Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2019, 13:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ertiga CNG launched at Rs. 8.88 lakh

Maruti Suzuki has launched the CNG variant of the Ertiga. It is only available in VXi trim and is priced at Rs. 8,87,689 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Maruti Ertiga CNG launched at Rs. 8.88 lakh-image001.jpg

The Ertiga CNG is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that is said to have dual ECU (engine control unit) with intelligent-gas port injection system. The engine produces 103 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 138 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. On CNG, the engine output drops to 91 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 122 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. A 5-speed manual transmission is offered as standard.

The CNG version of the Ertiga comes equipped with a 60 litre CNG tank. The claimed fuel economy of the CNG version is 26.20 km/kg.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 27th July 2019 at 13:15.
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 13:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga CNG launched at Rs. 8.88 lakh

Quote:
Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Ertiga 1.5
Variant: VXI
Fuel: Petrol
Colour: White
On-road price: 8.99L
Discount: None
Booking date: 19th June 2019
Expected Delivery Date: after Six week
Freebies: Only water and Tea at the showroom.

We wanted a budget 7 Seater MPV in our family from a very long time. Ertiga is currently the best VFM MPV in the market. This vehicle"ll be shared between me and my in-law's family.
As per the quoted post, just last month we booked an Ertiga VXI. We are going to buy this car just to use as people mover (for 5+ Persons). We are going to use this car in a 500km radius of my home city, Anand. Love to drive, pushed back in the seat, etc. kind of auto enthusiasts points are not at all considered in booking/buying Ertiga. This is purely an economic decision.

Now, the Ertiga CNG is launched and that makes me think. Should I Go for it? It fulfills all of my requirements. I can afford it. CNG will be more economical than Petrol. We have plenty of CNG pumps in the 500km radius of my home town.

What should we do? Is it advisable to buy a company fitted CNG car? I don't have any kind of experience in a CNG car. Quoted waiting period for my car is six weeks. So, I can change my decision and book an Eritga CNG.
SJM1214 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 14:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Now, the Ertiga CNG is launched and that makes me think. Should I Go for it? It fulfills all of my requirements. I can afford it. CNG will be more economical than Petrol. We have plenty of CNG pumps in the 500km radius of my home town.

What should we do? Is it advisable to buy a company fitted CNG car? I don't have any kind of experience in a CNG car. Quoted waiting period for my car is six weeks. So, I can change my decision and book an Eritga CNG.
A company fitted CNG is always better and safer than going for one aftermarket. However, do remember that the CNG tank will rob you of a lot of valuable boot space especially since the car will have 5+ people most of the times so fitting anything bigger than a small bag will be tough.

Cheers!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 27th July 2019 at 14:23.
porsche_guy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 15:03   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Now, the Ertiga CNG is launched and that makes me think. Should I Go for it? It fulfills all of my requirements. I can afford it. CNG will be more economical than Petrol.
I believe the cng version costs 71k over petrol; and that would translate to an even larger delta when you work out the on road price.

You could do your math on your expected usage and find out the payback.

On a factory fitted cng, you can rest assured on professional fitment and zero failure of cng components.

However, I personally feel that you should stick to petrol if your usage is going to be low; the 71k delta is a downer.
vigsom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 17:20   #5
BHPian

Now that they have launched CNG in the Ertiga with new 1.5L engine. Can MS please launch it in Ciaz which has the same engine!! Eagerly awaiting for a CNG sedan in the market and with mileage figures like 26.20 km/kg Ciaz would be perfect!
Old 27th July 2019, 18:06   #6
BHPian

I have been waiting for this model,needed a car for office and household work and the cng ertiga seems the right choice due to low maintenance cost,fuel efficiency and less pollution compared to diesel/petrol. Good timing for me as I was in the process of looking for a sparingly used last gen cng ertiga. Does anyone have any idea of the range of the cng tank.
Old 27th July 2019, 19:51   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Now that they have launched CNG in the Ertiga

Can MS please launch it in Ciaz which has the same engine!!
They can, and if they do, it will be on the Sigma and Delta variants only.

I remember the WagonR Lxi, the sx4 vxi, the Dzire Tour, and several other low/ mid trims being offered with CNG. The primary objective of the CNG offering is to target travel operators.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 08:32   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
The primary objective of the CNG offering is to target travel operators.
I thought so too, but note that they have launched it only in the VXi variant which is around Rs 70,000 more expensive than the LXi variant (LXi is a favourite of tour operators). That 70 grand difference alone would take care of the additional cost of the factory CNG kit.

Or maybe the LXi CNG will follow shortly.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 08:15   #9
BHPian

Booked an Ertiga VXI CNG day before yesterday, waiting period quoted by showroom is 24 weeks.

Maruti Ertiga CNG launched at Rs. 8.88 lakh-img_20191109_080916.jpg

However the mail sent by MSIL said waiting period of only 5 weeks.

Maruti Ertiga CNG launched at Rs. 8.88 lakh-img_20191109_081059.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks