Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2022, 13:02   #2221
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
By any chance will cause the warranty to be void? Just wanted to know if the manual refers to this size as applicable to the car. Sometimes in case of warranty claims Honda can get finicky and say that the car does not have factory spec tyres and could try to weasel their way out of a warranty claim in case it arises.
Just had the front wheel bearing replaced under warranty a few months back, no one was finicky about the tyres being 205/55
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 23:53   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I did a 600 kms drive this week. It was more than 95% on 4-lane highways (NH-38). The FE was 19.9 kmpl over 417 kms

I did a VJA-HYD round trip last week in my City MT. Was able to get 21km/l until I got stuck in traffic just 7kms from my destination which took nearly an hour to reach. It was down to 20.6km/l by that time. I started at 8 in the morning when the temperature was around 31 degrees and within a couple of hours it was around 40C. The ecopia tyres are noisy in hot conditions which gives me another reason to go easy on the throttle.

I started the return trip at around 5:20 PM. On this trip too I had that traffic for the same 7kms and even the traffic on the outer ring road was messy, cars driving slower on high speed lanes and poor lane discipline etc., But this time I wasn't driving so sedately as I did in the morning. The tyres stay silent in the evenings and at nights, music becomes crisper minus the noise. Traffic was frequent and had to stay behind chains at times, so there was a lot of braking and gear changes than in the morning drive. So not a very smooth drive.

Overall it returned 19.9km/l on a 608 kms round trip. AC is always on. It's not bad for a sedan of this size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divirokr View Post

I am hopeful that after the first service things will only get better. Reading your post reassures me.
You were able to get a very decent mileage considering your car is brand new. It keeps on improving with more miles you put on it, I can assure you from my experience. You'll notice that change in the city conditions very clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post

Model booked : Honda City ZX MT Petrol
Booking amount : 21000
Delivery : 1 month waiting

Congratuations on your booking. Hope you'll have a great buying and ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post

Meanwhile my Honda City had its first taste of agony in 6 months thanks to a flower pot somehow finding its way to enter my car all the way from the 6th floor.
That's unfortunate, pains to see the car like that. Hope you've inspected it thoroughly, any shards remaining can be harmful.

Can you share a pic of your car showing the spoiler, I always wanted to install it but was really skeptical of how it would look after the fitting.
cule1899_bhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 18:59   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Dear Team,
...May I know the tyre size upgrade done on Honda City 5th gen as I see upgrade to 195/55 ?

has any one done to 205/55 R16?

what's pro and cos? .....
Upgrading to 195/55 will much enhance the road grip and handling comfort. I doubt 205/55 will add any significantly above that. 205/55 may also cause slightly weighted steering.

If decided for 205 upgrade indeed, you may also consider 205/50 instead of 205/55 for a closer match with the original rolling diameter.
Old 27th April 2022, 19:47   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raktim View Post
. 205/55 may also cause slightly weighted steering.

If decided for 205 upgrade indeed, you may also consider 205/50 instead of 205/55 for a closer match with the original rolling diameter.
205/55 has absolutely no weighted effect on the steering at all, 195 in comparison to 205's look undertyred in my opinion
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 09:28   #2225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Just had the front wheel bearing replaced under warranty a few months back, no one was finicky about the tyres being 205/55
How did you diagnose a bearing problem?
Old 1st May 2022, 12:56   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead View Post
How did you diagnose a bearing problem?
There was a constant humming sound coming from the front right after 80kmph which was annoying apart from that there were absolutely no other tell tale signs mechanically the car was running perfectly.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:44   #2227
BHPian

Friends, Just noticed the spare wheel of all new Honda City is upside down when placed in the boot due to which checking air pressure at the fuel pump is very hard. Wheel has to be removed and checked. Isn't this a design flaw or is this something that is common in City. I haven't experienced this while owning a Alto or Swift or a Aspire too. Iam the first time user of Honda City and discovering all of these niggles. can any of you please share your views.

@Mod : I beleive i have placed this query in the right section of City. Else please consider to point the same to a link. Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 13:05   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeshSrini View Post
Friends, Just noticed the spare wheel of all new Honda City is upside down when placed in the boot due to which checking air pressure at the fuel pump is very hard. Wheel has to be removed and checked. Isn't this a design flaw or is this something that is common in City. I haven't experienced this while owning a Alto or Swift or a Aspire too. Iam the first time user of Honda City and discovering all of these niggles. can any of you please share your views.

@Mod : I beleive i have placed this query in the right section of City. Else please consider to point the same to a link. Thanks
I have same issue with Jazz too. I think its a design flaw in Honda cars. I just lift it a little and hold it while the air check attendant checks and refills the air
Old 4th May 2022, 01:09   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, Just noticed the spare wheel of all new Honda City is upside down when placed in the boot due to which checking air pressure at the fuel pump is very hard. Wheel has to be removed and checked. Isn't this a design flaw or is this something that is common in City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I think its a design flaw in Honda cars.
Honestly, it isn’t a design flaw. A tedious job for checking tyre pressure but a wise space for packaging tools in styrofoam. Also, not only Honda but, most of the OEMs has started practising this, some OEMs even add sub-woofer in this space.
GautamJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 10:08   #2230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, Just noticed the spare wheel of all new Honda City is upside down when placed in the boot due to which checking air pressure at the fuel pump is very hard.
I have inverted the tyre, such that all I need is to lift the mat and fill air. I am also planning to make a hole / cut in the mat board at the right part so that I can fill air directly without lifting the mat.
Old 5th May 2022, 16:32   #2231
BHPian

Honda Cars India limited have silently done some product updates (or rather deletions ) on their models, during the City Hybrid launch and price declaration mayhem.

1) As with many other makers, Honda won't be using variant badges on their cars any more, except for the newly launched City Hybrid e:HEV.

2) The 4th gen City will be getting a "new" AVN infotainment system.

3) City 5th gen V variant will lose the front and rear mudguards and also the interior door handles will be painted black instead of Chrome.

4) The biggest or worst of the updates:- The 5th gen City VX and ZX variants will lose the 16" Alloy spare wheel and will be getting 15" steel wheel instead.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-download.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2022 at 18:29. Reason: Watermarks added
Flying Shadow is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 20:14   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Shadow View Post
Honda Cars India limited have silently done some product updates (or rather deletions ) on their models, during the City Hybrid launch and price declaration mayhem.
Super cheap move from Honda. Could you please share the source.
Also in the image with door handles, next to the black door handle, is it tweeter or just a design element to break the monotony of black?
Learner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 01:15   #2233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
Also in the image with door handles, next to the black door handle, is it tweeter or just a design element to break the monotony of black?
The pictures I have shared are the internal Honda product update notification shared to Dealers.

City VX and ZX does come with tweeters as standard and the V variant has provision for the same.

But here, it seems to be just a design element.
Yet to see the said car in flesh.
Flying Shadow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 12:51   #2234
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
This is absolutely spot on and I was aware of the changes as my Dealer informed me.
Double checked with him some half an hour back and he confirmed that cars dispatched from May 2022 will have the updates.

Extremely cheap and pathetic move from Honda for the 15'' for VX & ZX.
Just the alloy costs around 15k INR so a cost saving mechanism.
src is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:29   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Shadow View Post
What kind of an apocalyptic move this is from Honda? Just when I thought Honda might be serious about the Indian market with the new Hybrid City launch, they come up with this disaster.

These cheap cost-cuttings suits more to a company looking to wrap up operations in India. Extremely disappointing.
aniket13 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks