Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 18:45   #1486
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Got the 7D floor mats delivered today. Ordered it from hotcarshop website. Delivery took 10+ days. Had them installed and fits well. Would definitely recommend it.

Few Pics for your reference

1. Driver Side

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210714-6.37.07-pm-1.jpeg

2. Passenger Side

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210714-6.38.00-pm.jpeg

3. Rear Side

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210714-6.37.07-pm-2.jpeg
vasi_raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 15:05   #1487
BHPian

Hi All,

I test drove the 5th Gen City ZX CVT twice in a week's time. After driving the car, I found that my right leg started to experience pain, mainly in the calf muscle and also around knee area both the times I drove the car. Is this because the CVT's accelerator is bit harder compared to manual's. I had to exert more pressure on the accelerator to keep the car moving. I also test drove Creta automatic SX(O) and did not feel any such pain. I am wondering what could be the issue with City CVT. I am really inclined towards buying City but this is issue is holding me back. I would really appreciate if city owners could share if they have faced any issue related to leg pain while driving city.
Old 15th July 2021, 15:37   #1488
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Hi All,
I am wondering what could be the issue with City CVT. I am really inclined towards buying City but this is issue is holding me back. I would really appreciate if city owners could share if they have faced any issue related to leg pain while driving city.
Hello Praveen,
Would suggest you to drive a separate TD car from other dealer or may be someone you know in your circle with the 5th Generation City.
You can PM me if you need mine but honestly I have not faced it.
What's your current drive? May be since my earlier one was Tiago so it didn't matter to me

One thing is the brakes are little hard compared to manual due to CVT but nothing to worry about.
src is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 16:45   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I test drove the 5th Gen City ZX CVT twice in a week's time. After driving the car, I found that my right leg started to experience pain, mainly in the calf muscle and also around knee area both the times I drove the car.
I haven't faced the issue with the City or any other car either. Did you face any discomfort while driving? Could it be something that adjusting the seat position (forward/back) or the height could fix?
Old 16th July 2021, 09:44   #1490

Quote:
Hi All,

I test drove the 5th Gen City ZX CVT twice in a week's time. After driving the car, I found that my right leg started to experience pain, mainly in the calf muscle and also around knee area both the times I drove the car. Is this because the CVT's accelerator is bit harder compared to manual's. I had to exert more pressure on the accelerator to keep the car moving. I also test drove Creta automatic SX(O) and did not feel any such pain. I am wondering what could be the issue with City CVT. I am really inclined towards buying City but this is issue is holding me back. I would really appreciate if city owners could share if they have faced any issue related to leg pain while driving city.
This must be an issue with that particular car you test drove. I find the accelerator on the CVT to be one amongst the lightest around.

Like others have suggested, ask for a different vehicle or see if you can go to some other dealer and take a test drive.
ashwin_murali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 12:31   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNG19 View Post
I haven't faced the issue with the City or any other car either. Did you face any discomfort while driving? Could it be something that adjusting the seat position (forward/back) or the height could fix?
Yes, I did adjust the seating position besides adjusting the steering reach. I asked the sales representative if there was any issue with the car. He said, it's a test drive vehicle driven for more than 30k kilometers and hence the issue. Also, the car hasn't been serviced for quite some time now; not a convincing answer. Since everyone seems to be quite happy with the car, I believe the car's ergonomics is just fine.
Old 16th July 2021, 13:23   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since everyone seems to be quite happy with the car, I believe the car's ergonomics is just fine.
I had taken test drive few weeks back and did not find any issue (My test drive was very short ~ 5-10 min). Please check with another dealer or the bhpian who offered you a test drive in his personal car.
CVT was so comfortable that I may fall asleep during sedate highway driving.

Last edited by Latheesh : 16th July 2021 at 13:27.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 14:22   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I just came back driving 330 KM yesterday. No issue like this for me. I can tell you, accelerator pedal in my car is quite easy to press. This might be an issue with that particular car you drove. You should definitely take another TD in a different car.
Old 16th July 2021, 14:31   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I see Seating position as the culprit here. Try to increase the seat height, move it a bit away from the seating and try. Honda's are one of the best in segment for ergonomics.
Old 16th July 2021, 17:57   #1495
BHPian

Dear Folks,

I have a query to anyone who has driven both 4th and 5th Gen City CVT. Is the 1.5 l engine and CVT same in both generations of City? Is there any change in pickup, driving dynamics etc between the two generations? Reason for asking this is, I am considering buying 5th Gen City CVT VX/ZX but the test ride vehicle available is only in MT. The dealer is offering a 4th gen City with CVT for TD.

Thanks and regards
Old 16th July 2021, 20:11   #1496

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Dear Folks,

I have a query to anyone who has driven both 4th and 5th Gen City CVT. Is the 1.5 l engine and CVT same in both generations of City? Is there any change in pickup, driving dynamics etc between the two generations? Reason for asking this is, I am considering buying 5th Gen City CVT VX/ZX but the test ride vehicle available is only in MT. The dealer is offering a 4th gen City with CVT for TD.

Thanks and regards
The engine in the 4th gen was of SOHC type whereas the engine in the 5th gen is of DOHC type which supposedly has a better lower end. I'm not sure if there is any change in the CVT transmission though.
MrEnthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 21:50   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I test drove the 5th Gen City ZX CVT twice in a week's time. After driving the car, I found that my right leg started to experience pain, mainly in the calf muscle and also around knee area both the times I drove the car.
Never faced an issue like that so far. It could be perhaps a wrong selection of the seat setting. Or maybe the test drive car's pedals must be damaged due to extensive driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
For test drives always push for the car that you are going to buy (Generation+engine+transmission). Even if the engine + gearbox could be carried over, they might be in a different tune. Also a different generation means difference in ergonomics.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 09:47   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Noob questions, has Honda started delivering BS6 Diesel engine fitted cars? I am yet to see it on any of their cars on road.
Old 17th July 2021, 10:06   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Noob questions, has Honda started delivering BS6 Diesel engine fitted cars? I am yet to see it on any of their cars on road.
They have been on sale for around a year now. The new 5th gen city has a BS VI diesel.
SAK-XXVII is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 11:48   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
I came across this informative video in Youtube. The owner is having a ZX CVT and has captured many interesting details. After watching this video I understand the efforts put into this car by Team Honda. As the reviewer mentions, this is definitely a life saver car on many aspects.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=v7o5C49aC5I
I watched this video and then started watching a few of the other videos this person had posted. IMHO we should discourage this person from shooting videos while driving. He drives rashly and dangerously.

lsjey

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks