Team-BHP - Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/209211-next-gen-mahindra-scorpio-now-revealed-scorpio-n-83.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 5335841)
360 degree bird's eye view system is given. Right button in this pic.

So are they stitching with only 2 cameras, cause there is no mention of ORVM camera in the leaked manual yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rishu (Post 5335636)
2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Owner Mannual Leaks Dimensions - To be bigger than Safari

Tweaking the picture slightly to add Ground Clearance Information as well. Although not obvious from the user manual, I assume it will be similar to the old Scorpio's i.e., ~210 mm.

From the owner's manual, one can confirm the following features:Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-capture.png

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 768
Size:  163.5 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadewilson (Post 5335639)
Getting back to the Scorpio though, it seems like such a good value for money Car - I'm assuming, since, it definitely won't be priced above the XUV 7OO. The proportions seem just about right at 4662mm which will retain the boxy looks to an extent. I cannot wait to see the car in the flesh and try it out :D

My assumption is that they may have some crazy starting price for a barebones trim for marketing purpose....but.... the car will have the same price band as XUV700.

So they will present a choice to the customers
- Rugged and body-on-frame ? But Scorpio
- Refined and monocoque? buy XUV700

This will result in cross-shopping.....and.....higher margins for Mahindra. Brands like Apple use this pricing technique to grear effect. Why not Mahindra?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrapunto (Post 5335913)
So they will present a choice to the customers
- Rugged and body-on-frame ? Buy Scorpio
- Refined and monocoque? buy XUV700

Absolutely! If you look at it, the new Scorpio-N will be in a really sweet spot when launched - a ladder-frame, abuse-friendly, 7-seater, 4x4 SUV with fair amount of creature comforts (that's where it differentiates itself from the Thar, Gurkha, Gypsy, etc.) available at reasonable price (that's where it differentiates itself from the Fortuner, Alturas, Gloster, etc.). Surprisingly, there is absolutely no option in this space as of now, especially after Tata Motors chose to "soften" the Safari. And for this very reason, it will be a smashing hit. Will it cannibalize its siblings (read Thar and XUV 7OO) - yes, to an extent. But, if Mahindra does not do it, someone else will :D

Going by the previews and scoops, it seems to offer a LOT of SUV for the monies it will command (assuming Mahindra prices it the way they usually do). Had it been launched before I bought my Fortuner, I would have been VERY tempted to try it out for sure :)

the Scorpio-n looks well proportioned in the user manual pics and even the real overhang , which looked odd in spy pics looks good here.

Going back to the leaked scorpio n images with the old mahindra logo that surfaced a few weeks ago and looking at the rear from the owners manual. They surely have tweaked the design (assuming that leaked scorpio picture was the real)
They have decreased cuts and curves and definitely made it more clean and simpler. Highlighted the bits that have been changed in the attached pictures.

Name:  82102D3D8DBD469183CDCA8E3DB05087.jpeg
Views: 763
Size:  15.9 KB

Name:  1AB05F3879674CF395BBC12B1CFF6B58.jpeg
Views: 749
Size:  32.4 KB

Many things cleared after the leaked manual but hopefully they make the power distribution 50/50 unlike the XUV 700 which sends 60% to front and 40% to rear wheels.

The excitement is clearly there for the product in the market and it will definitely sell like hot cakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushgandhi (Post 5335946)
Many things cleared after the leaked manual but hopefully they make the power distribution 50/50 unlike the XUV 700 which sends 60% to front and 40% to rear wheels

If this is a 2W drive by default, and switchable 4L and 4H, where’s the question of power distribution like 7OO ? N should also have differential locks right ?

Regards,
Rahul

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 5335941)
..Had it been launched before I bought my Fortuner, I would have been VERY tempted to try it out for sure..

Every Fortuner buyer will think the same way :).
Toyota must be fretting, have started seeing Fortuner Ads in the newspapers of late.

The Scorpio-N would be a segment disruptor with potential to capture a huge/majority pie of the body on frame full size SUV market. The 1917mm extra width should comfortably seat three in the mid seat.

Products like Scorpio N are needed to keep monopoly in check and prices more realistic/competitive.

My calculative guess regarding Scorpio introductory prices (based on Mahindra's recent disruptive pricing strategy) is:

11.65 ex-showroom for the base petrol MT trim,

12.15 ex-showroom for the base diesel MT,

19.99 ex-showroom for the top-end diesel AT.

Although I will be happy to pay even 1-2 lakhs more (because even a product like Kushaq costs 19 big ones, which in my opinion can't hold a candle to*the big daddy).No offence intended to Kushaq's owners/potential customers.

Question to the birdies:

Will Mahindra reveal the prices of the Scorpio-N on 27th June as part of the launch?
Or is it just a reveal of the SUV in full and start taking pre-bookings?

I ask this because of 2 reasons:

1. Mahindra has followed staged approach in the past for Thar and XUV7OO.

2. I read that media drives are scheduled on 27th June. So their reviews will be out after few days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahulya007 (Post 5335970)
If this is a 2W drive by default, and switchable 4L and 4H, where’s the question of power distribution like 7OO ? N should also have differential locks right ?

My question was regarding the power distribution when the driver doesn’t use the two modes 4H/L manually. This system as told earlier will automatically engage in 4wd.

With a system that automatically engages 4wd based on slippage is a computer based system with a clutch engaging to send power when needed. This is an open centre diff system.

On road this system is fine but off road it can theoretically send power to only one wheel with the lowest traction. (Like XUV without manually locking it in awd)

So my question Is regarding power distribution when the system is in default mode and the driver doesn’t engage 4H manually.
Hence we will get clarity once the official details are out.

1. Very happy with the dimensions. Extra width over the XUV700 would help making a tall Body on Frame vehicle more stable, and allow for better dynamics. 2750mm wheelbase is just right for legroom and acceptable off-road without a further increase in ground clearance (a higher GC also results in a higher centre of gravity, which hurts dynamics).

2. The brand Scorpio has been a double edged sword - from aspirational and iconic, to also being associated with regional politicians and their associates. With the dimensions well sorted out, the challenge for Mahindra now might be of perception - to make it be seen as upmarket enough to appeal across segments.

3. A premium 5+ seater variant with lots of legroom on the second row would help. The more premium segment might appreciate (removable?) side-folding seats at the back, which people might use for house help. it having easy access from the rear without disturbing the saab-memsaab would also win points. (The one sent for crash testing would of course be a different variant.) This would suit the fairly affluent segment who needs to travel to, or are posted or life in, rough and somewhat remote areas of our vastly varied country. A Fortuner might be seen as too expensive and at the price it sells at, as not the one to rough it out.

Let us see if Mahindra can make the Scorpio perception premium enough with the N.

4. I wouldn't be surprised with a mid-life facelift with ADAS features, by when the chips issue would likely be sorted out

5. Pricing: Seems it will go to a bit higher than AX5 of XUV700, with the AX7 competitor coming up later, once the chips issue is sorted.

6. One can expect Mahindra to have figured out variants based on the reality of the chips situation, so hopefully will have faster deliveries. If so, it might hurt the XUV700 deliveries as a larger part of capacity might go to the Scorpio-N, as it will be a smoother flow with better use of financial investment for Mahindra.

7. Maybe, just maybe, the extended waiting times of the XUV700 have been given based on this, and might not see a major revision in timelines after people cancelling the XUV700 in favour of the Scorpio-N.

8. My guess however remains that the XUV700 delivery dates will be advanced by Mahindra with the excuse/reason of people shifting to the Scorpio-N. They have reaped good rewards by scarcity creating a sense of value - beyond a point the returns diminish, and the cost of losing customers to Tata increases.

A Fortuner buyer may not be tempted to have a look at the Scorpio N. But with these quoted dimensions, what is the possibility that some Crysta owners may end up buying the Scorpio N? Especially if M&M manages to upgrade the ride quality & handling of the Scorpio N to be atleast as good as the Marazzo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poitive (Post 5336060)
3. A premium 5+ seater variant with lots of legroom on the second row would help. The more premium segment might appreciate (removable?) side-folding seats at the back, which people might use for house help. it having easy access from the rear without disturbing the saab-memsaab would also win points. (The one sent for crash testing would of course be a different variant.) This would suit the fairly affluent segment who needs to travel to, or are posted or life in, rough and somewhat remote areas of our vastly varied country. A Fortuner might be seen as too expensive and at the price it sells at, as not the one to rough it out.

My sources are not saying the specs floating around are just rumors and more details will be had closer to launch...

I still think a Petrol XUV 700 AT will still be expensive than Scorpio N...as XUV 700 is far more refined and sophisticated. Whereas Scorpio N will continue with its core USP of being a rugged go anywhere vehicle...

Scorpio-N spotted completely undisguised from an undisclosed location.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-5.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-1.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-9.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-3.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-6.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-10.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-8.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-4.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-7.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UJ9K2ee8Dmc