Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2019, 20:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz C-Class diesel updated with new features

According to a media report, the Mercedes-Benz C 300d AMG Line and C 220d Progressive are now available with extra features. These variants are priced at Rs. 49.50 lakh and Rs. 46.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India) respectively.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class diesel updated with new features-cclass1.jpg

The C 300d AMG Line is said to come with the 'Night Package' that include high-gloss black inserts on the front bumper, AMG specific front apron and rear bumper as well as 18-inch, 5-spoke AMG alloy wheels finished in black. The car reportedly comes equipped with features such as wireless charging, Midline sound system with 9 speakers and 225 W amplifier and a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster with Classic, Progressive and Sporty display options.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class diesel updated with new features-cclass2.jpg

The C 220d Progressive reportedly gets wireless charging, Midline sound system and 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster. Mercedes is also said to offer memory package for front seats on this variant.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class diesel updated with new features-cclass3.jpg

Both variants are powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine. In the C 300d AMG Line, it makes 241 BHP and 500 Nm and in the C 220d Progressive it puts out 192 BHP and 400 Nm of torque. Both variants come with a 9-speed automatic gearbox.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class diesel updated with new features-cclass4.jpg

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd September 2019 at 23:29. Reason: typo
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 16:17   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz C-Class diesel updated with new features

Very interesting. Mercedes has launched a facelift within a year of the previous facelift coming out. Incidentally, I asked for the 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and Burmeister Audio (atleast as paid options) on my C300d and Michael Jopp (VP, Sales and Marketing) confirmed on email that it wouldn't be possible as the car would need entirely new wiring harness and an ECU.

I also read on a couple of websites that they have decided to increase the cost of the car by about 2.3 lakhs (https://www.rushlane.com/2019-merced...tml):Frustrati
Old 15th September 2019, 12:09   #3
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz C-Class diesel updated with new features

Quote:
Originally Posted by akunchala View Post
Very interesting. Mercedes has launched a facelift within a year of the previous facelift coming out. Incidentally, I asked for the 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and Burmeister Audio (atleast as paid options) on my C300d and Michael Jopp (VP, Sales and Marketing) confirmed on email that it wouldn't be possible as the car would need entirely new wiring harness and an ECU.

I also read on a couple of websites that they have decided to increase the cost of the car by about 2.3 lakhs (https://www.rushlane.com/2019-merced...tml):Frustrati
These are more like Model Year upgrades, as frustrating it gets for the current buyers (My MY17 XF got upgraded XJ like headrest, upgraded infotainment system for MY18 and got an additional Frameless Mirror for MY19) I think its good for the market overall but in this C Class' case it has been more than just a small upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks