Team-BHP - Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/209211-next-gen-mahindra-scorpio-now-revealed-scorpio-n-117.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by atluri_rkc (Post 5346454)
I am not sure. If anything, Mahindra will be looking to increase XUV7OO prices more now. They now have a different product (read Scorpio-N) to cater to lower price points. Additionally, they now have a reference point with in their portfolio to showcase the value (through ADAS and other comforts). To maintain the flag-ship status, Mahindra will maintain a positioning (more thru profitability internally and that drives pricing) vs. Scorpio N

I fully agree,they can't have matching prices for both the products and price hike for their more premium offering ie XUV700 is around the corner.Nevertheless it will make ScorpioN a more tempting deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 5346481)
The 6 airbag rule is still in draft stage and with Bharat NCAP now being announced, it is unlikely to see the light of day. Even if it does, it will be 1-2 years till it becomes effective.

It is really confusing. What does a draft notification mean? Is it mandatory from October or not? :Frustrati

Even yesterday Mr. Gadkari had spoken regarding. As per this link posted below, he is clearly mentioning that it is mandatory.

https://m.economictimes.com/industry...w/92498421.cms

Source: The economic times.

Looks like the media drives are starting to come out.

https://youtu.be/GAfhGgPZxYY

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indepth (Post 5346490)
It is really confusing. What does a draft notification mean? Is it mandatory from October or not? :Frustrati

Even yesterday Mr. Gadkari had spoken regarding. As per this link posted below, he is clearly mentioning that it is mandatory.

https://m.economictimes.com/industry...w/92498421.cms

Source: The economic times.

The proposed timeline is Oct. 1st, but it is not yet a rule.

Due respect to our minister but he makes a lot of similar statements which do not become the rule.

All proposed regulation changes / proposals are released as a draft first post which there is a 30 day window for all stakeholders to provide their feedback and comments. The ministry then takes a call on the final notification and timeline. Obviously there has been a lot of pushback on this rule from the industry and hence there has not been a final notification.

The draft 6 airbag notification - Link

In short, you will have to choose a Z8 or a Z8L to get 6 airbags.

Mahindra Scorpio N – Accessories and other options

Mahindra has launched the all-new Scorpio N in the Indian market. The SUV looks rather imposing in its new avatar. However, there is a list of official accessories to further enhance the look of your Scorpio N.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc1.jpg

Mahindra offers a ‘Chrome Pack’ that adds chrome bits on the radiator grille, as well as around the headlamps and fog lamps. It also includes chrome door handles, chrome trims around the ORVMs, wheel arches, door cladding and additional chrome bits around the tail lamp and on the tailgate.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc2.jpg

Inside, customers can choose from an 'Imposing Limits' Theme upholstery or the 'No Limits' Theme range with Black and Brown seat covers.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc3.jpg

Mahindra is also offering an integrated roof carrier, roof cross bar and chrome insert rain visor along with rear bumper protectors, car covers, floor mats, scuff plates, aluminium pedals and sunshades.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc4.jpg

The Scorpio N is available in five variants - Z2, Z4, Z6, Z8 and Z8 L. The SUV comes with two engine options: a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine with 198 BHP / 380 Nm and a 2.2-litre diesel producing 173 BHP / 400 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic. Select variants get Mahindra's 4xplore 4-wheel drive system.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc5.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc6.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc7.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc8.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc9.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-sc10.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Here’s how the manual variants of the Scorpio-N stack up against other 3-row SUVs on the price graph - Link

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220628_162716.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 5346506)
All proposed regulation changes / proposals are released as a draft first post which there is a 30 day window for all stakeholders to provide their feedback and comments. The ministry then takes a call on the final notification and timeline.

So, from what I understand from this is, the decision is pending despite the window period for decision expired.

However, I am still hopeful from govt. to enforce this, although less likely since the industry is still in post covid recovery phase.

With the ScorpioN launched without 6 airbags, the chances of this becoming a rule are further diminished.:Frustrati
(Hopefully Mahindra knows what they are doing)

I currently drive a Safari Storme 4X4 which turns 7 shortly. Since I live in NCR, I will have to let my Storme go in a few years given the NGT rule on life of Diesel vehicles .

