Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2019, 21:43   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Creta Sports Edition launched at Rs 12.78 lakhs

Hyundai Creta Sports Edition launched at Rs 12.78 lakhs-img_20190802_214141.jpg

Hyundai Creta Sports Edition launched at Rs 12.78 lakhs-img_20190802_215225.jpg

Hyundai has silently launched the Creta in a limited edition variant called the Sports Edition. The new Sports Edition comes across as Hyundai’s latest strategy to stay relevant in the face of new rivals like the Seltos from its sister brand Kia.

Features include black coloured ORVMs, silver finish roof rails, leather wrapped steering wheel, silver coloured AC vents, rear spoiler, new black seat fabric with Creta embossing, new front and rear skid plates, smoked projector headlamps, black and dark chrome grille and an electric sunroof. It also gets all the features from the SX variant like a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control and wireless charging.

Hyundai Creta Sports Edition launched at Rs 12.78 lakhs-img_20190802_214051.jpg

Hyundai Creta Sports Edition launched at Rs 12.78 lakhs-img_20190802_214034.jpg

Hyundai Creta Sports Edition launched at Rs 12.78 lakhs-img_20190802_214019.jpg

Hyundai Creta Sports Edition launched at Rs 12.78 lakhs-img_20190802_213952.jpg

The new Sports Edition will only be available in two colour options -- Phantom Black and Polar White with a Phantom Black roof. It is priced at Rs 12.78 lakh for the 1.6 petrol and Rs 14.13 lakh for the 1.6 diesel version.

Hyundai Creta Sports Edition launched at Rs 12.78 lakhs-img_20190802_213935.jpg

Also note that the new variant is only available with the 6-speed manual gearbox and is based on the SX variant. The dual-tone variant attracts a premium of around Rs 11,000.

ZigWheels

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 2nd August 2019 at 21:53.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 23:31   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Sports Edition launched at Rs 12.78 lakhs

Wow, ain't that a revelation. I guess these changes give it an additional 20 or so horsepower.

On the plus side, atleast they did not indulge in some truly horrific decals, unlike Maruti some years back. This is nothing more than an attempt to keep the creta relevant and well within the people's eyes, in face of some great competition.
SaiSW is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 23:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Hyundai has silently launched the Creta in a limited edition variant called the Sports Edition. The new Sports Edition comes across as Hyundai’s latest strategy to stay relevant in the face of new rivals like the Seltos from its sister brand Kia.
The older sibling seems to be warming up to the ensuing rivalry.

If Hyundai wanted to make a really bold move, they should have offered these trims in AT. Would've warranted a consideration from those disappointed with the Seltos for the hotchpotch feature distribution.

Having said that, I must say Seltos eats Creta for breakfast as far as gadgetry goes.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 11:46   #4
BHPian

Extremely disappointed that there are no decals!! This is horrific considering that this is a limited edition 'Sports' variant. How on earth anyone is going to distinguish it as the V6 enabled monster it is. HMIL you need a lesson from MSIL in distinguishing your limited edition sports line up.

On a separate note which is the car with the most number of limited editions in India currently? My guess would be the VW Vento.
docprashant is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 19:47   #5
BHPian

I'm looking for the same model here in Chennai. However, none of the dealers have this model anymore.
Old 13th November 2019, 20:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
I'm looking for the same model here in Chennai. However, none of the dealers have this model anymore.

A bit off-topic. Nitin, are you aware of any BS4 clearance offers/discounts on the diesel Creta models?
Old 13th November 2019, 21:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

I read it as "stock clearance edition". Pricing is still too close to Seltos, Hyundai could have used this chance to give it at HUGE discounted price, similar to VW's corporate editions.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 00:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
A bit off-topic. Nitin, are you aware of any BS4 clearance offers/discounts on the diesel Creta models?
Yes. One dealer quoted close to 80k (With exchange offer) for SX 1.6 D. Its also mentioned in Creta's official site. Not sure whether to go grab the offer or pick the newbie Seltos HTX.
NitinDev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 08:26   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. One dealer quoted close to 80k (With exchange offer) for SX 1.6 D. Its also mentioned in Creta's official site. Not sure whether to go grab the offer or pick the newbie Seltos HTX.
Thanks! If Seltos is you're preference, then 80k with exchange isn't much, to prefer the Creta over Seltos.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 10:30   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Hyundai could have used this chance to give it at HUGE discounted price, similar to VW's corporate editions.
It would have been necessary only if the Creta D wasn't selling & needed any more discounts. From what I see on streets - it is still selling quite good & won't face a risk of backlog stocks. So obviously no more discounts yet...
Quote:
Not sure whether to go grab the offer or pick the newbie Seltos HTX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Thanks! If Seltos is you're preference, then 80k with exchange isn't much, to prefer the Creta over Seltos.
@NitinDev - if I were you - I'd try and extract some more discount & buy insurance from outside (that would save a LOT further). And I'd buy the Creta still. Why? I would pick that 1.6 CRDi any day while its available. Do drive it once if you haven't yet. You'll love it.
Old 15th November 2019, 12:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It would have been necessary only if the Creta D wasn't selling & needed any more discounts. From what I see on streets - it is still selling quite good & won't face a risk of backlog stocks. So obviously no more discounts yet...

@NitinDev - if I were you - I'd try and extract some more discount & buy insurance from outside (that would save a LOT further). And I'd buy the Creta still. Why? I would pick that 1.6 CRDi any day while its available. Do drive it once if you haven't yet. You'll love it.
Thanks! One dealer confirmed the availability of Sports dual tone. I'm going in tomorrow to check it out. Will try to push for more discounts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks