Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2022, 14:23   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 budget crossover for India

Spotted this mule on the GST Road near Guduvanchery in Chennai today. I was travelling in another car and just took quick pictures before the car disappeared. Reason - this car was beating all others at traffic lights; real fleet-footed. At first sight, this might be mistaken for a Kwid, but a close look makes it feel like a smaller C5. Looks decently spacious.

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3_5.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3_2.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3_3.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3_1.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-c3_6.jpg
vigsom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 16:46   #287
Senior - BHPian

I really wonder what is stopping Citroen from launching the C3. It is a finished product and has been spotted testing for almost an year i guess so really surprised with the delay. Is it that Citroen isn't really confident of C3 working now that fuel prices are thru the roof? Or is it struggling to price it well with the runaway prices of input raw materials? Or is it the chip shortage?
Old 10th April 2022, 20:54   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Is it that Citroen isn't really confident of C3 working now that fuel prices are thru the roof? Or is it struggling to price it well with the runaway prices of input raw materials? Or is it the chip shortage?
It will definitely be pricing that is stopping them from launching the car now. Stellantis is very keen about expanding in new markets and if the launch of the C3 flops for whatever reason, it would be disastrous for the French brand's future in India.

Ideally, Citroen has to price the C3 against the Tiago and Celerio to have a chance.
Old 10th April 2022, 21:08   #289
BHPian

In all likelihood C3 is going to be a sub-10 lakh rupee car, unless Citroen goofs up with the pricing bigtime. Cars in this segment are expected to be volume churners. Currently there are not more than 15 Citroen dealerships pan India if I am not wrong. With dealer network as sparse as this, the rationale behind Citroen's strategy for Indian market is a bit perplexing to say the least!
Old 12th April 2022, 16:59   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I really wonder what is stopping Citroen from launching the C3. It is a finished product and has been spotted testing for almost an year i guess so really surprised with the delay.
May I know how you know it is a finished product? I work at the company and I can tell you it is not a finished product. I will refrain from going into too many details but the car was supposed much earlier and got due to various reasons, both unavoidable and avoidable. Things have been going on track for the most part, as far as I know and the current estimated launch date shouldn't change.
Old 12th April 2022, 20:42   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshga View Post
May I know how you know it is a finished product? I work at the company and I can tell you it is not a finished product. I will refrain from going into too many details but the car was supposed much earlier and got due to various reasons, both unavoidable and avoidable. Things have been going on track for the most part, as far as I know and the current estimated launch date shouldn't change.
Production already started in LATAM and the Indian version isn't going to be drastically different i read somewhere. Googled and found the link below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/auto.hi...525367303.html
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 10:31   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen C3 ready for launch!

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-4.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-3.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-5.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 15:44   #293
Senior - BHPian

Cost cutting is one thing but honestly, if they launch it without a rear wash and wipe, it's gone too far. That's an essential safety feature, even if it's not legally required in India.
Old 14th April 2022, 22:50   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this on the Chennai-Trichy highway. They were maintaining good speeds.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-screenshot_20220414134120_gallery.jpg  

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-screenshot_20220414134049_gallery.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 05:15   #295

I believe they would have just a single feature-bare variant barely scraping under 10L ex show room "launch" price, for marketing purposes. Willing to bet pricing is their biggest headache at the moment.
Old 16th April 2022, 07:54   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Citroen C3 ready for launch!
Not happy to see those old school door handles! On the plus side, mistook those wheel caps for alloys at first glance. This could be a base/mid variant.

For Citroen's sake, I hope this car succeeds!
Old 27th April 2022, 16:21   #297
BHPian

Spotted a C3 on Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore this morning. The LED DRLs are simple but attractive(could not capture it in the pics). Overall the car looks good, compact, and nothing extravagant.

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-img20220427wa0017.jpg

Citroen C3 budget crossover for India-20220427_103456.jpg
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 15:58   #298
BHPian

Looks pretty neat and ready to take on the ignis, punch and kiger/magnite. Just wondering how they will sell/service with just one dealership for the entire mumbai - navi mumbai - thane area.
Old 28th April 2022, 23:49   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

I had seen this car near Vellore 2 weeks back and rode alongside / overtook. The car is small - close to the 'Punch' size. Should be interesting to see the price range when launched.

Nice design though, a proper miniature of C5.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 22:24   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshga View Post
Hi,
Can I ask you for info. on expected launch timelines on C3? Would you be able to confirm any specific details about the models (incl. / excl. of rear wipers/alloys etc. ), it seems brazil model does indeed hve more goodies on them (however the only information we have on IN models are from spyshots) so would not want to speculate.

I am considering this as a small city car for the family.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks