Team-BHP - Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/209211-next-gen-mahindra-scorpio-now-revealed-scorpio-n-98.html)

Scorpio-N caught in black shade inside factory premises, seemingly ready for dispatch.

Also, a peek at the instrument cluster of top & base variants.

Courtesy - Her Garage on YouTube

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-8.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-7.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-4.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-5.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60OzkqVxCuE

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarunjain (Post 5343841)
CarDekho has published leak of Scorpio N variant lineup:

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...io-n-29276.htm

Summary:

4x4 is an option from the second base variant upwards??!! :Shockked:

Z2,Z4,Z6,Z8?

What happened to the RLS variant shown in the leaked user manual?:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 5343858)
4x4 is an option from the second base variant upwards??!! :Shockked:

If this turns out to be correct, pretty awesome. A lot of people who need a bigger 4x4 than Thar, but still at that 15L (+/-) ex-showroom budget, will finally have an option! At the same time, it seems to have been ensured that Thar doesn't get cannibalized in a big manner. Lower variants of Automatic Scorpio N don't have 4x4. Also if you want Petrol 4x4, Thar will still be the only option.

I checked with a local dealer in Chennai. When I spoke to the SA, they wanted a cheque for ₹21000 along with my Aadhar/PAN card to get the initial booking going on. They will not deposit the cheque till the customer sees, drives and confirms.

Looking for a top end 4x4 version. M&M has mastered the art of keeping the excitement ticking.

Seems like combination of 4x4 and automatic will be available only with Diesel Z8 and Z8L models. But what could be the difference between both variants?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harshavarthan (Post 5343947)
Seems like combination of 4x4 and automatic will be available only with Diesel Z8 and Z8L models. But what could be the difference between both variants?

Said to be similar to the Luxury pack in XUV 700. Some additional features. Feature distribution across variants isn’t out there yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarunjain (Post 5343846)
Scorpio N to be launched at 5.30pm on 27th June

From official Mahindra website:
https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/scorpio-n

Attachment 2324509

Ya I just noticed this on their official website.
Dealer at Amritsar he told me yesterday that demo car will be available at 9:30 am on 27th June. Now with this time (5:30. pm) I am sure plans have changed. Will call them tomorrow again and confirm. By the way, Amritsar dealer isn't taking any pre-bookings :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTO (Post 5342429)
Also, Scorpio N will be available in the showrooms on 27th of June.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitonwheels (Post 5343973)
Dealer at Amritsar he told me yesterday that demo car will be available at 9:30 am on 27th June. Now with this time (5:30. pm) I am sure plans have changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 5343638)
My SA used to say the launch was on June 27th, stopping just short of inviting me. And he was affirmative on the vehicle being on display at the showroom on 27th itself.

But, today he informed that the All India(?) launch was on the 27th, and that he would let me know on Sunday whether the vehicle would be available at the showroom or not. :confused:

Folks, there is no way the new Scorpio N can be available for test drives (or even on display) from 27th June. Please refer to the quote below from GTO on another thread. The media drives are scheduled for early next week and their reviews will go live on morning of 30th June. The vehicles can't be publicly out there (even in dealer stockyards) before this. Otherwise what's the point of offering exclusive access to select auto journalists?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 5341918)
We're driving it next week & embargoes for the first drive end on 30th June @ 10 AM.

Heard that the Scorpio-N's launch has been changed to 01 July.

Wasn't mentioning earlier as it seemed incorrect info, but reading the posts above, now wonder if it might be true. It fits in fairly with the media embargo being lifted on the 30th, which would encourage the buzz on the 1st.

There was also a mention of the customers first getting to see the vehicles and the booking coming up later. It is not through any channel I can be sure of, and things were vague, so please interpret the above accordingly.

Further, if true, it just might be an indicator of the ScorpioN not being priced as low as many guess; that Mahindra wants people to get a feel of the car for better acceptance of a higher price. On the other hand, it could yet again be a means to first buld up an expectation of a higher price, followed by the joy and mad-rush by a lower-than-expected price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarunjain (Post 5343846)
Scorpio N to be launched at 5.30pm on 27th June

Wow, that's great news :thumbs up However what makes me wonder is the cringy advertisement catchphrase! In all honesty, if the Scorpio N is the big daddy of SUV's what will the world call the Fortuner's, the Endeavour's the Gloster's :D All the more power to Mahindra for a wonderful product but the advertisement catchphrase sums up the psyche of most people who use a SUV as a weapon on the roads.

Makes one recollect the advertisement ford had for the endeavour where they actually spread a different message on media channels whereby Ford in crux conveyed bigger your car more your responsibilities.

Seems Mahindra is trying to avoid the booking issues faced during XUV7OO launch. Although unofficial, my dealer has taken my Adhaar and PAN card to punch in booking once they get the system access from Mahindra. Additionally, I will get a call from Mahindra central team to confirm my booking once punched by dealer (he still does not want me to pay booking amount though).

A Golden/Yellow seems to be confirmed as per him.

New Mahindra Scorpio-N variants details have been revealed via type approval certificates.

- Total 37 variants including Petrol (MT, AT) and Diesel (MT, AT)