Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2021, 00:10   #1666
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The Honda Grace, hybrid version of our City, sold in Japan had rear wiper. But then, it was the AWD variant, for Northern Japan that sees snow.

Since it is a sedan, I don't think we really need a rear wiper for our conditions. Unlike a tailgate, rear windshields of sedans don't really warrant the use of a wiper.

But not impossible to fix a rear wiper. Overnight parts from Japan and some DIY will do.
I find rear wipers as very useful especially during monsoon when the rear camera and the rear windshield are soiled and you want to reverse (for city has got a never ending boot-It's almost as long as a full size SUV). Also helps on the roads during heavy rains when you want to see what's approaching behind you. I am not sure why sedans can't give. A nice wiper also adds to the overall looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
In the case of the VX variant, I would advise you to use this 10K against seat covers.
Don't go for the basic kit or mats. Opt for something like seat covers or if you like go for the logo projector in front doors they look really very nice.
Thank you Sonil, ZX is the model I m getting - I loved it for company fit leathers. I am planning to go for trunk spoiler with few chrome garnish at sides and rear (it already has a lot of chrome on the front) even though I have to shell out few extra bucks which I feel I will never do if I am not doing it now. Will give the car a sporty look from rear, don't you think?

Has anyone fitted trunk spoiler. How does it look on new city? Any photos of the same will be appreciated

Also what is the public feel of 5th gen City owners about the massive single piece of chrome on the bonnet? Has any1 done any design/modification on it so that it looks better than it already looks. I really liked the cool black grille on the turbo variant which was launched in Thailand.
Old 7th September 2021, 09:37   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
....Has anyone fitted trunk spoiler. How does it look on new city?

... Has any1 done any design/modification on it so that it looks better than it already looks. I really liked the cool black grille on the turbo variant which was launched in Thailand.
There is a Golden Brown ZX CVT in our neighborhood and the owner got a matte black wrap on the front grille with the red colored "H" logo similar to the turbo variant. He also has a trunk spoiler and the red colored "H" logo at the rear. The car is looker man and stands out from the crowd! Go for it, you will oogle your car every time you park.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 7th September 2021 at 09:38. Reason: Additional comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 12:15   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I find rear wipers as very useful especially during monsoon when the rear camera and the rear windshield .........................u. I am not sure why sedans can't give. A nice wiper also adds to the overall looks.
Sedans usually don't require it since the angle and airflow will take care of water by itself. Also the chances of soiling the rear window are less compared to a hatchback and SUV. You can find more useful insights at these two links:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-sedans-2.html (Rear Wiper & Washer ? Why only on hatch backs and NOT on sedans?)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...wiper-etc.html (Queries on fitting rear window wiper etc)
Quote:
Also what is the public feel of 5th gen City owners about the massive single piece of chrome on the bonnet? Has any1 done any design/modification on it so that it looks better than it already looks. I really liked the cool black grille on the turbo variant which was launched in Thailand.
Have seen a City 5th gen (not sure if it is paint or wrap) where the chrome was converted to a black color & felt it would be better to get the part itself rather that do a paint/wrap job. Seen a couple of sellers overseas when I googled for the same. Would be better to import those parts and get them installed.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-grills.png
Image source: google images
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 17:53   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone fitted trunk spoiler. How does it look on new city? Any photos of the same will be appreciated

Hi Sprinter. We are eagerly waiting for the arrival of our Honda City VX CVT by the weekend and delivery by next week.

On the spoiler, interestingly, I saw one with a rear spoiler just yesterday. It was ZX City in white shade with white spoiler. Personally, I found this to be a bit overdone for this car. I did not find it even remotely interesting, and when I showed this car to my wife (who close to zero interest in cars), her first reaction was - "can our car not have the thing on the boot".

Fair disclosure - I used to love spoilers and wanted it badly in our Fiesta, when I was in my teens. I've stepped into my 30's now and now I feel that spoilers look bad in these new generation cars, may be my age is the culprit. Also, this car would be my dad's daily driver (hence, ok with CVT), who is in his 60's - no sporty looks.

I too am not a fan of the chrome strip (I call it stainless steel plate) up front, dad would not mind it though. On any shade of the City, it would look much better with it being black. I too want to get it wrapped in black (gloss). The reasons to lean towards a wrap are because, (a) I don't want to ruin the factory fit and finish and (b) it would be much cheaper.
NotanF1driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 18:15   #1670
BHPian

I did a bit of night driving over the weekend, a trip to Tirupur from Chennai. The City performed superbly, and we completed around 1000 KMs round trip in comfort and safety.

