Team-BHP - Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/209211-next-gen-mahindra-scorpio-now-revealed-scorpio-n-44.html)

This piece of old news is making sense now. It could be SCORPIAN or maybe SCORPIO STING.

Let's see. My only wish - please spare thought for customers who genuinely need solid ladder on frame UV for rural conditions. A bare basic M2 like varient? Currently chaps like me are surviving on Bolero and Neo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalaps (Post 5312230)
piece of old news is making sense now. It could be SCORPIAN or maybe SCORPIO STING.

Did you perhaps mean this, as well?https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahind...rademark-india

It would be nice if there is an option for All Wheel Drive or 4X4 on lower models as well and not reserved, only for the top model. It would satisfy the need for a go-anywhere 6 seater vehicle without paying so much.

Last week I was on my way to Chennai from Nellore and ran into this camouflaged vehicle near Naidupet. Is it the new Scorpio? I could not spot an exhaust pipe (The pictures are not very clear. Apologies for the same) though. And it had a surreal acceleration (compared to the ageing Skoda Rapid I was driving.) An eScorpio maybe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 (Post 5312112)
1.)

2.) Members who are in the hopes that the Z101 will take the place (supposedly) left behind by the Alturas G4 have clearly never experienced the Alturas. Going by how the 7OO feels, I don't see Mahindra attaining the sheer finesse which the Alturas exudes anytime soon.

Exactly my thoughts. Alturas is a truly premium car which can never be matched by xuv700, let alone Scorpio. The nappa leather used for seat upholstery is of a very high quality. Everything is very well put together and reeks of quality. It is unfortunate that it never saw the success that it deserved.

Now the body on frame D-Segment, AWD/4WD space has been pretty much vacated by everyone except the Japanese and the Chinese. With the Chinese hardly selling, Toyota has become the King of the Segment.

Fortuner comparisons aside, there is a huge vaccum in this space and I feel Mahindra will succeed with the new Scorpio. My only wish is that since the older Scorpio has been updated to latest BS6 and safety regulation, continue selling that as a step up from the Bolero/Bolero Neo and keep the new Scorpio as Mahindra's flagship.

For god's sake Mr. Anand, please don't launch a W2 version of the new Scorpio. The moment you do that you bring down the product positioning and make the chap who bought the W22 look like a fool.

I like the new Scorpio. It will find many takers and continue to rule its segment (guess elevated segment !)

I sincerely hope M&M took care of supply side issues to some extent. We have seen the waiting times of those models. Adding Scorpio to the mix could increase the waiting time for Thar and XUV700.

Understood that they can’t delay the launch forever. But launching this at the cost of additional waiting time to other models in the same company doesn’t look like a prudent decision.

Only time will tell.

Few more days for the camouflage to come off, spotted testing near Ooty.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1652026594456.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1652026596924.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1652026600492.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1652026603322.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1652026605855.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1652026610333.jpg

Source : Rushlane

The sole person who had earlier claimed New-Gen Scorpio Taillight, has now uploaded a video on it’s illumination.

https://youtu.be/elhxlgBp0Hk

Quote:

Originally Posted by GautamJ (Post 5312741)
The sole person who had earlier claimed New-Gen Scorpio Taillight, has now uploaded a video on it’s illumination.

Listening to the language,this guy can be a vlogger rl:

Sorry to spoil the party. This is not New Scorpio but rather re-launch of Alturas. I also got a call from my Mahindra service advisor who had same thoughts.

Let's wait and watch!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cka (Post 5312754)
Sorry to spoil the party. This is not New Scorpio but rather re-launch of Alturas. I also got a call from my Mahindra service advisor who had same thoughts.

Let's wait and watch!!!

The silhouette of the front side in the teaser seems to be suggesting otherwise. I don't think Mahindra would want to invest in the Alturas anymore considering they are going to sell off their stake in Ssangyong

Clearly, Mahindra has another winner in their hands.

Lights in the teaser reminds me of T-ROC :D but, seems quite premium.

I saw one riding alongside me on NH4. There was significant bodyroll on the turns. But the car looks very proportional and smart on road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cka (Post 5312754)

Let's wait and watch!!!

This is a downgrade internally from the Alturas that sits above the XUV700. This looks lower down the chain so Scorpio is the only logical contender.