Team-BHP - Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/209211-next-gen-mahindra-scorpio-now-revealed-scorpio-n-36.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asish_VK (Post 5305168)
Is it the photo angle, which makes new Scorpio look very long ? It looks like an MPV in this photo. Also quiet a long rear overhang too.

Considering that the photo has been taken on a GoPro or something similar, the photo is surely distorted.

The design looks alright and hopefully will get a proper photo sometime soon.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the design with a longer overhang in the rear as this could be the only true 7-seater with usable boot space at an affordable price range for majority of car buyers

Thanks for the admins for approving my membership. Third times the charm.

Last week I was traveling on outskirts of Pune and passed Mahindra Scorpio test vehicle.
It looked big, but was travelling at a slower pace, so was not able to click many pics.

The front bumper had some blue masking, cause of which I thought this was a electrtc or hybrid test vehicle.

One thing I noticed is they have a grab handle on A pillar for driver ingress and egress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saats07 (Post 5305740)

The front bumper had some blue masking, cause of which I thought this was a electrtc or hybrid test vehicle.

That blue camo looks identical to the one used on the XUV700 before the media drives , maybe Mahindra is prepping the Scorpios for an unveil?Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-m3.jpg

Saw 4 camouflaged Scorpios on the Chengalpet-Trichy highway. They were running in pairs and doing speeds in excess of 120 kmph. The drivers were very skilled moving in and out of traffic. They drove till Tindivanam toll gate and took a U-turn back. Body roll seemed well contained even at those speeds.

Didn't take pictures as traffic was heavy and they were quick. My friend was driving while I was shotgun.

New Mahindra Scorpio spotted with normal sunroof.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220427185257_instagram.jpg

Source : MotorBeam

Spy images revealing alloy wheel design.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-279458648_4973627919424355_2294414092772309183_n.jpg

Name:  279371764_4973627799424367_6658392107787467195_n.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  97.5 KB

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-279289369_4973627866091027_8634882228495696347_n.jpg

I think that it is very much likely that the Scorpio will share the platform, powertrain and drivetrain with the Thar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohitchalla (Post 5306414)
I think that it is very much likely that the Scorpio will share the platform, powertrain and drivetrain with the Thar.

Yes, it has long been rumoured that it will be based on the Gen 3 platform like the present Scorpio, Thar and Bolero Neo.

Not sure if this a rendering or unmasked version. But definitely is a looker !

Name:  SCORPIO.png
Views: 447
Size:  346.2 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by r-a-s (Post 5306299)
Spy images revealing alloy wheel design.

If I am right, these are the first scoop pics showing the body colour as well as part of the cladding design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by r-a-s (Post 5306299)

Quote:

Originally Posted by srivatsahg (Post 5306461)
Not sure if this a rendering or unmasked version. But definitely is a looker !

Irrespective of whether the upcoming Scorpio is a looker or not after the after the actual reveal, Mahindra should do something about the quality, pattern and styling of the camouflage.

The quality, pattern and the way the camouflage has been drapped around the Scorpio test mules makes it look absolutely hideous, disproportional and unpalatable :Frustrati.

Understand that the purpose of the camouflage is to mask the design, but there should be some level of aestetics be it even the cover.

Just a little inside from Mahindra.

The new Scorpio will sit above XUV700 in price range. It would be priced around 23-24 Lacs ex Showroom for the starting Variants. I have a very solid confirmation on the same, but cannot mention the source of information.

The New Scorpio is actually heavily reworked Alturus G4. And having felt it, I can assure all of us that it's nothing like what we have driven below the Land Cruiser. The NVH levels are next to Zero. The steering is like its gliding.

Also fellows BHPians mentioning that it doesn't have enough features. Just wait for the launch. We all are in for surprises. I was asked not to get the XUV700 and wait for the Scorpio recently.

I think this would be enough for now. We will have a lot more information by the 20th May and by 20th June we can all sit and feel the vehicle.

Will keep updating as when I get more information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 5306616)
The new Scorpio will sit above XUV700 in price range. It would be priced around 23-24 Lacs ex Showroom for the starting Variants.

If this is true, then it ties-in with the earlier post that the current Scorpio will continue to be there along with Z101.

I highly doubt that a car that sits at about the Alturas G4 category will have a sideward opening tailgate.