I've the following points to share:

1. Discovered that if you push up on the button for opening the moonlight glass, the enclosure lifts in the rear. This helps with circulation and brings in fresh air. Did not try it a lot as it was raining heavily. I did not know about this and discovered it by accident.
2. The headlamps in ZX are not good at all. Is there a possibility of improving on them? Would it be possible for installing additional lighting like being discussed in this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...70-review.html
Will this void the warranty? I've taken extended warranty and HCMP. Don't want to void them both.

Cheers,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 22:31   #1671
BHPian

Quote:

I, too, considered the spoiler but did not go for it. The couple of ZX variant 5th Gen Citys that I saw with the spoiler, I heard a good amount of rattling. But this could be because of improper fitting. Do check if these require drilling holes in the trunk lid. If it is needed, better to avoid.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 23:24   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
I, too, considered the spoiler but did not go for it. The couple of ZX variant 5th Gen Citys that I saw with the spoiler, I heard a good amount of rattling. But this could be because of improper fitting. Do check if these require drilling holes in the trunk lid. If it is needed, better to avoid.

Regards,
lsjey
It needs drilling. I confirmed. But there are washers and all. Plus the spoilers are originally black and needs to be painted with car colour. So may be there are chances of mismatch. Will reconsider the spoiler. I will see some photos of Honda City New with photos.(if anyone can help) I haven't found any car with spoilers yet on road. Saw a civic and it looked good on it. Got a photo from my Sales guy but it hasn't helped

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20210906wa0004.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post

Have seen a City 5th gen (not sure if it is paint or wrap) where the chrome was converted to a black color & felt it would be better to get the part itself rather that do a paint/wrap job. Seen a couple of sellers overseas when I googled for the same. Would be better to import those parts and get them installed.

Attachment 2203525
Image source: google images
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
There is a Golden Brown ZX CVT in our neighborhood and the owner got a matte black wrap on the front grille with the red colored "H" logo similar to the turbo variant. He also has a trunk spoiler and the red colored "H" logo at the rear. The car is looker man and stands out from the crowd! Go for it, you will oogle your car every time you park.
Thanks Trackday & Sam for the lead. Front grille in black looks dapper (especially with matte finish). Found more photos. I am definitely going to do this. However, my requirement would be not to wrap entirely but just the vertical portion of it. Let's see if that's possible. Will update you.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-fb_img_1631035240667.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-fb_img_1631035228450.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-fb_img_1631035322853.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-fb_img_1631035326148.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Hi Sprinter. We are eagerly waiting for the arrival of our Honda City VX CVT by the weekend and delivery by next week.

On the spoiler, interestingly, I saw one with a rear spoiler just yesterday. It was ZX City in white shade with white spoiler. Personally, I found this to be a bit overdone for this car. I did not find it even remotely interesting, and when I showed this car to my wife (who close to zero interest in cars), her first reaction was - "can our car not have the thing on the boot".
Now this has me in confusion. Will definitely want to see at least one car with spoiler b4 I finalize and not in photo

And congratulations on the new car. Right decision
sprinter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 12:51   #1673
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post

1. Discovered that if you push up on the button for opening the moonlight glass, the enclosure lifts in the rear. This helps with circulation and brings in fresh air. Did not try it a lot as it was raining heavily. I did not know about this and discovered it by accident.
2. The headlamps in ZX are not good at all. Is there a possibility of improving on them? Would it be possible for installing additional lighting like being discussed in this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...70-review.html
You have a different happiness when you discover something accidentally.
Reminds me when I discovered that interior cabin lights auto switch off function from the above switch suddenly.

You read my mind for headlights as I was also curious for Hella. On a parallel note am considering upgrading the Fog Lamps too.
For most of the cars with LED Lighting night visibility during rains is definitely a challenge as I have faced in Creta & Seltos too. But City is little better due to the comparative lower height of the light throw.

Quote:
It needs drilling. I confirmed. But there are washers and all. Plus the spoilers are originally black and needs to be painted with car colour. So may be there are chances of mismatch. Will reconsider the spoiler.
Sprinter,
Am aware of the process of fitting the Spoilers and have seen first hand in Honda but would strongly advice against it since historically Honda do not have a great reputation of rust on sheet metal.
This could be inviting trouble for rusting and could be a long time concern.
Try avoiding any accessories which needs drilling of metal.
Anyways it's your personal choice.