I want a pukka 4X4 with a solid ladder frame chassis and the only product that matches that requirement in the ScorpioN. The Thar lacks space for 4 people with luggage ( for long trips) and sice its a 2 door, its not practical. The Fortuner is priced way too high for a product that I will be able to retain for a max of 10 years.

I checked out the car today. Seems to meet most my needs. Hopefully, the 4WD will follow soon.

Some shortcomings were a fixed middle seat (no sliding), the third row is not split and unlike the Storme, it does not have a separate AC unit. I don't know how effective the AC will be for for the second and third row occupants. I also didn't like the fact that the Diesel MT 8Z variant does not come with alloy wheels ( something that can be rectified by purchasing the alloys separately)

For the Hyderabad folks: Scorpio available for viewing at Automotive motors R.P.Road..green or whatever color it is called.Seems it is also available at the Panjagutta showroom.Not available at Trimulgherry.

I thought I saw the executives take the bookings.. apparently 25000 as the booking amount.Probably they will punch in once the booking window opens.

that is some off-roading. The last part from 6 minutes onwards I had my heart in my mouth ! I think the car skid at hit the bottom of the step at around 6:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinbie2019 (Post 5346148)
Few observations from launch
1. Curtain airbags not going beyond second row.

I remember seeing this very carefully in the presentation and it did cover the third row, but now i am confused. seems deceptive to my eyes, can someone please decrypt this from the image? Seems at the front dotted lines that coverage is only up to the second row but in the rear side, it covers the third row, would be disappointed if it did not.

If there is something called as love at first sight it happened this morning. After the event and numerous videos watched on youtube I was having mixed feeling for the car, although it was almost certain about buying the car after driving my 2015 XUV 500 for more than 1.5 lakh kms.

The car felt a bit quirky when it came to proportions(in videos). I say this with confidence, videos and pictures dont do justice, go out and look at the car and feel it for yourself. Mahindra has another blockbuster in their hands and the sales guy told me how they were ready for no lunch breaks and no holidays in the coming months.

A few things to note.

1. Manual 4WD Z8(which is my choice) will only have steel wheels and no alloys.

2. If anyone can confirm will the side step to enter the car be part of accessories or it will be included in the car, the car is tall and my mother who goes in the XUV easily had problems entering the car as this display model had no side step. Since the last scorpio has it I hope they give it in the N as well.

3. Boot space is less than xuv 500 after tumbling the seats as nothing beats a flat floor boot.

4. The car is imposing and has a great presence.

5. Built quality is great and feels built to last.

Here are a few clicks after my experience with the car.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_2264-copy.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_2265-copy.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_2267-copy.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img_2268-copy.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram78 (Post 5346525)
For the Hyderabad folks: Scorpio available for viewing at Automotive motors R.P.Road..green or whatever color it is called.Seems it is also available at the Panjagutta showroom.Not available at Trimulgherry......

Just a disclaimer: The pics.attached in my post #1749 do not seem to represent the actual green color. Probably a problem with my phone with which i clicked. Just saw @kushgandhi's post. It is the correct shade.

But you really need to see the SUV in person. You will not be able to judge it looking at YouTube and other videos on the net or whatever flowery descriptions we have written.

I felt the designs make the XUV700 and ScorpioN look like completely diff.animals. XUV looks to have a refined design..something urban while the ScorpioN looked a more rugged,tough,big animal..like (Lion+Elephant)/2

I personally would book the XUV over ScorpioN if both were equally priced. But as it stands, the Scorpio seems to be providing more features at a lesser price. Just need to check the drive comfort.

Anyone heard about how this car rides on bumpy roads and curves. In the offroad videos its being taken slowly so the roll is very minimal, but any help is welcome here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddy42 (Post 5346594)
Anyone heard about how this car rides on bumpy roads and curves. In the offroad videos its being taken slowly so the roll is very minimal, but any help is welcome here.

We have wait till official review is out. Any idea when Automatics prices will be revealed and any information on whether automatics can be booked on July 5th?