Team-BHP - 4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/211639-4th-gen-hyundai-tucson-spotted-south-korea.html)

The fourth-generation Hyundai Tucson has been caught testing in South Korea.

4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea-hyundaitucson5bc8.jpg

With camouflage covering the front end of the test mule, it is difficult to comment on the looks. However, the car appears to have a split headlamp design with LED daytime running lights on top. It has black plastic cladding around the front wheel arch and dual-tone ORVMs. The SUV has roof rails, blacked-out B-pillars and dual-tone alloy wheels.

Reports suggest that Hyundai is likely to offer the next generation Tucson in five and seven-seat configurations. At present, the Tucson only comes with a 5-seat layout. It is powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that makes 153 BHP @ 6,200 rpm and 192 Nm @ 4,000 rpm and a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit that produces 182 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm @ 1,750-2,750 rpm. Both engines are offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Source: Indian Autos Blog

Link to Team-BHP News

Next-gen Hyundai Tucson takes shape

All-new Tucson to be unveiled next year; will get two seating configurations

4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea-imageresizer-5.jpeg

4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea-imageresizer-6.jpeg

4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea-imageresizer-7.jpeg

Quote:

Hyundai has begun road-testing the next-gen Tucson SUV in international markets. As reported by us earlier, the next-gen Tucson will come with not one, but two seating configurations – a five-seat model as well as a seven-seater.

The SUV is likely to get styling cues from Hyundai HDC-2 Grandmaster concept that was revealed last year. Like newer Hyundai SUVs, the next-gen Tucson will come with a massive ‘cascade grille’ at the front just like the latest-gen Santa Fe, the Hyundai Venue and the upcoming all-new Hyundai Creta (SU2).

The new Tucson is expected to be longer and wider than the outgoing car in order to accommodate third row of seats. The SUV will actually move more upmarket than its current position, which means it could get an estimated price tag of Rs 30 lakh in our market.

The next-gen Tucson will be more luxurious too, with a pair of plush captain seats for the middle row. Additionally, it will get larger wheels and more creature comforts as well, along with advanced telematics among other high-end features.

Source

Gosh. Have Hyundai hired a team of Chinese designers to design all its offerings? First Creta and now this. The current version looks so much more well designed and proportionate compared to this. I feel the only car maker that can give them competition is level of quirkiness is Lexus. They should learn a thing or two from Honda who have managed to make the already good looking Civic more drool worthy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4647031)
I feel the only car maker that can give them competition is level of quirkiness is Lexus.

Couldn't agree more with you. Lexus is known for hideous grills and I must say Hyundai is beating them. What's with that chrome bling Hyundai has been obsessed with off late :Shockked:. This is by far the ugliest design from Hyundai's stable and I'm starting to feel ix25 is better in comparison to this.

Oh no, what is Hyundai thinking!

This is too radical a design for a car like the Tucson.
From the garish front grill to the weird alloys and that horrible tail light, this looks like a concept car from a Batman comic.

Wait what ! This is hideous to say the least. What were they thinking with the rear lights. The front resembles a bit of the Fortuner but the design is nowhere near balanced. I was eager for the new Tucson, so that I could buy it. I will probably now have to rush to get the old one before the new one comes in !

The front is all grill and the back is all tail light.

What in the world is Hyundai's design team smoking? Soon the new gen Hyundai's will launch in India and if these designs are what we will be getting, then I feel sorry for our countrymen who will need to witness these eyesores on our roads.

That tail light is sure going to blind the driver in the car behind. Till now, we were only blinded by headlights. With this contraption, even the tail lights will blind us.

Man, and here we're still waiting for the Facelift with the newer interiors!

Jokes aside, this is UGLY! Not only that, but it seems to be a fair amount larger than the present Tucson - almost Santa FE territory.

Expect the actual production models to look a lot better though without all the bling and lights that concepts are prone to.

The current generation Tucson looks much much better than this monstrosity that will replace it.
Hyundai should relook its design language on this vehicle.

This SUV is going to standout in the crowd and I think the design will grow on us over time. The rear Looks like an inspiration from Cadillac Escalade.

Not digging this one bit.
It is such a competent car inside out, but this infatuation with complex head and tail light designs is beyond me.
The lights should flow with the body not the other way around.
Let see what they have in store for us eventually.

It may look hideous, but will look menacing in the nights with those huge vertical fog lights, chrome grills and split head lights. Hyundai has ensured, that there will be light pollution not only from the front but also from the back. You don't want this car to follow you nor you would want to follow it. Spare your eyes!!

It seems that Autocar has used a wrong image on the Tucson story. The car shown was called the 'Grandmaster concept' of 2018, and was Palisade / Telluride sized. Since then, the Palisade has already been launched and looks significantly more 'normal'.

Grandmaster Concept:
4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea-hyundaihdc2grandmasterconcept.jpg

Hyundai Palisade:
4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea-800pxhyundai_palisade_rear.jpg

Not sure why do we have to look at the Grandmaster concept images used by Autocar, in order to speculate on the next Tucson's looks, when the production version of the Grandmaster is already on sale. If anything, we should look at the existing Palisade to understand what the Tucson may take cues from, in case Hyundai indeed wishes to carry over that look.

However, I think a better clue to the future Tucson's looks would be the Santa Fe, instead:

4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea-images.jpeg

2021 Hyundai Tucson Will Bring Dramatic New Looks

4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea-d825e70d2021hyundaitucsoncarscoops1.jpg

Expect an official reveal in the coming months, whilst sales won’t commence well into next year, as a 2021 model.

Link

I wonder if Hyundai is still planning to bring the facelift as the rumors suggested or if they will bring the 2021 Tucson into India.