Thought of sharing a photo of my car in a nice background which enhance the look of City.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210807_122818599.portrait.jpg  

src is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 22:56   #1674
BHPian

I just did PDI today and cleared it. Hoping to get delivery next week. It’s a VX CVT. I was approached by an accessory sales person and explained me the host of accessories. One thing which caught my attention was LED headlamp replacement. The guy quoted an amount of Rs 15,800 for four led headlamps (comes with 30 months warranty). I have two questions here:
1. Is it too much for the swap?
2. Does it attract fines from traffic police? I’m from Kochi, Kerala - cops from different places have different points of view.

Last edited by NotanF1driver : 9th September 2021 at 22:57.
Old 10th September 2021, 01:39   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
I just did PDI today and cleared it. Hoping to get delivery next week. It’s a VX CVT. I was approached by an accessory sales person and explained me the host of accessories. One thing which caught my attention was LED headlamp replacement. The guy quoted an amount of Rs 15,800 for four led headlamps (comes with 30 months warranty). I have two questions here:
2. Does it attract fines from traffic police? I’m from Kochi, Kerala - cops from different places have different points of view.
By 4 led headlamps you mean 2 pairs, right?
If that's the case, yes it's too much
You can easily get Osram-led headlamps for 4000/pair.
I would suggest get the led headlamp swap done from outside and get your fog lamps swapped too. it should bring your total to Rs. 12,000 for 3 pairs.
Since these are plug and play the warranty will not be affected.
sonil.luthra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 07:25   #1676
BHPian

Quote:

Go for the OSRAM ones like Sonil suggested. The low beam H7 bulbs cost 3.4K on Amazon, and you can change it yourself in under 2 mins. I did same post his suggestion, and the white light really makes a difference in the way the car looks.

However, I would advise not to change the high beam and the fog lamps to LED, as the white light visibility in rain is very poor. This way, you’ll at least have the high beam to switch to, and the fog lamps to assist you if you’re driving in heavy rain or fog.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 12:08   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Go for the OSRAM ones like Sonil suggested. The low beam H7 bulbs cost 3.4K on Amazon, and you can change it yourself in under 2 mins. I did same post his suggestion, and the white light really makes a difference in the way the car looks.
I saw your earlier post and sonil.luthra's suggestions.
I am planning to change the same (low beam only).
Is this 25W model sufficient? Is it the one you have?
https://www.amazon.in/Osram-45210CW-.../dp/B08L93GX5K
Thanks.

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th September 2021 at 12:09.
Old 10th September 2021, 12:26   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Did come across a couple of indian sellers offering the RS grill set up :

https://carhatke.com/honda-city-2020...-black-painted - Cost Rs 8500

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20210908121000.jpg

Also found this on insta (handle name at the top for credits). Since I have a white one so was looking around for a similar example only :

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20210908121020.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20210908121111.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20210908121128.jpg

Also, has anyone had any success in getting well-fitted sunshades? I have got the usual magnet ones but the one behind driver keeps falling when I open the door.

Last edited by AutoConsultant : 10th September 2021 at 12:36. Reason: Additional points
AutoConsultant is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 12:44   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I saw your earlier post and sonil.luthra's suggestions.
I am planning to change the same (low beam only).
Is this 25W model sufficient? Is it the one you have?
https://www.amazon.in/Osram-45210CW-.../dp/B08L93GX5K
Thanks.
Yes, that is the one. 25W seems to be sufficient in most situations. It does feel brighter than the stock ones, but I’m guessing this is simply because of the colour of the light (or it could be that the 25w LED has a lot more lumens than a 55w halogen. Not sure though).

Try it out. The good part is that there’s a 10-day return option on Amazon for this item, and in case you feel it is inadequate, you can always return it. In my view, it is sufficient for dry conditions.

The only thing though is that the fan (attached to the LED) comes on the moment you turn on the lights, and when the engine is off, this sound is audible, and seems strange in the beginning. However, I’m given to understand that this is normal with an LED setup as it generates more heat, and I’ve now gotten used to the sound.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 13:04   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Did come across a couple of indian sellers offering the RS grill set up :

https://carhatke.com/honda-city-2020...-black-painted - Cost Rs 8500
Attachment 2205213
Thank you for this wonderful find. Is CarHatke reliable? Anyone ever used them before?

Most Viewed