Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2020, 21:42   #91
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs

They have over 150 bookings already and have a special event planned on 26th at Hyderabad.

I will not like to spill more details at this time
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 21:15   #92
BANNED

re: Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs

Quote:
To keep complications and supply chain costs on the lower side, Toyota will be launching the Vellfire only in the top of the line ‘Executive Lounge’ trim. The model will be sold with an 8-seat configuration as standard. Customers will however have the option to choose among 4 exterior paint choices and 2 interior color options.

On the dimension front, the Vellfire measures 4,935 mm in length, 1,850 mm in width and 1,895 mm in height. Its closest competitor, the Mercedes Benz V Class happens to be 435 mm longer & 78 mm wider when compared with the Vellfire.

Toyota will price the Vellfire around the INR 75 lakh mark (ex-showroom). Upon launch, the Vellfire will mainly compete with the V Class, however some potential customers might also want to switch to the Kia Carnival which offers similar level of features at around half the price.
Source
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 23:25   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The model will be sold with an 8-seat configuration as standard.
I don't think it's an eight-seater, 2 in front & mid and the last foldable ones are also good for 2.

Quote:
Toyota will price the Vellfire around the INR 75 lakh mark
I am told to expect around 80 Lac. Either way, it won't make any difference to the potential buyers.

Quote:
some potential customers might also want to switch to the Kia Carnival which offers similar level of features at around half the price.
No, these are different vehicles. One has to experience the quality of material, the hybrid drive train & the overall ambience. Yes, it's going to be expensive, and frankly, the only thing I disliked was suspension. It's a Van with six seats perhaps optimised considering the load of 3-4 person, and if you are travelling single, you feel road beside a bouncy ride. With no Air Suspension to help, I found the ride not very comfortable. I did some longish test rides twice and found it lacking only on this area. Seating posture and the overall comfort is otherwise better than anything else available.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 08:16   #94
Team-BHP Support

There is a media embargo on giving out any details or driving impression in public until today afternoon. After that you may see lots of online portals giving out all the details.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 08:52   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
There is a media embargo on giving out any details or driving impression in public until today afternoon.
But most of the dealerships have a car for test drive. It might not be easy like for other cars but very much possible. I expect them to share pricing only on 26th at Hyderabad where they are doing a grand event. Something which no other manufacturer has done yet or at least never by Toyota
Old 23rd February 2020, 14:12   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Vellfire Drive Reviews:

Quote:
The Toyota Vellfire is a luxurious MPV and is the perfect vehicle for celebrities, movie stars and the likes. It is full-sized panel van and it is loaded with all sorts of creature comforts

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd February 2020 at 14:20.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 14:54   #97
Team-BHP Support

I don't believe it. There's no rear 12V DC charging port or USB charging port. This was supposed to be there.

The place where the charging port is supposed to be is blanked out by a dummy plate.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 20:17   #98
BHPian

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this might be the perfect vehicle to mod for a VanLife kind of setup. Might be great to live out of something like this and do overlanding/adventure trips.

It would definitely be a good vanlife step up from our current options like the Innova. No Sprinters here unfortunately.
Old 25th February 2020, 21:10   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranstael View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this might be the perfect vehicle to mod for a VanLife kind of setup. Might be great to live out of something like this and do overlanding/adventure trips.

It would definitely be a good vanlife step up from our current options like the Innova. No Sprinters here unfortunately.
Buying a 80L ex-showroom vehicle for VanLife setup Not going to happen.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 12:15   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Vellfire launched at a price of ₹ 79.5 lakh, ex-showroom Pan India(except Kerala), for the sole Executive Lounge variant.

Quote:
the first three shipments of the Vellfire are already spoken for. Toyota has also said that customers in Hyderabad account for 20 percent of the total 180 bookings made. 60 units a month is Toyota's allocation for India.
Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-11.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th February 2020 at 12:33.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 12:42   #101
Team-BHP Support

Toyota is hosting a big event at Hyderabad today. They have invited all customers who have pre-booked the car to the event.

80 lac is what they have been telling all the time so no surprises. It will definitely find buyers initially but I doubt if they can continue 60 units per month at a later date.
Old 26th February 2020, 14:47   #102
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think this will help Kia sell more of carnival, than help Toyota ! Understand it is made of top notch materials, but does it justify 5 Million ?? I doubt ..
Sk8r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 16:57   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
I think this will help Kia sell more of carnival, than help Toyota ! Understand it is made of top notch materials, but does it justify 5 Million ?? I doubt ..
This isn't supposed to be a Carnival but the V-Class rival with it sights on VIP, Politicians and pretty loaded businessmen. This will go under the radar unlike the V-class, there is a reason why a Toyota Land Cruiser was a prime choice among politicians for a large SUV because it wasn't flashy as a Range Rover or the German SUVs.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 18:31   #104
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
This isn't supposed to be a Carnival but the V-Class rival with it sights on VIP, Politicians and pretty loaded businessmen. This will go under the radar unlike the V-class, there is a reason why a Toyota Land Cruiser was a prime choice among politicians for a large SUV because it wasn't flashy as a Range Rover or the German SUVs.
May be the brand image only isn't flashy . But this will never go under the radar. It is now the definition of flashy with all those chrome and massive size.
Asish_VK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 20:43   #105
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs

Just saw one randomly on the road today.

It was very edgy looking and stood out. Hid its size very well but had way to much chrome. Almost to the point of being crass. The design was something out of a Tokyo street.

Actually looked like a super sized older generation wagon R.

I am sure there are already people out there that have their cheque books ready for this.

Last edited by bigron : 26th February 2020 at 20:45.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks