased manner to their database- as many manufacturers have done in the past.

However, I don't look forward to the idea of ripping apart factory fitted dashboard panels on a brand new car. Makes way for rattles to creep in.

Last edited by saket77 : 23rd May 2024 at 12:14.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 20:39   #3404
BHPian

As I complete one year of owning the Honda City ZX CVT, I recollect two of my posts which I had written in 2022. First one was a comparison between the sedans at that time, that is the City, Slavia and the Virtus (Honda City eHev vs Slavia 1.5 DSG vs Virtus 1.5 DSG, where I had decided to go with the eHev) and the second one where I thought I was just going in loops and researching too much (Is excessive research bad for car buying?)

We did book the eHEV and were waiting for the red cherry to be delivered. The wait was long and we did wait, as we did not really need the car with both of us having the option to work from home all days of the week.
Finally in 2023, we decided to settle with the ZX CVT and not the eHEV as we wanted the extra space in the boot. Luckily by that time, the Obsidian blue was launched and we got the delivery in about 10 days.

Coming to the year of ownership
The start wasn’t great. The car had a rat bite in the first month itself. I parked it at the same place where my old WagonR stood for nearly 10 years. The service centre was quick to fix it. Apart from that, I haven’t had any other niggle with the car *touchwood*.

I have completed around about 7000 kms, 80% of which are city travel and the rest covered while traveling within Maharashtra. The car has been really good to drive.

• Huge boot space
  • Left blindspot camera
  • Collision mitigation brake system
  • Lane assist
  • Adaptive cruise control
Dislikes:
  • Paint quality, its an absolute bummer.
  • Android Auto and USB cannot be used together
  • No front parking sensors (have already managed to scratch the front designer plate)
  • ECO mode is a gimmick.
  • Too much glare in the front window when the dashboard is wax polished.
Fuel Efficiency:
I get about 8-10kmpl FE when I drive in heavy traffic. A drive through the city where the traffic is sparse (especially taking the Eastern Express Highway and the to JVLR), I get around 12kmpl. On highways with full car and a full boot, I got about 13-14kmpl. With only 3 people in the car, I managed to get about 18kmpl.

Service experience:
Have been getting my car serviced at the Sewri service centre. All 3 services have been smooth. Have spent around about 4000 including getting the rat bite fix.

Overall:
Comfortable car to drive. Back seat comfort for family is amazing.
Mumbaiker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 20:07   #3405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinaryme View Post
2) I don't know about other cars or even other City colours, but my meteoroid grey colour gets dusty way too often and way too much. Would you guys suggest getting ceramic or PPF coating done? Was wondering getting something done to avoid all the dust, and the occasional minor scratches too.
Hello, Dust is not the real enemy. The real enemy is water and/or wrong set of chemicals / PPF. Any polish will only give short term gains. I would suggest to self-clean the car (in case of dust). Also, a good car cover will be helpful.

Last edited by graaja : 30th May 2024 at 20:12. Reason: Fixing broken quotes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks